Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but for collectors, what is left to be desired, when 6 months from now they will re-release the same figure.
I don't see why a new release would take enjoyment out of your other figures unless the only reason you have them is to flip them on the secondary market. :dunno

Given the fact there are a zillion custom Ledger jokers out there, and people are paying out the wahzoo for old Bats/Jokers, the demand for these character is obviously there. Why should HT waste time on a line like Watchmen that didn't sell well initially whn they have hit an obvious gold mine with lines like Batman, IM, Pred, etc?

watchmen didnt sell so why continue a line hot toys was just wasting there money .

Given the fact there are a zillion custom Ledger jokers out there, and people are paying out the wahzoo for old Bats/Jokers, the demand for these character is obviously there. Why should HT waste time on a line like Watchmen that didn't sell well initially whn they have hit an obvious gold mine with lines like Batman, IM, Pred, etc?

By this logic HT should ONLY make Batman, Iron Man and Predators. Why do anything else when there's not as much money as the same licenses over and over and over again. :wave

Whats's the point of doing Sucker Punch with only the two girls?

By this logic HT should only make Batman, Iron Man and Predators. Why do anything else when there's not as much money as the same licenses over and over and over again. :wave

No, by this logic they shouldn't go back to the well on a line that already tanked. :lecture

By this logic HT should ONLY make Batman, Iron Man and Predators. Why do anything else when there's not as much money as the same licenses over and over and over again. :wave

Well, it's not like they're not putting a whole lot of investiment into those 3 particular licenses. Much more so than most other licenses anyway. Just count how many releases each of these licenses has had.

I don't see why a new release would take enjoyment out of your other figures unless the only reason you have them is to flip them on the secondary market. :dunno

Thats not what I meant.

watchmen didnt sell so why continue a line hot toys was just wasting there money .

I'm sure if HT made Rorschach & Nite Owl, they would of sold really well & Comedian should of came out after them, he's a great figure but looks a bit lost in my collection & Silk isn't one of HT proudest efforts.

No, by this logic they shouldn't go back to the well on a line that already tanked. :lecture

Understandable but why take risks on new licenses when they could skip Avatar and Sucker Punch and MGS and stick to the estabolished money makers.

My point is HT has horrible line completion unless that line proves to give a HUGE profit and inevitably leads to remakes and re-releases.

Instead of another Joker or MK 2 there could be new figures that people want from the same or various licenses.

I skipped the Secret Project and will skip the MK2 even though i'm an Iron Man Fan, but i wouldn't have skipped a Tony Stark Figure from the raceway, or prisoner with Rt in chest, as it's new and requested rather than a remake using the same or similar moulds of previous figures.

I'm sure if HT made Rorschach & Nite Owl, they would of sold really well & Comedian should of came out after them, he's a great figure but looks a bit lost in my collection & Silk isn't one of HT proudest efforts.

i agree they would have sold well but hot toys messed up they can still release them but the demand is not there no more.

Understandable but why take risks on new licenses when they could skip Avatar and Sucker Punch and MGS and stick to the estaboished money makers.

My point is HT has horrible line comppletion unless that line proves to give a huge profit and inevitably leads to remakes and re-releases.

Instead of another Joker or MK 2 there could be new figures that people want from the same or various licenses.

I skipped the Secret Project and will skip the MK2 even though i'm an Iron Man Fan, but i wouldn't have skipped a Tony Stark Figure from the raceway, or prisoner with Rt in chest, as it's new and requested rather than a remake using the same or similar moulds of previous figures.

For example: Why make 10 jokers and not 1 Gordon?

Back