Howard Chan Interview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's pretty likely they're talking about feedback on FB and other sites, and not just the people attending cons.

And we've seen them make changes and tweaks if enough people complain about something, so clearly they monitor all that stuff.

In that case. Death Star trooper please. That’s Death Star trooper. With the console. You know the one

Quote Originally Posted by SithThundercracker View Post
Jesus! People were complaining about TFA being too derivative and now we are at the point of praising the most derivative, flat and boring storyline ever with Luke turning to the Dark Side ("completely out of character considering ROTJ" they said about Luke in TFA), the super ridiculous Palpatine clones (Snoke is a Palpy ripoff, they said) and lame World Devastators.
Luke is even dressed like Darth Vader!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Dark empire, sadly, was not good. It came at a time where they was lit5oe else and featured some cool art but was infinitely inferior to the thrawn trilogy.
Hated the clone emperor then still hate it now.

Bespin Han ? Yes please
Padme aotc ? Yes please

Eu? Mata revan malak? Please and thank you

I think it's pretty likely they're talking about feedback on FB and other sites, and not just the people attending cons.

And we've seen them make changes and tweaks if enough people complain about something, so clearly they monitor all that stuff.

I really hope so.

Just how do you get to Comic Luke as favourite is what worries me. No doubt Comic con direct feedback.

Anyway we'll see.

Such BS. They use the con to gauge interest? In what way? How many pic tags they get on IG? :dunno

It’s not like they take polls or are on the floor engaging fans. Hell, the SIdeshow reps were barely on the floor this year. And previous years, you’d ask them questions about the likelihood of figures coming out and they had no clue.

It all boils down to what HC wants.

Q6) Will all figures display @ show be available?
A6) HT uses SDCC & ACGHK as a platform to communicate with collectors. Will then get feedback and guage market demand before deciding.

I guess they are not receiving the feedback regarding the Death Star Trooper.

Every Star Wars Hot Toy collector I know personally wants the Death Star Trooper.

Where are they getting feedback from?

The interest in Baze was luke warm to start with but has grown over time. Anyone with Chirrut would want Baze too.

Add in the demand for troopers and anything OT from childhood *Gonk droid, and they are missing out on easy money.

Star Wars sells in high volume to people who attend neither of these conventions. They are on the other side of World for me. I cannot justify going to just point at a figure in a cabinet and say 'can I have that'.

Every Star Wars Hot Toy collector I know personally wants the Death Star Trooper.

Where are they getting feedback from?

The interest in Baze was luke warm to start with but has grown over time. Anyone with Chirrut would want Baze too.

Add in the demand for troopers and anything OT from childhood *Gonk droid, and they are missing out on easy money.

Star Wars sells in high volume to people who attend neither of these conventions. They are on the other side of World for me. I cannot justify going to just point at a figure in a cabinet and say 'can I have that'.

How can HT not make Gonk Droids?!:( Instant purchase for me.

Great news that Lando and Han are in production. I was hoping for a Lobot too though, with a light up head. That would make an amazing shelf with the Bespin Leia!

Make all 4 and put them up for sale Hot Toys!!!

Such BS. They use the con to gauge interest? In what way? How many pic tags they get on IG? :dunno

It’s not like they take polls or are on the floor engaging fans. Hell, the SIdeshow reps were barely on the floor this year. And previous years, you’d ask them questions about the likelihood of figures coming out and they had no clue.

It all boils down to what HC wants.

Yep. I think that about sums it up.

From HT standpoint, Dark Empire Luke is an excellent candidate for a show exclusive. Basically a Vader suit minus breathing apparatus ans shoulder armor, new cape and ROTJ Luke HS. Et voilà! Dark Empire Luke Skywalker.

What a bunch of bs.

Q6) Will all figures display @ show be available?
A6) HT uses SDCC & ACGHK as a platform to communicate with collectors. Will then get feedback and guage market demand before deciding.

Comic Luke most wanted?? Glad we got the Howard Chan interview from a parallel universe. I wonder when we’ll get the interview from the one in this universe? With a stupid answer like that I can see why we aren’t getting a lot of the great figures they’ve already shown.

Like Hoody has said many times I don’t know why they can’t do polls or something like the Haslab crowd funding to see what people really want. You can’t tell me the Death Star Trooper isn’t a figure that would sell well. Myself and quite a few others from what I’ve read on here would buy more than one. Plus it was one of the original Kenner figures I believe and I know a lot of collectors would buy it because of that.

Nice to hear about Han and Lando but we knew Han would come at some point. I’ll believe it when I see Lando.

Don’t get me wrong I’m glad they do a lot of different versions of the main characters but having the side and background characters is what really takes collecting these to another level for me. Even if they have to do runs in smaller numbers they really need to stick with producing stuff like the Death Star Gunner and Spacetrooper. It just makes it more fun imo.

I think some went lost in translation.
Using google translate:

Q) At this moment, what do you want to introduce and the doll you are most satisfied with?

A) Most want to launch the Luke Skywalker collector's doll, which is the comic "Dark Empire". Luke Skywalker perceives the dark side on the Coruscant planet, and is equipped with the Darth Vader element, which is quite stylish! The most satisfying thing for the time being is "Star Wars Prequel: The Black Emperor" Anakin Skywalker 1:6 ratio collector's doll, not only I like it very much, but also hear a lot of Star Wars Fans like this doll very much.

So it's Howard that somehow is fascinated by Luke being a Vader ripoff.

Q) Will all the dolls on display at the SDCC be launched?

A) Every exhibition, whether SDCC or ACGHK, is a communication platform between Hot Toys and customers. We will show some un-released role dolls, then listen to the opinions of customers and make adjustments, so now Let's take a look at the market reaction!

I like the make adjustments part...there is hope for a different Maul portrait?

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Q8 Answer: Dark Empire Luke is what Howard personally want to make, not what HTs received from fan response. Anakin is the SW figure released so far that he is most pleased with.

Empire Han and Lando.
Win!
I'd like a new chewie with C3po parts in a back sack too

Back