Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

____ sake some people here have a hard time understanding not every collector is viewing the pics of this sculpt through one collective eyeball.

O.P.I.N.I.O.N.S. We all have them.

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Lt. Jim Gordon S.W.A.T suit version Figure - Specs & Pic

Holy cow, people are nitpicking this one too?
:lol!!!
TDK fanboys know no boundaries!!

Im an equal opportunity nitpicker. I didn't hear people whining when folks started critiquing the Thor sculpt.

Where's the line drawn?

This will most likely be HT only Gordon ever.

Some of you guys might remembers me being the one who hinted at a HT Gordon a few weeks back.

The same source told me that since Gordon is such a niche character and it might not sell very well as a main release, hence HT decide to release it as an exclusive. Those who really wants it will get it and the casual fans will not care since it is not the main character.

Notice how all three exclusive are really characters or versions of characters that most people can live without put a must for the hardcore fans?

Also, most importantly, HT have heard your complains. At least it is not another Predator variant or Ironman repaint.

Well, you wouldn't want to do a pose unless it accurately recreates a scene in a movie, right? Otherwise that would be sane!

If we werent perfectionists we'd buy DCD figures instead.©
-

Scarecrow, Demon Bats, and Gordon. One of these no one ever asked for. :lol

But for US, SS will normally have the attendees of SDCC and non attendees right? The Batman Begins Bruce wayne didnt make it for the SDCC, that's why it was up for PO - just like the Sarah Connor T1000 exclusive.

Ah, then I hope these don't miss SDCC like Bats and Sarah

I personally like reading what everyone has to say.

I mean this is a forum; it's what people are supposed to do here.

If I cared or it bothers me what people have to say I can either ignore it and keep reading, respond or if all else fails, just stay out of the thread completely.

It was a deleted scene. After Gordon cuffs the Joker, he sees the Batpod, climbs on and starts doing flips off the walls like Batman did that time. Batman looks on, laughing heartily while Joker grumbles to himself.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl Damn, I'm imagining it, and are LOL while I'm typing this :rotfl

____ sake some people here have a hard time understanding not every collector is viewing the pics of this sculpt through one collective eyeball.

:rotfl It is a hard lesson for some to learn. That and what is acceptable for one isn't acceptable for all.

Anyway, I am on the side of this being an awesome most own collectible.

It was a deleted scene. After Gordon cuffs the Joker, he sees the Batpod, climbs on and starts doing flips off the walls like Batman did that time. Batman looks on, laughing heartily while Joker grumbles to himself.

Epic! :clap

:lecture

I do agree...but I must say that I feel, at times, the main customizers on this board try to force what they see as inaccuracies upon those of us who feel that the product is good as is.

either way as I've said a few times...if it makes a better figure then it's whatever

there are times when complaints have made things worse however... Prince Dastan comes time mind

Agreed. It is a great figure.

Just frustrating to see people posting things as in they are fact! I think, as collectors, there are many times when we are almost in unison that a sculpt is PERFECT. However, when one divides as many people as this one, it is obvious there must be certain aspects that are 'off'. These appear to be extremely minor, as most people are overjoyed with it but these aspects are undeniably there for many.

Rant over.

One thing is for sure, hot toys have REALLY upped their game with this dark knight rises series so far... The detail is astounding...

I think the straight-on portrait shot works as-is, but when you start turning the head in any direction, it loses the Gary. This figure I like. I will try hunt down the sculpt alone, but I'm sure it'll be hiked up to ridiculous prices on eBay.

It's hard to tell, but did you change the hairline as well, Neo? Not sure what difference that makes. I like the added wrinkles around his mouth though.

So let's see:
-larger glasses
-rounder and accurate colored eyes
-deeper wrinkles
-different hairline
-adjusted moustache and mouth positions
-elongated jaw?

I definitely prefer Neo's modded sculpt, but if it's already in production, they got damn close. The bottom line is that nothing's ever going to be 100%. If they have time to fix things, no matter how miniscule, and people are helping to point them out, then they should try to get it as close to 100%. However, in a case like this, where the character may very well be all boxed up and ready to ship, then they did a damn fine job.

One thing is for sure, hot toys have REALLY upped their game with this dark knight rises series so far... The detail is astounding...

It's crazy. This figure makes me want a Two-Face 2.0, his sculpt will look terrible compared to what Hot Toys has coming out.

I do agree...but I must say that I feel, at times, the main customizers on this board try to force what they see as inaccuracies upon those of us who feel that the product is good as is.

I wouldn't put that label on just customizers. Others here believe their opinion is gold and combat anyone with a different thought.

The truth being I don't care what anyone else thinks. I buy / pass what I want no one persuades my purchase therefore, opinions don't bother me. Too bad people think their opinions matter more than they truly do...

I agree about Dastan. I wanted to like the figure but sold it (perhaps HT will make a Dx version :rotfl)

Another HOME RUN for HT- they are going all out for Batman.....

Back