Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$950...GTFO.

They can keep it. I don't care how good it looks.

:lecture:lecture:lecture That's a bit much for what is essentially an accessory for Batman. I'd be really surprised if that's the actual price. But if it is, and people still buy, HT'll lose out anyway because that's 4-5 more HT figures people could've bought and be passing on to cover the Batmobile.

HT is first and foremost a business. I would think they are smart enough to realize that at $950, they would maybe sell 500 pieces. At $499, I bet they would sell at least 1500 to 2000. They are going to price themselves out of their core demographic if they aren't careful. Granted, there's no official word yet on the price and I'm guessing that the $950 rumor is internet trolling at its finest TBO.

eeeeehhh. I'd really want those features to be honest. Well not the shield thing, I have no idea how they could do that anyway. But the pop-up machines guns and lights are important at the least - otherwise this thing just won't seem like a high-end piece.

I think the machine gun feature is essential for this, and being a Hot Toys, the light up feature is expected considering they do it with Iron Man. Turning wheels are important for posing. I doubt there will be sounds, and I don't care about the shields. I want light up lights, jet exhaust, small lights in the gun barrels that flash would be nice, as well as a light up instrument cluster.

I want all those things too, but if getting them means $950 and not getting them $300. I'll take my losses..

I wonder how many Batmobiles cinemaquette sold at $2k....if it's a good bit, then there's no reason why HT can't sell them at half that.

Well and the fact that this one seems to be compromised in size - still not convinced it's long enough

It's not, and its too deep in the middle (to hold figures probably) and the back end is too boxy.

It reminds me of when you got old Star Wars vehicles that had been given new dimensions and add ons to fit in the figures. They never looked right.

Well and the fact that this one seems to be compromised in size - still not convinced it's long enough

yah thats my concern too, the scale doesnt seem right but its hard to tell.

im not an 89 Collector, but i would be interested maybe if its $500 or less....

i havent seen too many sales of a Tumbler on eBay for over $1000. thats usually about the max. looking back to last weeks sales the high was $1000, and the low was $900 for ACTUAL SALES. some listed more than $1300 didnt sell....

Not thrilled about the rumored price but I will still be getting this.

Pitu should have taken some measuring tape back there with him! But instead he was too busy giggling to himself over the piece :)

True, but the HT one is actually in scale with our figures at the (current) expense of working lights.

So, the HT isn't going to have working lights? I find it hard to believe they would put lights on the Tumbler but not on the '89 Batmobile.

So, the HT isn't going to have working lights? I find it hard to believe they would put lights on the Tumbler but not on the '89 Batmobile.

I think it's practically guaranteed that it will have working lights. If they can put LEDs on the Tumbler, Batpod, and figures like Iron Man, and DX Batman, they will absolutely put lights on this.

Pitu should have taken some measuring tape back there with him! But instead he was too busy giggling to himself over the piece :)

Yes, that was lame. More like attention seeking and flapping his arms near enough acting like a 10 year old on Christmas morning.

Switch on a light and they'll do anything for a camera. ¬_¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back