Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm okay with this not being diecast. I want to pose him flying next to Stealth Cap.

Keep all the main armors diecast though. :D

Wow that was quick, and its already had a round or 2 of waitlist > available to order > waitlist > available to order (rinse, repeat) which we could assume it wont come back to regular release on SS.

I saw one or two UK retailers post photos up of this yesterday, what do you longer standing collectors from the UK think the likely hood of the likes of Toy HQ or Collectibles Direct getting this are?

If I don't get one least it means I will have £250 (at the very least) to look into putting into something else, maybe that Coulson I have been considering for the last year!

Just saw the price on this, people really buying it?? :horror

Yes. And given the last two grey/gunmetal repaints are going for 500-1500 you should not be surprised. Also, there have been 5 regular release hot toys for 400 or more recently so not sure why you are surprised.

I usually don't comment but when i first started collecting 5 years ago ironman was the priciest at $160 to $200 apiece. I said no frigging way am i paying that much for a toy when starwars figures where below $140. I missed out on mark 7, milk warmachine, and stealth. now you cant find them for anywhere near their release price. So i say if you like the design. Go for it. better than $600 later. I just started collecting ironman this year and was about to use my $50 sideshow credit for starboost as i like non tradtional armor then this popped up. I love black chrome. 4 ironman suits and counting.

i said the same thimg a year ago and now I'm at 20 IM suits and I just ordered this guy as well :(

I almost successfully quitted HT and my last purchase was the 89 Batmobile. But I knew I am in trouble when I saw this stealth version. I struggle for awhile and placed an order just before it cut off preordering.

Just saw the price on this, people really buying it?? :horror

I have MKVII, BDMKVII, and Midas already.
I would have been tempted to order this at $250. But not at the price they set for it.
It's all good if it went to waitlist. It shows there is a market for repaints with no extra parts at far higher prices.
And if HT knows one thing, it's how to charge a lot more for something they already made money on, and including less parts.

I'm okay with this not being diecast. I want to pose him flying next to Stealth Cap.

Keep all the main armors diecast though. :D

Once you go diecast you don't go back.

Good luck with your models. Won't be getting one.

There is ALWAYS exclusives. This won't be the last. I'd just rather a exclusive die cast iron man.

Once you go diecast you don't go back.

Good luck with your models. Won't be getting one.

There is ALWAYS exclusives. This won't be the last. I'd just rather a exclusive die cast iron man.

I felt that way when I bought my Diecast Iron Patriot but I got over it and realized diecast isn't the end all, be all. At the end of the day, if I like the suit, I'm willing to buy it.

I notice a lot of people are saying it's their first iron man. It's an amazing suit but it's not even in the movies. Oh and how's Midas and BD MKVII doing? Those prices aren't as high as most would hope. Barely selling for half over MSRP now. We'll see how this does next year. Good luck to all who are getting this. Next iron man movie promo will be $450 and people will still buy because it'll be their first armor or scalp. Hard to be an IM collector these days.

I have MKVII, BDMKVII, and Midas already.
I would have been tempted to order this at $250. But not at the price they set for it.
It's all good if it went to waitlist. It shows there is a market for repaints with no extra parts at far higher prices.
And if HT knows one thing, it's how to charge a lot more for something they already made money on, and including less parts.

Not to mention the lack of a headsculpt! No R&D apart from the new paint app. It's crazy to ask for $90 more. Yet more the fool me for buying it.

I envy Hot Toys and Sideshow, i really do. It's a license to print money.

As time passes EVERYTHING goes up in price, rent increases, a gallon of milk increases, gas increases, literally everything becomes more expensive, YA really can't be this naive...collecting these toys is a novelty, not a nessesity...don't like the prices, the solution is pretty simple....least is something you don't need and HAVE to deal with the price hike unlike something like rent or gas.

I felt that way when I bought my Diecast Iron Patriot but I got over it and realized diecast isn't the end all, be all. At the end of the day, if I like the suit, I'm willing to buy it.

Considering that this is similar price to a die cast MK3 I would disagree. It's an exclusive, so what? Many more will come. Die cast oozes quality over the plastics. If it was $200 I would agree with you.

Let me ask you all this, if this WASN'T an exclusive, do you think it is worth it? Just because they slapped the word exclusive?

These should be thought about if it was just a normal IM, not just because its an "exclusive" which it isn't really, they would do a few 1000's of these.

I notice a lot of people are saying it's their first iron man. It's an amazing suit but it's not even in the movies. Oh and how's Midas and BD MKVII doing? Those prices aren't as high as most would hope. Barely selling for half over MSRP now. We'll see how this does next year. Good luck to all who are getting this. Next iron man movie promo will be $450 and people will still buy because it'll be their first armor or scalp. Hard to be an IM collector these days.

+1

The hunger is real. I can see the temptation - I was tempted to go on the waitlist but I only want it because it will be rare. I'm not an IM collector and I have noplace for it so I'd rather it went to someone who really wants it. It will inevitably end up with scalpers though.

I'll probably cancel this and beg SSC to put my NRD on to something else . Need to see budget Starks video to be sure .

Well, it may not be in the movies, but it is the best non-movie concept they have ever released.
Midas was meh... And battle damaged Mark VII was not good in terms of quality. He felt like they used
Cheaper plastic and almost had a hollow feel to him compared to the regular Mark VIi.

I think this one will be riding alongside Gunmetal and Secret Project. My only wish is that they
Had given a Tony head sculpt with this one. Would have made him perfect.

As time passes EVERYTHING goes up in price, rent increases, a gallon of milk increases, gas increases, literally everything becomes more expensive, YA really can't be this naive...collecting these toys is a novelty, not a nessesity...don't like the prices, the solution is pretty simple....least is something you don't need and HAVE to deal with the price hike unlike something like rent or gas.

:goodpost:

Back