1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this figure is sold out now on BBTS and Waitlisted at TimeWalker ...I expect that it won’t be long before it will be pretty difficult to secure this figure. I figured she would sell out quickly but wow!

Well this figure is sold out now on BBTS and Waitlisted at TimeWalker ...I expect that it won?t be long before it will be pretty difficult to secure this figure. I figured she would sell out quickly but wow!

I disagree, HT rarely sells out of figures that have a very small production run. I'm pretty certain this SW will have a decent size production due to its comic accurate look, so she'll likely be sitting around for a bit.

I disagree, HT rarely sells out of figures that have a very small production run. I'm pretty certain this SW will have a decent size production due to its comic accurate look, so she'll likely be sitting around for a bit.

You are probably right gmoney, you have been in this game a lot longer than me and know more about the intricacies of this hobby. I probably didn’t need to PO on Monday (lol)
That said I’m glad I did PO, bk now I don’t have to worry about what happens with the availability of this figure and just put it out of my mind for a while ...a long while :)

Recently the owner of Alter Ego addressed Hot Toy allocations in his newsletter.

I must have thrown that one away, but there was a follow up some weeks later where he said

A few weeks ago, I shared how we were able to get more than our usual allotment of Hot Toys figures from Sideshow.
Well, turns out that was a fluke and we're still stuck at 54 pieces per figure. You read that right, 54 total.
That's how we pre-sold out of the new Hot Toys Boba Fett Deluxe figure so quickly last week.
I'd love to be able to offer more, but my hands are tied by the powers that be.
Sometimes being a retailer feels like you're the red-headed stepchild...apologies to any actual red-headed stepchildren :)

He sold out of his (first?) allocation of Wanda the same day it went up.
There have been other figures (Thanos, X-Wing Luke) where they sold out two separate allocations and was still able to secure a third.

Sounds like it's hit or miss though.

I wish I hadn't tossed the other email as he went into a lot more detail.

Like Omega, I'm glad I didn't wring my hands over these and just ordered it straight away.
I'm sure anyone will still be able to get it from SS even after release- but with the reward points I was able to use, I'm saving quite a bit over an order with SS- and AE double boxes as well.

You are probably right gmoney, you have been in this game a lot longer than me and know more about the intricacies of this hobby. I probably didn’t need to PO on Monday (lol)
That said I’m glad I did PO, bk now I don’t have to worry about what happens with the availability of this figure and just put it out of my mind for a while ...a long while :)

Only ones that really sell out on Sideshow before they are released in HK is summer con exclusives but even that is very rare (most stick around awhile). I can't remember any regular release selling out before release. Sideshow might get (making up a random number) an order for 15,000 of these before it is released so they will get that and a thousand or two over that for people who decide to get it when it starts shipping.

Other places like BBTS, Timewalker get crumbs compared to Sideshow. That is why i never order anything right away. i might not order this for another year lol

Haha buddy, I've only been on this forum a lil over 2 years more than you. That hardly qualifies as "a lot longer," but I'll take the honor! :lol

But yeah, you're right. You have the pleasure of knowing you're locked into the purchase. So that's always nice to not worry about...hunting down figures when you underestimated the production number can give you a major headache... **cough, cough...GAMORA!!!** :panic:

Comic Concepts has her for $264.99 no tax. 1% rewards. Shipping is usually around $15 for me for past figures from them. 20% deposit though.

Yeah, if it's sold out, they will just order more. I expect they were conservative with their PO numbers, and will just reach out for more if they have sold out their allocation.
I'd be very surprised if this "sold out" status lasts more than a month, and then they will take orders again.

Sideshow limits what other retailers get, these other sellers won't be getting anymore. Sideshow wants to be the main stock.

Some of us want to avoid Sideshow due to higher price, tax, and shipping.

Sideshow limits what other retailers get, they won't be getting anymore. Sideshow wants to be the main stock.

Some of us want to avoid Sideshow due to higher price, tax, and shipping.

But you never know, if the retailers reach out to SS for more stock, SS might order more.
I could be wrong, but they might. If it stays sold out, this might be a very limited release.

But you never know, if the retailers reach out to SS for more stock, SS might order more.
I could be wrong, but they might. If it stays sold out, this might be a very limited release.

That's entirely possible. Sales to other retailers are guaranteed sales to SS, so even though the mark-up / profit margin is less vs. selling directly to us, that's product that won't sit in inventory at SS. I wonder how the HT/SS dynamic works; does HT dictate the minimum batch size SS gets, or does SS have some say in that?

They have been doing it a lot on Hot Toy new releases (maybe other stuff too). They are probably marking things up to pay for the $4 shipping
They’ve been pricing Hasbro stuff a few dollars over retail, too. I suspect they same as you: they’re marking stuff up to offset the loss from their $4 flat shipping “deal”.

They?ve been pricing Hasbro stuff a few dollars over retail, too. I suspect they same as you: they?re marking stuff up to offset the loss from their $4 flat shipping ?deal?.

It's hard not to see that the $4 flat rate shipping is a sham yet people seem to overlook it on different forums.

It's hard not to see that the $4 flat rate shipping is a sham yet people seem to overlook it on different forums.
I mean it did save a person about $15 on a Hot Toys figure until they priced themselves $15 over Sideshow to compensate.

Now ordering from Big Bad Toy Store means saving nothing and also getting your figure as late as possible.

Now ordering from Big Bad Toy Store means saving nothing and also getting your figure as late as possible.

I left them long ago but it was definitive once BBTS started to lag so many months behind Sideshow and even other retailers to get their stock. Saving $10-$15 became inconsequential when you had to wait an additional 3 months to get your figure -- this after already waiting a year and a half.

Of course, this process has begun to affect all retailers as Sideshow refuses to send stock to retailers until they attend to their own customers... which means short stacks from China can make you wait 6 moths for your figure, as we're seeing with Mando v2.

I would go to BBTS when there was no NRD and $4. Couldn't pass that up. Now with overpricing, I just say forget it and is close enough to SS price to justify just getting it through SS faster and rewards points. I don't blame BBTS, they still sell out their allotment. Not through me though! Never NRD for me until I see production photos, then that is the time to decide (excluding Comic Con exclusives of course).

They all definitely ask. I talked to one recently and he said the amount they're allowed to get from SSC still hasn't changed in several years, despite Hot Toys popularity going through the roof basically.

I mean it did save a person about $15 on a Hot Toys figure until they priced themselves $15 over Sideshow to compensate.

It's also the pile of loot feature, you have 90 days to bundle things, they were pretty good even during the pandemic, at one point they added 180 days to everything in the Pile to give people more time.

I still use BBTS a lot for cheaper items. If you don't care about having stuff Day 1 the $4 shipping is great. When I used to order Hot Toys from them I would get 3-4 Hot Toys shipped in a giant box with tons of bubble wrap.

They all definitely ask. I talked to one recently and he said the amount they're allowed to get from SSC still hasn't changed in several years, despite Hot Toys popularity going through the roof basically.

It's also the pile of loot feature, you have 90 days to bundle things, they were pretty good even during the pandemic, at one point they added 180 days to everything in the Pile to give people more time.

I still use BBTS a lot for cheaper items. If you don't care about having stuff Day 1 the $4 shipping is great. When I used to order Hot Toys from them I would get 3-4 Hot Toys shipped in a giant box with tons of bubble wrap.

Strictly speaking of 1/6 Hot Toys only, if the upcharge is $15 per regular sized HT box (not Hulkbuster or deluxe size boxes), you're paying $60 + $4 extra for 4 figures combined with BBTS. If you purchase 4 in-stock regular sized Hot Toys together from Sideshow, shipping comes out to $39.94 when I checked.

Same. They're a great place to go to stock up on MOTU Origins figures for instance especially since you can buy a full Wave of four figures for the same price as retail. If you factor in all the gas and driving you might have to otherwise do to repeatedly check Target or Walmart you can even save money by going through them. Plus they'll actually pack the figures properly unlike Walmart or Amazon.

So for items like that I like to preorder with BBTS and then if I get lucky and stumble upon those same items in a store I cancel the preorder. Sure they get theirs later but it's a nice little insurance policy to have as backup when hunting.

The only figure I've bought that pre-sold quickly on Sideshow was the New Avenger Exclusive Movie Promo Edition of Scarlet Witch. She was waitlisted within a couple of days.

That said, I've preordered now from my national retailer of such things. I've stopped by overseas now, even from Popcultcha if I can help it, due to the inflation of taxes and currency taking it's toll on my hobby.. It's the only figure I have ordered for next week, so bugger it, I'll make the money work, lol..

Back