House of Cards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the S5 finale spoiled by some idiot over at /tv/. Put on the first episode any way... Making Wright a producer was a mistake...

Kevin Spacey has been fired....if there ever is a final season, it won't feature Frank Underwood.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

S5 was ****, so I don't mind. Also

>thinking people will watch HoC for Claire

They do know everyone just tuned in for Spacey, right?

This show has been a pretty stinky turd ever since season 3. It should have ended when Frank Underwood finally achieved his goal of becoming President and knocked twice on the desk in the last moments of season 2. I wish I'd have just stopped watching there.

I watched seasons 3 and 4, mostly cause I was still a fan of now-outed sex offender Kevin Spacey at the time. But as the focus shifted more and more to saggy turkey necked Claire Underwood, man did the show start to suck.

Season 5 was pretty unwatchable, in my opinion. I ended up basically skimming through it which is easy to do with Netflix. The final scenes were nonsensical. Like Claire murdering her illicit lover for no apparent reason. The ridiculous suspension of disbelief that somehow the President's wife would be allowed to be his VP and then ascend to President in a matter of days or something.

So the final season just came out, and I just had to see for myself how this flaming train wreck is gonna end. Hell no am I sitting through eight hours or whatever. I skipped to the end.

Spoiler Spoiler:

My only regret is that Netflix knows I viewed at least 15 minutes of it, so now I've contributed to it's ratings. Crap. Should have torrented it instead.

I implore anyone that enjoys quality television to avoid this at all costs, unless you really enjoy seeing something so incredibly bad it's funny. I mean, it's not "The Room" quality, but you won't believe your eyes that what was once Netflix's top "prestige" drama has devolved into something so pathetic and amateurish.

Good for some lulz, I guess.

I guess Spacey shouldn't have been a disgusting pig and then he wouldn't have lost his job.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

True, I can’t condone his past actions. But I also can’t avoid the fact that without him the show is infinitely less appealing.

Though I was already 50/50 on watching it after the disappointment of S5.

Last edited:
Oh good god....you actually sat through all eight hours??

I see something like this, knowing all the dozens, even hundreds of people that worked on it, and wonder how can so many people possibly make something THIS bad? How is that even possible??

I'm pretty pissed off with how they treated

Spoiler Spoiler:

Since I'm unlikely to ever see it, I feel safe asking: Did Frank make an appearance every episode as an unanswered phone call?

No.

His audio diary was a plot device in the last few episodes but they danced around playing it.

As for the season ... oof. Yeah, don't watch it. I was in the whole "It can't be that bad" camp ... yeah, it is. The episodes aren't bad, but the ending just doesn't pay anything off.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Geez. A once promising show that went out with a whimper. What a terrible waste.

I stopped watching the second Frank became President. I learned my lesson from sticking with the Dexter train wreck... a show that's run out of ideas never comes good.

Back