Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The treat in question: a piece of chocolate that you plan to rub on the mouth region of the figure in a crude attempt to make it look like it's eating.

No one wants to see that, I tell you. Go back to the drawing board with your picture ideas.

The only thing that lacks the HT's sculpt was the expression he needed.

butterface.jpg

LOVE this figure. The sculpt or expression doesn't bother me at all. HT did a great job, I also like DiD's take but I'm happy with my HT Landa.

The only beef I have with the HT Landa is how tight his overcoat is when placed over the uniform.

I own both the Hot Toys and the DID Landas and I enjoy them both and have them both on display because both sport different outfits from different points in the movies.

My rankings...

HEADS: Winner; Hot Toys

HT pros: Superior sculpt, higher quality paint, better overall size,

HT Cons: bland expression, inferior likeness

DID Pros: two heads, has a better expression, better likeness overall.

DID Cons: Heads are too small, paint is inferior, he has this sort of weird mustache shadowing on his upper lip, the heads look much better when this is removed with nail polish remover.

BODY: Winner Hot Toys

Obviously... the DID body is bad but fits his outfit best. The HT is the standard TT but a bit shorter for Landa and I love the range of hands and the nice paint detail on the hands

OUTFIT: Winner DID

Pros HT: Not much... nice coat. his pipe is better than the DID version too.

Cons HT: the suit is too baggy the coat is nice but leaves stains, the biggest problem is the hat is completely inaccurate. It's molded to look like the Nazi crusher cap with the fabric patches and lack of rope around the rim but it structured to look like a formal Nazi hat and has a glossy rim, like a formal nazi hat has. Basically it's an inaccurate hybrid. I redid mine to make it a fully formal hat, not quiet accurate to any scene when he wore the colonel outfit and the coat but the hat looks good. It's also too big though.

My mod...

hans1.png

hans2p.png

DID Pros: Fully accurate outfit as it matches the premier formal outfit. all the badges are accurate and look great, The hat is completely accurate too, the hat is also not over sized, great tailoring but looks good only on the sub par DID body. elements of this outfit (hat, top and pants can be mixed with the boots and coat of the HT to create a fully accurate outfit as seen in the scene where he investigates the bar after the shootout).

DID cons: The cape and sword s inaccurate and useless but can be discarded. The white gloves are crappy, hard to get them to fold and tuck nicely in his belt like in the film, very finely pressed and folded.

Overall winner: HOT TOYS

I own both the Hot Toys and the DID Landas and I enjoy them both and have them both on display because both sport different outfits from different points in the movies.

My rankings...

DID Cons: Heads are too small, paint is inferior, he has this sort of weird mustache shadowing on his upper lip, the heads look much better when this is removed with nail polish remover.

Obviously... the DID body is bad but fits his outfit best. The HT is the standard TT but a bit shorter for Landa and I love the range of hands and the nice paint detail on the hands

Cons HT: the suit is too baggy the coat is nice but leaves stains, the biggest problem is the hat is completely inaccurate. It's molded to look like the Nazi crusher cap with the fabric patches and lack of rope around the rim but it structured to look like a formal Nazi hat and has a glossy rim, like a formal nazi hat has. Basically it's an inaccurate hybrid. I redid mine to make it a fully formal hat, not quiet accurate to any scene when he wore the colonel outfit and the coat but the hat looks good. It's also too big though.

My mod...

hans1.png

hans2p.png

DID Pros: Fully accurate outfit as it matches the premier formal outfit. all the badges are accurate and look great, The hat is completely accurate too, the hat is also not over sized, great tailoring but looks good only on the sub par DID body. elements of this outfit (hat, top and pants can be mixed with the boots and coat of the HT to create a fully accurate outfit as seen in the scene where he investigates the bar after the shootout).

DID cons: The cape and sword s inaccurate and useless but can be discarded. The white gloves are crappy, hard to get them to fold and tuck nicely in his belt like in the film, very finely pressed and folded.

Pretty much dead on. Only I would give DID a slight advantage because of the price.

I own both the Hot Toys and the DID Landas and I enjoy them both and have them both on display because both sport different outfits from different....

I own both the Hot Toys and the DID .....

My rankings...

"HT pros: Superior sculpt,(??? what do you mean?) higher quality paint(no), better overall size" (Ok)

HT Cons: bland expression,(I think is enough to be cons) inferior likeness (what do you mean????)

DID Pros: two heads, has a better expression, better likeness overall (what do you mean ???)

DID Cons: Heads are too small, paint is inferior,(really disagree) he has this sort of weird mustache shadowing on his upper lip, the heads look much better when this is removed with nail polish remover.

is better to use eraser rubber than a nail poolish remover..(have you seen mustache on mine?) I don't think the paint of the did sculpt is inferior than Ht...
(I think the only cons for the did sculpt is the small size of the head
for the rest did one is landa,I have really tried to find a good likness in the hT one but with no result...really poor hair paint,different nose and chin,mouth
The missing smirk on the Ht sculpt is not only a defect is a completely wrong likeness of the sculpt because Cris Waltz has that expression due broken jaw ...

Last edited:
I decided to try the DiD Ralf trench coat and hat on my Hot Toys Landa. I was worried about stains and marks, so I thought they might be nice replacements. I'm pretty happy with them. I just thought I'd post in case anyone else was thinking the same as me.

Hat: It fits a lot better. I haven't really futzed with it, but I think it will work.

Trench coat: The photos make it look a *little* green, but it's black. It's not as dark of a black as the HT coat, but it looks a little more realistic to my naked eye.

bhlh09.jpg

15wc411.jpg

I decided to try the DiD Ralf trench coat and hat on my Hot Toys Landa. I was worried about stains and marks, so I thought they might be nice replacements. I'm pretty happy with them. I just thought I'd post in case anyone else was thinking the same as me.

Hat: It fits a lot better. I haven't really futzed with it, but I think it will work.

Trench coat: The photos make it look a *little* green, but it's black. It's not as dark of a black as the HT coat, but it looks a little more realistic to my naked eye.

bhlh09.jpg

15wc411.jpg

:lol It definitely looks green in the pics, but I hope it is closer to black, otherwise Landa looks like he is about to go hunting for deer wearing his rain jacket.

I think his hat size was fine... but I did notice the sizes varied from figure to figure (had two in my posession once).

My rankings...

My mod...

hans1.png

hans2p.png

this a really good example of a good critique, great job sir. i own the HT version of Landa and Raine. I completely agree with what you are saying...if HT had gone with the evil smirk and non staining coat i'd be a little happier, but im still happy nontheless.

I wonder how many interesting license's HT will pursue like this in the future. it all seems to be all big budget action films and comic book movies for the most part and im glad to be able own Landa and Raine.

Back