Power Rangers: Once and Always (Netflix Reunion Special) - April 19th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike86

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So this is coming to Netflix and looks pretty awesome. I haven’t kept up with Power Rangers much since around Lost Galaxy, but I was a big fan as a kid.

Pretty cool that David Yost (Billy) and Walter Jones (Zack) are coming back. Unfortunately the original Red and Pink Rangers aren’t involved. Still looks like it should be a cool special.

Eh... they coulda done something to mature it a bit, the target audience for this is surely adults that grew up with it.

I mean Power Rangers is ultimately a kids franchise. I will say though it does look like it goes for the nostalgia angle while having some updates.

Also..
Spoiler Spoiler:

I mean Power Rangers is ultimately a kids franchise. I will say though it does look like it goes for the nostalgia angle while having some updates.

Also..
Spoiler Spoiler:
I know it’s a kids franchise but MMPR isn’t for kids of today. Plus people have been begging for a mature Power Rangers since forever, and it would be amazing.

I dunno, this is a bit cringe and MMPR was literally the first TV show I ever watched as a kid.

I could do with a little bit of cringe and camp every now and then. This looks like it'll fit the bill.

Had a great time with it. It’s definitely Power Rangers through and through.

Oooooooohhhhh this looks......

Cringe.

Maybe great for so bad its good binge night with buddies
It… it’s Power Rangers. These guys saved Santa Claus by beating Goldar in a snowball fight. They got baked into a giant pizza. One villain cursed Tommy to sing Opera.

I know what I’m getting.
power-rangers-turbo-were-here-to-toss-your-salad.gif

… most of the time.

I liked it a lot. I mean it’s Power Rangers so there’s the cheesy factor. Shouldn’t really surprise anyone.

It was awesome seeing Walter Jones and David Yost back. They both were great, especially Jones who still looks great. Also liked how even though they weren’t in Ranger mode both Adam and Aisha were worked in.

Definitely very cool to see the show work in the character of Trini instead of glossing over her. At the same time though Jason, Tommy, and Kimberly were missed even though they kind of faked them being there.

One nitpicky thing I thought of is why would Tommy have been the Green Ranger during the opening? When he was last on MMPR he was the White Ranger and the Dragon coin was destroyed. I don’t know all the history and if the Green Ranger was ever brought back or what.

Also I totally expected a Bulk and Skull cameo. I know they were on that billboard, but I was expecting them to show up at the end in the youth center.

Overall it was a good special. Gave me the nostalgia vibes I wanted and was a fun watch. Curious if anything more will come of this. The Minh character I could see being used in future incarnations of Power Rangers potentially.

One nitpicky thing I thought of is why would Tommy have been the Green Ranger during the opening? When he was last on MMPR he was the White Ranger and the Dragon coin was destroyed. I don’t know all the history and if the Green Ranger was ever brought back or what.
Ah! I can answer that. Tommy had an upgrade awhile back during “Ninja Steel”.

Wasn't expecting much but I enjoyed it, it wasn't great and only 2 OG rangers were in it but overall it's harmless fun for millennials who grew up watching the show. I hope there's a sequel where they bring Jason and Kimberly back as I tuned out of the show once the cast changed back in 1995.

The only thing that sucked about this special is the CG Megazord at the end, I felt like I was watching a Playstation 2 game and was bored senseless. What's wrong with men in suits?

Back