1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would assume the reading one was some form of astral projection and the sitting one was actually her so she could study on autopilot. I can't recall, didn't Strange do that too?

Yes, Strange did that as well. Both are the real Wanda. It's just her multitasking; going about her day, while her astral projection studies the book.

Looks like this was probably based on early concept art since the headpiece is too low and it's missing those cutout sections around the neck. So I'm sure that will all be corrected for the final figure.

Looks pretty damn good otherwise though.

I am pretty sure the majority of Hot Toys are based of concept art/ early promo art. I highly doubt any of the issues/ difference will be fixed. looking at past figures like the netflix punisher that was based on promo art and the differences were not fixed for the final release.

that being said its an awesome looking figure and i like that they went with sculpted hair.

I am pretty sure the majority of Hot Toys are based of concept art/ early promo art. I highly doubt any of the issues/ difference will be fixed. looking at past figures like the netflix punisher that was based on promo art and the differences were not fixed for the final release.

that being said its an awesome looking figure and i like that they went with sculpted hair.

I see your point, and it is possible that they will not change anything about this Wanda as she does seem really cool as is. However, Hot toys did make changes to the recent Gamora figure, the production headsculpt is much better than than the prototype. Also it seems like the black “leather”’parts of her outfit are much less shiny than on the prototype. Another somewhat recent example is white Loki (Ragnarok). The prototype that appeared in shows/conventions had a brightly colored outfit as seen in early parts of the film but before production the outfit was switched to largely black and green.
My point is that they clearly do make changes to early prototypes from time to time.

Those changes may be more edicts that come from Marvel's approval process, rather than HT taking it on themselves to make any changes or improvements.

If Marvel is good to go with this as is, I'm sure that's what HT will be fine delivering.

158922958_784809309081912_2025091573456028040_n.jpg

158786536_177233357558442_7886353135571683242_n.jpg

Granted the tiara needs to be a little higher up. However since people don't want to have the figures with rooted hair it will never have that wild messy look from the show. I think that Hot Toys has done very nice with the hair mold having that wavy texture. This way having it behind her shoulders like we have scene in the show still works for the figure. Not cutting off the head articulation fully like how they did for White Suit Black Widow.

I don't know the validity of it, but the rumor mill churned out that the post credits scene with Wanda is in the mountains of Sokovia and that it's part of act I of Doctor Strange 2. So if that's true, then this costume is in the movie.

Makes sense. I haven't watched WandaVision, but seen comments on here and watched YT clips. From what it looked like, I thought Wanda would definitely be the villain, but after seeing her apology with sincerity to Rambeau, Wanda might again just be the cause of the trouble, but not necessarily the villain that is intentionally causing pain for everyone. I guess that has always been the character, a tragic figure that always leads to loss. She might just unleash carnage while trying to find her "children" in another verse. Certainly starting to think that she is going to release Pandora's box and here comes mutants/vampires with altering genes in another Blip event instead of converging verses. Focus on the future of mutants instead of the past.

Certainly starting to think that she is going to release Pandora's box and here comes mutants/vampires with altering genes in another Blip event instead of converging verses. Focus on the future of mutants instead of the past.

Honestlly that's a pretty clean way to bring those more...eccentric themes in. While granted we have talking raccoons and plenty of celestial weirdness, the more fantasy stuff is comparably more out there than what the MCU is used to. This could roll that in nicely.

I wonder if it could account for time displacement as well; it'd be a way to bring back characters from this timeline or even introduce mutants with comic-authentic backstories. Though I still am up for modernized narratives that time wise can blend with the MCU.

I'm not a great comic follower, as far as superheros go, but isn't making Scarlet Witch the villain getting a bit into the Phoenix territory?... We've done that with two X-Men movies already in the last 15 years..

I'm not a great comic follower, as far as superheros go, but isn't making Scarlet Witch the villain getting a bit into the Phoenix territory?... We've done that with two X-Men movies already in the last 15 years..

For Joe Q. Public movie goer, this is a possibly. But I've never talked with anyone who saw that last X-Men movie and my understanding is it bombed terribly. Plus, it's not a "Marvel" movie as the people consider and know them. And X3 is a more than distant memory and Jean Gray never held the place in the public's attention that Wanda now has.

My understanding from the credits scene in Wanda was that there are 2 versions of her, one existing in a new timeline where she is Scarlet Witch and toying with the universe (eventually losing control of what she?s done in DS 2) and the other living alone on the mountains of Sokovia not aware of her double which she has accidentally unleashed.
Guess we?ll find out next year.

My understanding from the credits scene in Wanda was that there are 2 versions of her, one existing in a new timeline where she is Scarlet Witch and toying with the universe (eventually losing control of what she?s done in DS 2) and the other living alone on the mountains of Sokovia not aware of her double which she has accidentally unleashed.
Guess we?ll find out next year.

Looked like she was just astral projecting.

For Joe Q. Public movie goer, this is a possibly. But I've never talked with anyone who saw that last X-Men movie and my understanding is it bombed terribly. Plus, it's not a "Marvel" movie as the people consider and know them. And X3 is a more than distant memory and Jean Gray never held the place in the public's attention that Wanda now has.

From what I remember Jean was barely a 'villain' in the movie, that was more Jessica Chastain's character.

I see your point, and it is possible that they will not change anything about this Wanda as she does seem really cool as is. However, Hot toys did make changes to the recent Gamora figure, the production headsculpt is much better than than the prototype. Also it seems like the black ?leather??parts of her outfit are much less shiny than on the prototype. Another somewhat recent example is white Loki (Ragnarok). The prototype that appeared in shows/conventions had a brightly colored outfit as seen in early parts of the film but before production the outfit was switched to largely black and green.
My point is that they clearly do make changes to early prototypes from time to time.

And they also changed Endgame Cap's outfit to be more accurate to the movie. So I think they do pay attention to those things, even if they don't always go through with making improvements.

Given how much time we have until release though, I'll be very surprised if they don't make improvements to this figure.

From what I remember Jean was barely a 'villain' in the movie, that was more Jessica Chastain's character.
I honestly can't remember. I fell asleep during the movie and have never rewatched it lol

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Why does BBTS have this for $289.99, but Sideshow has the price at $275? Doesn't Sideshow usually have the highest price, and BBTS would have the same, maybe lower? I can understand if there are 2 versions, a standard and deluxe. But there is one version only as far as I know.

Why does BBTS have this for $289.99, but Sideshow has the price at $275? Doesn't Sideshow usually have the highest price, and BBTS would have the same, maybe lower? I can understand if there are 2 versions, a standard and deluxe. But there is one version only as far as I know.

They have been doing it a lot on Hot Toy new releases (maybe other stuff too). They are probably marking things up to pay for the $4 shipping

They all buy their stock from SS, so it’s not hard to believe they have to have a higher price. In the past, if they have a lower price, they must just be cutting down their margin. But as more and more figures flounder and stagnate in stock, they must be adding a bit on top in case they get stuck with stock.

Back