Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, just got round to opening this up and the base has a stand that is meant to screw into the base. But it doesn't work. The screw head on the stand does not thread into the base. i recall this being a problem but are all batches affected is there a fix please?

Hi everyone, just got round to opening this up and the base has a stand that is meant to screw into the base. But it doesn't work. The screw head on the stand does not thread into the base. i recall this being a problem but are all batches affected is there a fix please?

When attempting to screw in mine, it left a round mark at the opening on the paper cover to the base. I used razor blade to cut the paper along that ring and trim the excess rubber off the end of the pole. That gave just enough depth for the threads on the pole to catch into the base. You'll need to hold the base in one hand and press firmly from the bottom as you use the other hand to push the pole in. Use force and twist. That'll get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When attempting to screw in mine, it left a round mark at the opening on the paper cover to the base. I used razor blade to cut the paper along that ring and trim the excess rubber off the end of the pole. That gave just enough depth for the threads on the pole to catch into the base. You'll need to hold the base in one hand and press firmly from the bottom as you use the other hand to push the pole in. Use force and twist. That'll get it done.

I had the same issue. Although it may not seem thick enough to make a difference it is the cardboard like insert on the base. Just take a knife and cut around the hole and you should be good to get it to catch on the threads.

Back