Interview of CEO @ Hot Toys Howard Chan new products & ACGHK Eng Subtitles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, you can skip this interview. It's a big pile of nothingness, as usual when Chan is involved. This guy is a jerk. A rich one but a jerk all the same.
Oh please. He's a businessman and answers questions as such. It's really the best approach to take rather than making empty promises or answering questions untruthfully. If he'd say: this or that is coming people would hold him to it forever and get upset if whatever it was didn't actually materialize for whatever reason (licensing, practicality to mass produce, cost, etc.). I know some here don't like that and think that all their fanboy wishlists should just be fulfilled and confirmed as happening or else they just get upset but it's not the reality to how this or any business for that matter works.

Howard's crazy. He should do "Hero vs Villain" two-packs -- reissue best version of a hero figure, like Cap, along with a complimentary villain, like Crossbones. Big price, big payday.

Reissue Ant-Man, add Yellowjacket -- sell for $399.99 - $449.99

That actually makes a ton of sense. It would piss a lot of people off, but they could make the villains only available in the 2-pack. I would buy a Starlord/Ronan 2-pack in a second.

"AT LEAST I HAVE ONE," is what he specifically told me when I asked him if they were going to release the Millennium Falcon cockpit.

Yeah. Thanks, Howard.

He also HAS ONE 66 BATMOBILE after displaying it at shows and using it as incentive and even including it on the PO pics (promising it as coming soon) to sell the 66 Batman figures. Then he left us ( the collectors who made him rich) out in the cold for years. This IMO is a form of fraud.

If you want a painful laugh, it is STILL shown on the SSC Coming Soon page.

He also HAS ONE 66 BATMOBILE after using it as incentive and even including it on the PO pics (promising it as coming soon) to sell the 66 Batman figures. Then he left us ( the collectors who made him rich) out in the cold. This IMO is a form of fraud.

Not looking to defend the guy...but in fairness HE made HIMSELF rich by creating a product that collectors wanted to buy...I definitely have not made any donations to Hot Toys(doubt anyone else did either)...got an action figure from them for every penny I spent...

Who cares? Did you sell your CUSTOM 66 Batmobile and buy the Batman and Robin figures BASED on the fact this item was coming soon? And then hear nothing for years. Sorry, I had one made and know he could have produced it for those who really wanted one and honored his commitment, his reasoning re: "production issues" were BS, he just didn't want to spend the time or effort or expense to follow through. Now "AT LEAST HE HAS ONE"

He also HAS ONE 66 BATMOBILE after displaying it at shows and using it as incentive and even including it on the PO pics (promising it as coming soon) to sell the 66 Batman figures. Then he left us ( the collectors who made him rich) out in the cold for years. This IMO is a form of fraud.

If you want a painful laugh, it is STILL shown on the SSC Coming Soon page.
:lol How is it fraud exactly? For one thing that Batmobile was a prototype shown it was never put up for pre-order. All those images shown beforehand make mention of prototype subject to change and how some things require licensor approval. The fact that you only bought the Batman and Robin because you thought the Batmobile was coming too is sort of your own problem. No one forced you to buy the figures on the basis of getting another item that wasn't even officially announced.

The fact that you only bought the Batman and Robin because you thought the Batmobile was coming too is sort of your own problem. No one forced you to buy the figures on the basis of getting another item that wasn't even officially announced.

Agreed.

People talk about "promises" in regards to these things as if they have no idea what a promise actually is.

Anyone who thinks that any business out there that they did not personally have a hand in developing owes them something is setting themselves up for disappointment...when you give them your money they owe you the product that you paid them for and that is about the extent of the relationship...if you want Batmobiles you should start a toy company, buy the license, and make that your first release.

:lol How is it fraud exactly? For one thing that Batmobile was a prototype shown it was never put up for pre-order. All those images shown beforehand make mention of prototype subject to change and how some things require licensor approval. The fact that you only bought the Batman and Robin because you thought the Batmobile was coming too is sort of your own problem. No one forced you to buy the figures on the basis of getting another item that wasn't even officially announced.

There is NO defense for Howard on this issue. How can you defend this guy who deceived so many collectors for YEARS?

The 66 Batmobile was PICTURED and FEATURED with the figures on the PO page for the figures. Robin and Batman WITH THE BATMOBILE. Anyone else get this? It was a business decision to use it to SELL the figures. It was displayed as a feature piece at several toyfairs, was promoted by HT as coming soon to go along with the figures. If it was NOT used to sell the figures with the PO for the figures, I would not call it a form of fraud. But it was.

Many bought the figures to go along with this piece. Just as many bought McFly to go along with the Delorean, as HT promised and released. BTW, HT also used the Delorean on the McFly PO page. HT left us in the dark for YEARS. The Figures stayed on the market for a long time. Then Howard quietly pulled it. Thanks a lot, buddy.

Then Adam West died.

But... "AT LEAST HE HAS ONE"

Howard the Coward, he deserves all the criticism. :lol

Last edited:
There is NO defense for Howard on this issue. How can you defend this guy who deceived so many collectors for YEARS?

The 66 Batmobile was PICTURED and FEATURED with the figures on the PO page for the figures. Robin and Batman WITH THE BATMOBILE. Anyone else get this? It was a business decision to use it to SELL the figures. It was displayed as a feature piece at several toyfairs, was promoted by HT as coming soon to go along with the figures. If it was NOT used to sell the figures with the PO for the figures, I would not call it a form of fraud. But it was.

Many bought the figures to go along with this piece. Just as many bought McFly to go along with the Delorean, as HT promised and released. At least HT didn't use the Delorean on the McFly PO page then pull that. HT left us in the dark for YEARS. The Figures stayed on the market for a long time. Then Howard quietly pulled it. Thanks a lot, buddy.

Then Adam West died.

Pretty sure he did not promise anything. We all know that nothing is going to get produced until it goes up for PO so i've never felt decived. I'm sure because the interviewers said Vulture that people are going to run with it and say he said they are making Vulture. In the past he used say more but then if he said something like "we are looking at making xyz" people would automatically say "HT IS making xyz".
So now he avoids answering questions and i can't blame him. I would have loved a 66 Batmobile but i'm kinda of whatever it's far from the most important thing in my life. I don't know what happens with licenses behind the scenes. maybe the interest was not as high as we thought, etc, etc, etc.

I'm just happy he started a company and built some cool crap that i enjoy daily and will have until the day i die.

Never meet the guy so i cannot defend him but i also cannot blame him without more information not just rumors

1/4 TDK joker lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many bought the figures to go along with this piece. Just as many bought McFly to go along with the Delorean, as HT promised and released. BTW, HT also used the Delorean on the McFly PO page. HT left us in the dark for YEARS. The Figures stayed on the market for a long time. Then Howard quietly pulled it. Thanks a lot, buddy.

Then Adam West died.

No you were never promised anything. You didn't pay for it, the page didn't say includes Batmobile. Pictured and featured means nothing. They also put other things in as background for promo pictures. Unless they actually took money from you for that item specifically and didn't deliver it there's absolutely no fraud. You basing your purchases of Batman and Robin solely off getting the Batmobile is your problem. I bought them too and they're great figures. I'd like the Batmobile as well but don't feel like I was taken by Hot Toys if they aren't delivering it.

Then Adam West died.

Adam West's death was very very sad...but what in the world does it have to do with Howard Chan...????

No you were never promised anything. You didn't pay for it, the page didn't say includes Batmobile. Pictured and featured means nothing. They also put other things in as background for promo pictures. Unless they actually took money from you for that item specifically and didn't deliver it there's absolutely no fraud. You basing your purchases of Batman and Robin solely off getting the Batmobile is your problem. I bought them too and they're great figures. I'd like the Batmobile as well but don't feel like I was taken by Hot Toys if they aren't delivering it.

Yep...if the above does not make perfect sense to you...then I just don't know...

:goodpost:

Some people seem to think that they were conned or forced into doing something, when really it was a simple voluntary transaction between buyer and seller. Simply don't give him any more of your money if you don't like him.

They teased a BvS Batmobile as well, but I didn't purchase the entire BvS line on the notion that the Batmobile was going to for sure be made.

Millienium Falcon Cockpit was also shown with the ANH figures at conventions. I think a lot of the time you need to see these vehicles as more of a show piece rather than something that is going to be made.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the problem with vehicles is that they need to be practical to manufacture. I'm sure a lot goes into the production of those types of items and if they're going to invest the cost and time to develop these pieces they need to sell them. It's different selling figures because a lot of the base parts for those are there or can be re-used whereas vehicles are one off and more costly I'd assume. Plus they take up more space in inventory so retailers want to be able to move them without having to cut prices and take a loss. I'm sure in the case of the 66 Batmobile the sales of the figures didn't help its case in getting made.

How do you expect them to think they can peddle a 60s batmobiile... robin and batman are still warming the shelves.. they were not a hot seller.

I'd have love to see it too but at the end of the day they are not going to put something out they can't make profit off of. If those guys sold like hot cakes batmobile would have been made

Back