1/6 How it is made: DETOLF TANTIVE IV service corridor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, if i get enough response, i could make, like 30 of these and offer them as optional upgrades to the diorama

I just had a thought. I could make the wider floor and the extra depth with side paths separate units, so you can decide to just go wider or wider and deeper by ordering the wider floor with or without the second floor unit which adds the depth and the side paths

I just had a thought. I could make the wider floor and the extra depth with side paths separate units, so you can decide to just go wider or wider and deeper by ordering the wider floor with or without the second floor unit which adds the depth and the side paths

I'd go wider and deeper! Always wider and deeper! :rotfl
If you go this way, try to make the connection between floor panels in the groove so it is not visible.

I'd go wider and deeper! Always wider and deeper! :rotfl
If you go this way, try to make the connection between floor panels in the groove so it is not visible.

My thoughts exactly. I'd just move the grooves so they line up with the cut

Wow my pictures got more response than I expected! My setup was in no way final as the background is just leaning at the moment.

I would definitely be interested in a wider floor. and possibly deeper as well.
I'll wait for you to work out the options.

Wow my pictures got more response than I expected! My setup was in no way final as the background is just leaning at the moment.

I would definitely be interested in a wider floor. and possibly deeper as well.
I'll wait for you to work out the options.

Your post provided excellent inspiration

Hopefully you can combine shipping with the throne room or tantive hallway to save us a few bucks.

And yes, 230mm sounds about right to me.

You're so patient with people, Joost :clap

I love mine the way it is, but I wouldn't say no to some floor upgrades with whatever you finally decide. It would be great to have them as an extra option. And yes, if you can lower cost by sending them with Throne room etc then great.

Wow thank you so much for that!! What a great message. Made my dad emotional. Anyway, now we're curious. Where did you tell your mom I develop these?

Ha! Now that I re-read my post it definitely begs the question. Probably wasn't the best sequence of words but she was amazed. She just had no idea that there was an international network of collectors that are just as interested and get enjoyment from this stuff as I do. And some of them, like you, are extremely talented and bring this hobby to another level. I do like the picture of the sub-terranian lair. I'll show her that pic and let her know that's where the 1/6 diorama magic happens.

I'm thinking of using glue on this for added stability since I'm not using a detolf. Has anyone else glued theirs? I'm wondering what kind of glue would work best.

I'm thinking of using glue on this for added stability since I'm not using a detolf. Has anyone else glued theirs? I'm wondering what kind of glue would work best.

Most glue will work fine, depending on your goal. If you really want a solid, unbreakable connection, a 2-component metal glue will work. However, if you want to be able to snap it off again, then Superglue is a nice alternative, because it has low resistance to shear forces. But since it should fit like a glove, you don't need a glue with filling properties, so again, superglue should be enough
-Joost

You could probably just as easily use blu tack under or against parts that aren't visible from the front. If it can't be seen, it will be fine, and even small blobs underneath use gravity to seat them so they will never move.
Just a thought.

I'm going to use a small hot glue gun I have - a dab or two behind each panel. Won't be as stiff/strong as composite or superglue, but enough, and may well be able to peel it off without damaging the paint.

When I get around to it, I'll update with my findings.

Received mine and had to take some pictures - awesome piece!

TantiveIVServiceCorridor-2.jpg

TantiveIVServiceCorridor-3.jpg

TantiveIVServiceCorridor-1.jpg

Back