1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno guys, I'm usually in the camp of saying people are overly critical of likenesses....but I struggle to see how this is the perfect rendition of the Scarlet Witch we saw:

witch.jpg

IMO the hair is wrong, the crown is wrong, the face is off, and even the body choice doesn't suit Olsen's frame. Plus the arm seams really cheapen it and make it look like a Barbie doll. I guess in 2021 we still haven't figured out how to do seamless bodies?

I'd need to see more real life photos before jumping on this...and I really want to love it.

You're right, the Hot Toys version is off.....and I think it's better! I don't need 100% accurate, I need 100% better and this does it for me. Purchase!

In fact, this is the best Scarlet Witch rendition I've seen (comics included). This is the first time she's actually looked cool while still being able to maintain the look of the character.

Vision on the other hand....:thud:

So, HT toys includes :

One (1) red-colored hooded cape with patterns (embedded bendable wire)

Yet, due to her sculpted hair, there is no way to actually be able to use the hood and cover her head... :lol

She should've come with an alternate head sculpt like the Marvel Select 7" figure. Or at the least interchangeable hair.

Marvel-Select-WandaVision-Scarlet-Witch.jpg

$30 two heads.... $275 sorry..

Ordered this at Timewalker the second it went up, since it'll probably be gone within the hour.

And the shoulder seams don't bother me at all, but I do hope they change the hairstyle. The current hair is gorgeous, but the one she had on the show just seems to fit the look and outfit a lot better I think.

I dunno guys, I'm usually in the camp of saying people are overly critical of likenesses....but I struggle to see how this is the perfect rendition of the Scarlet Witch we saw:

witch.jpg

IMO the hair is wrong, the crown is wrong, the face is off, and even the body choice doesn't suit Olsen's frame. Plus the arm seams really cheapen it and make it look like a Barbie doll. I guess in 2021 we still haven't figured out how to do seamless bodies?

I'd need to see more real life photos before jumping on this...and I really want to love it.

Looks like the top half of the outfit needs to be darker as well. That overall darker look is a lot of what made her really stand out and seem so badass in the episode.

*Shrug* first look thought they had both "prettified" and de-aged an actress who doesn't need it. Other photos look better - but...

am happy with my Ultron and CW Wandas, and this has So. Much. Plastic. Plastic hair.

Gonna wait, if I buy at all $$$$$:horror Besides, SW is supposed to be in next Doctor Strange movie.

Looks like the top half of the outfit needs to be darker as well. That overall darker look is a lot of what made it seem so surprising and badass in the episode.

IDK, I think the top half colors look fine. I'm sure the differences in lighting is coming into play. She is the SCARLET Witch after all - let's not stray too far from red. :wink1:

I know everyone is bummed about the price, but Vision is actually the perfect example to explain inflation to people.

Vision was $220 in 2014.

$220 in 2014 is equal to $243.09 in 2021, so the actual price hike is only about $7. Blame your employer or government for not keeping wages in line with inflation, but it's hard to blame Hot Toys for it. :lecture

Had a coupon code for $25 off, which makes the price closer to what it should be. Pre-ordered and will likely do the same for Vision once another coupon code comes my way.

I know everyone is bummed about the price, but Vision is actually the perfect example to explain inflation to people.

Vision was $220 in 2014.

$220 in 2014 is equal to $243.09 in 2021, so the actual price hike is only about $7. Blame your employer or government for not keeping wages in line with inflation, but it's hard to blame Hot Toys for it. :lecture

AoU Vision actually went up for order in May 2015, so a bit more of a price hike than $7. But point taken.

I normally wait when figures are this far out from release, but had a couple of coupons so just went ahead and ordered this and Vision. They look great, wont regret having these on the shelf.

Those shoulder seams could easily be concealed with a separate hairsculpt. That's not asking much for $289 :dunno
wandavision-finale-scarlet-witch.jpg

Had a coupon code for $25 off, which makes the price closer to what it should be. Pre-ordered and will likely do the same for Vision once another coupon code comes my way.

Sideshow knows me too well. I got a coupon code immediately after my Scarlet Witch order was placed...so now I've preordered Vision as well. I think upgrading from my AoU Vision makes sense as the cape and body both look better. We'll see about the Production head...

$4 shipping plus double boxing.

Sideshow is my last resort but BBTS hiked the price by $15. So you're not really paying just $4 for shipping. Both charge tax so the incentive that comes from either is a double boxing or rewards points and receiving it earlier. I think you benefit more from early receipt plus rewards points rather than just an extra box.

Back