Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's practically guaranteed that it will have working lights. If they can put LEDs on the Tumbler, Batpod, and figures like Iron Man, and DX Batman, they will absolutely put lights on this.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I think people are looking for excuses to ____ on this thing. Specs haven't even been released for it.

$950 and I think I'd be out... I wants it bad; but there has to be a reasonable limit and that is past it for me.

But I'll wait and see what the official word is; I have a feeling even HT might not know the price yet as this is still in development.

$950 and I'm out too. I can set up all my 1/6 Batman figures around my $45 1:18 Hot Wheels Batmobile and be just fine.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I think people are looking for excuses to ____ on this thing. Specs haven't even been released for it.

You know what I love the most... a Sideshow rep comes on here gives the information about the Batman figure for August but people wont take their word, yet they'll believe some unknown person for the price of this car.

It's sad too many will believe a complete stranger over a big shop and make it like it's written in stone. Yet some wonder why the opportunists take them for a ride here at times. What a place.

$950 is outrageous...the tumbler cost between $400 and $500 when it came out, so this should be about the same

if this cost $450, i'd have to think about getting it, but at $950, it's just waste of $$$

Originally Posted by GrenadierStinny
Don't know if it's been mention, and I don't have time to read to find out because I'm exhausted from the show, but the Iron Monger will retail for 450.00 and the Batmobile will be 950.00

Goodnight!!

Who is this guy? Is he reputable? It's like he did a drive-by post with no explanation, threw this number out there, and now we're all discussing it for pages and pages.

I'm not saying he's lying, I'd just like to know the source on that number.

This is how rumours get started.

:slap

Yup, sorry:
1. Batmobile 2. Avatar 3. Iron Man "suit up" dio 4. Iron Monger.

All overpriced, well at least a lot more expensive than we have become used to. Tron Cycle was $299 right? How can they possibly justify these prices then?
:(

Damn, if it keeps this way I'm gonna have to quit this hobby (and to think I just started it collecting). I rather spend the $1000 dollars in something like the War Machine LIFE SIZE (yep) bust than in the Batmobile. I really think there is no excuse for this not to be the same price as the Tumbler. Oh well, it's all dictated by demand I guess. They know many people will still buy it... this entire line has been hyped since the beginning.

$950 and I'm out too. I can set up all my 1/6 Batman figures around my $45 1:18 Hot Wheels Batmobile and be just fine.

I'll have to buy one of those if this is $950 :lol

I have to say that if this price is accurate its pretty far out of line with anything they have done before. Even 2K for a 1/2 scale statue has some precendent with Sideshow. But I can't think of anything from HT that has retailed for over $500 (before the Gantry IM combo that is).

This Hot Toys Batmobile is a dream comes true !!!! Must have for me... The release will be maybe in one year so we have time to keep money for this batmobile...

Remember back in 2008/2009 Hot Toys under priced the Tumbler by accident. They even admitted how much of a loss they had with the Tumbler and how the MSRP should have been more.

$950 is a bit much but I think expecting $300-$499 is unrealistic. If this has the electronic components as the Tumbler did (and c'mon, why wouldn't it?) then I expect it to be $500-$800. I'm fine with anything between that.

If it is more than $800. regrettably I'm going to have to rethink it and not pursue it. Even though it is a grail of mine, I have limits.

Lets wait and see what happens though first. This sucker doesn't even have pics/specs yet. Too early for a price.

Rumors aren't going to affect the actual price.

Maybe, maybe not. But if Hot Toys does in fact "keep an ear to the street" and has some knowledge of fan rumblings (and why wouldn't they?), and they hear that fans are expecting this to cost a few hundred dollars more than what they originally were going to set it at, they might offer it at the jacked up price. Or as some already mentioned, a lower price than that, but still higher than originally intended...so the customers that were expecting the ridiculously high price assume they are getting a deal, when in reality they are just getting a slightly smaller markup.

It's like going to a job interview and the interviewer asks about salary requirements. The (not too wise) interviewee lays out a number, say $50k, meanwhile the interviewer is silently thinking "whew, we budgeted $65k for this position".

That's probably why they haven't officially revealed the pricing yet. They are trying to gauge what people are willing to pay and now that they know $950 is too high they might adjust their pricing a bit, I would hope.

Maybe, maybe not. But if Hot Toys does in fact "keep an ear to the street" and has some knowledge of fan rumblings (and why wouldn't they?)

Fans are not their concern.

Customers are their concern.

They want buyers. The gawkers can gawk & talk (i.e. these boards).

And after getting burned on the Tumbler release, they're not gonna knock down the price because a "fan" doesn't have bankroll.

"If you have to ask the price, then you probably can't afford it."

:wink1:

Ferrari's don't come with glue slaggered all over the inside of the glass or faulty lighting, certainly not scuff marks and everything certainly is 99.9% perfection.

I think it's unreasonable for anyone to expect that they would offer this Batmobile at the same price point or less than the Tumbler. There's no way it would come out at $300-450. On the other hand, they should also be smart enough to realize that at $950 or anywhere near that ballpark it's going to be a tough sell to most of their customer base. Best move would be for them to price it at $599-699. Anything beyond that and they probably won't have a huge seller on their hands IMHO.

Yeah and we're still in a worldwide recession. People aren't spending the same. Nowhere what they were in 2008/09. Things have become so much tighter.

Fans are not their concern.

Customers are their concern.

They want buyers. The gawkers can gawk & talk (i.e. these boards).

And after getting burned on the Tumbler release, they're not gonna knock down the price because a "fan" doesn't have bankroll.

Fine, fans/customers/buyers...whatever you want to call them or however you want to split hairs to differentiate them, my point remains. I am sure there are millions more fans of the Batman movies and of this particular Batmobile, that just can't come close to affording it. But the people on these boards are among the people that can and do spend ~$150+ per figure for the stuff they like. If Hot Toys is paying attention to these price discussions, they know that these aren't mere fans without any purchasing power for high end collectibles. They know that this is a discussion among customers, and potential buyers. Therefore, I would argue, getting an idea of what potential buyers would and would not be willing to pay is very interesting information for Hot Toys indeed, and yes, it can affect the final retail price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back