1/6 How it is made: DETOLF TANTIVE IV service corridor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick pics. Plans are to put it in a Besta. Planning on how to display in the Besta before I take pics of it with R2 or a Stormtrooper. Some brainstorming!!!

Joost, what diameter are the pvc tubes? I ask because the tubes took a beating when I installed them. Great work my friend! Very pleased with the final results!!!

Looking good. The diameter of the pvc tubes are slightly smaller than the opening, so that they are clamped in and give some rigidity and stiffness

Some quick pics. Plans are to put it in a Besta. Planning on how to display in the Besta before I take pics of it with R2 or a Stormtrooper. Some brainstorming!!!

Joost, what diameter are the pvc tubes? I ask because the tubes took a beating when I installed them. Great work my friend! Very pleased with the final results!!!

Joost, what diameter are the pvc tubes? I ask because the tubes took a beating when I installed them.

I know what you mean. I scratched the first one I installed really badly - a deep groove :( The others went in OK.

A few pics of my setup. Not the best camera and Futzing but here you go guys.:)
20170429_214910_zpsiaqnyxuy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20170429_214516_zpsxp2pqohq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

To any of you who already have this piece- (and sorry if this has been answered before) but where are you all putting the red light to get the perfect movie look? Above or on the sides(s)? Dioder circle lights the best or the strip?
Thanks for all the help!

To any of you who already have this piece- (and sorry if this has been answered before) but where are you all putting the red light to get the perfect movie look? Above or on the sides(s)? Dioder circle lights the best or the strip?
Thanks for all the help!

I use the red Dioder strips. Two on each side. Low on the right side and high the left side placed at the same depth of Leia and R2 for the exact movie look.

23d55877cab5f104919dd6fbddb0a4fd.jpg

Sure, but you'd still need a power adapter and it'd be overkill, because you don't need that much, but then again, it'll still be cheaper than Ikea Color Dioders

I have found a 9v battery can power up to 24" of that stuff. All you need is a 9v battery connector and a switch(Or just disconnect the battery when you want to turn it off).

B06E7BC7-C314-43DA-BA0C-46AF06130610.jpg

334E5C90-FF3D-44AA-8EC4-F0989ED599CE.jpg

BE502364-CDA8-40B2-8714-8EBF7B7CFC12.jpg

Sure, but how long will a 9V battery last?

I have found a 9v battery can power up to 24" of that stuff. All you need is a 9v battery connector and a switch(Or just disconnect the battery when you want to turn it off).

B06E7BC7-C314-43DA-BA0C-46AF06130610.jpg

334E5C90-FF3D-44AA-8EC4-F0989ED599CE.jpg

BE502364-CDA8-40B2-8714-8EBF7B7CFC12.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

I cant state my love for these Diorama's enough. I wanted to try something a little different with this one then the "Leia recording her message" pose and try to get more of that "2 second shot where she stands up and faces the camera before disappearing" screen cap. I think it helps show off the figure with in the diorama. Just my two cents...have I mention I'm obsessed with these?? Great work Joost!

View attachment 342409

I cant state my love for these Diorama's enough. I wanted to try something a little different with this one then the "Leia recording her message" pose and try to get more of that "2 second shot where she stands up and faces the camera before disappearing" screen cap. I think it helps show off the figure with in the diorama. Just my two cents...have I mention I'm obsessed with these?? Great work Joost!

What a great pose!! And thanks for the kind words!!!

View attachment 342409

I'm obsessed with these as well! They add a whole new dimension to collecting. The dioramas themselves are collectibles in their own right given they are so well done and of limited production. Thanks to Joost and his Dad for all their hard work in designing and producing these amazing dioramas. You can really tell you love what you do and the end product shows. Hopefully one day you can both do this full time and not just as a hobby.

Back