Recent "Interview" with Howard Chan - CONFIRMED AS BEING FALSE - Broken Dreams

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Recent "Interview" with Howard Chan - CONFIRMED AS BEING FALSE - Broken Dreams

Okay I just burned all my custom Marines that I had spent several years building. Can't wait to see how HT creates the new ones. When do they go up for preorder?

Re: Recent "Interview" with Howard Chan - CONFIRMED AS BEING FALSE - Broken Dreams

EVERYTHING in that interview was plausible. But it wasn't remotely funny or "why would they do that?" Not a very good joke.

Ya I think most of it seemed plausible until they mention the "living carpet". That just didn't sound right, nothing like what HTs would say. Plus the translation was too clean. Also I think what threw things off for some people, like for people in the USA, we saw this on March 31st, not April 1st. So technically it was not an April fools joke for us :lol.

And now anytime OSR puts out an interview, people are going to question if its legit. So in some ways they might have done more harm than good for themselves and their reputation. Not everyone will feel that way, but some will.

Personally I dont really care. I just go by what goes up from Pre-Order. Everyone, everyday speculates on this site on "whats coming next". I just stick to what SSC puts up for PO when it comes to HTs. Anything else, is really all just fan talk.

The one I always remember was the preorder announcement for the Lower Half of a Battle-Damaged Darth Maul.

I still have my Sideshow Apple card on display. That was another good one.

I was one of the Admins in OSR who was in on the hoax. If it has hurt you all so much, we apologise. Though all those coughs should have been clue enough that most of it was fabricated.

Takes balls to come here and say that. Now take responsibility and tell Howard that we really need those Marines redos.

Well now we know what virgins do with their spare time.
They make up fake interviews and post them to the internet.

Now take responsibility and tell Howard that we really need those Marines redos.

I agree! To make up for this fiasco, bring us a legitimate interview with great answers. I'm drowning in Marvel lately and my funds are going to other companies.

Yeah the Smooth Criminal one was particularly appalling, since we've waited almost 4 YEARS for it!!! I just hope HT stops making Iron Drones and deliver good stuff soon...

EVERYTHING in that interview was plausible. But it wasn't remotely funny or "why would they do that?" Not a very good joke.

I was one of the Admins in OSR who was in on the hoax. If it has hurt you all so much, we apologise. Though all those coughs should have been clue enough that most of it was fabricated.

Nah it was hilarious. People have no sense of humour in this place anymore. :lol

Mission accomplished guys. : duff

Since I normaly read things late, when I read it yesterday I just assumed it was old news and I was just seeing it now. I think I saw his last interview abotu a week after it had been posted.

Did a lot of people at OSR fall for it? Normally I catch the pranks when they are done as an article or new thread created on the 1st. It's when it is quoted in the middle of a thread that I am a picture perfect example of gullible.

I don't think it was hilarious. At all. You know well how starved we are for certain figures to be made, and this pissed a lot of people off.

First world problems.

Classic prank.

But that's the thing... it wasn't a prank. It was a falsified interview that 1) makes the person who was listed as interviewed look bad and 2) then makes the people responsible for it also look bad. I don't really care that it was a fake, and take any interview about upcoming products with a big grain of salt, but as Dave said there was no humor attached to indicate it wasn't legit and what was added was plausible.

To me it's just an irresponsible move and hurts the legitimacy of OSR as a source of information. And if I were Mr. Chan I'd certainly not be pleased to be misrepresented like that, even for a joke.

Agree to disagree then. :duff

It would not have been a very good April fools if the humour was too obvious. HC possibly not finding it very amusing does not really affect my view on it I must say.

Most likely :lol :duff Although I agree on the first world problems bit :lol

Like HT or OSR gives a ****.

The interview might not have been funny, but the results were. A bunch of grown-ups getting all hot and bothered about a doll's release is funny.

"most" of it? So some of it was true!!! Which part Axe, which part? To the speculative posts Robin!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

Stay tuned for the follow-up legit interview with Howard Chan, where he neither clarifies nor denies the upcoming release of a 12" R'as al Ghul doll! Be amazed as he confirms another Iron Man release! Same bad tune, same bad channel!

Nerd rage over fake Howie Chan leaves hundreds of keyboards mangled.

Next up we look at the accuracy of glass wrist pegs.

I blame myself for not reading it closely and seeing the disclaimer at the bottom. But as I said a better joke is like SSC's Frog Thor - it's funny and there is photo evidence, but it can't possibly be true.

Right?

We have decided what will be done. ****.Po must get whacked out for this insult and disrespect.

Axe sleeps with the fish!!

If through the reaction to this fake interview it comes to HT attention that people want things like Ra'as and 2.0 versions of the Colonial Marines & Ripley, well it'll have been worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back