Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact this comes with a dynamic stand helps a little with the price hike. Just hope they don't double the shipping like they do on some figures where its $20 in the states.

As time passes EVERYTHING goes up in price, rent increases, a gallon of milk increases, gas increases, literally everything becomes more expensive, YA really can't be this naive...collecting these toys is a novelty, not a nessesity...don't like the prices, the solution is pretty simple....least is something you don't need and HAVE to deal with the price hike unlike something like rent or gas.

Sorry. Not a $90 hike, lol.
Not with oil prices at a low point.

Oh god. It's black, transparent, has some fantastic graphic design on it and it's an Iron Man - all my fetishes in one neat package, and they fixed the faceplate too.

Is this thing available to UK customers from Sideshow?

Once you go diecast you don't go back.

Good luck with your models. Won't be getting one.

There is ALWAYS exclusives. This won't be the last. I'd just rather a exclusive die cast iron man.

Models? :lol

Nothing wrong with a plastic armor. Keeps the weight down so you can actually pose in flying positions, unlike diecast armors. I love my Mark 42, but diecast isn't everything with these.

One day I hope to have Mark 1-7 in diecast, though. Cross one out so far! (Mark III)

Thhe term in economics is called the Ratchet Effect- over time, everything goes up in costs. Although oil is cheaper now, it will go up again. And over time the price will be higher than what is was.

I love these re-designs, which is funny cause I wasn't too excited and haven't bought any of of the IM3 figs. The price is high but I don't mind paying for something that looks cool!

for it to go on waitlist so fast they probably didn't make that many. I remember secret project took some days to go on waitlist?

I'd hope to think that people do realize how things increase in time due to inflation, but these prices are getting out of control. Most things gradually increase in price, not radical jumps like Hot toys has been doing. And when all your doing is retooling a figure with a new paint app it should be the same price. They don't even add accessories, they eliminate stuff, or make the same stand but take out the LED features, and then charge more. If I went to my favorite restaurant and found they increased their prices while at the same time giving smaller portions I'd have a problem with that and perhaps not go back. People eat this stuff up. Because it's popular now Hot Toys is taking advantage of the collector, and scalpers jump in to make profits. Everyone see those 3 huge lifesize Hulkbuster props Hot Toys made for their shows?? How do you think those get paid for?? And how much to transport them?? By us. We fit the bill because we want more!! This is how a lot of fads eventually get ruined. Prices get ridiculous, people get burned out and lose interest, scalpers stop buying due to inability to profit so product sits, then only the true collector gets screwed.

I'm not one to stick up for collectible companies because they are out to make money. But, Hot Toys prices aren't as crazy as you think they are. Iron Man stuff has always been popular and they will continue to increase those prices as long as they sell.

When I bought my HT DX01 Joker in 2009, he was $159. The newest releases (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Obi-Wan, etc) are $220.00. That is an increase of $61 over 6 years. That's not bad in my eyes.

Figures like this IM with decals, translucent parts, extra paint, is going to be in demand and generate a higher cost.

Honestly, there are companies out there whose prices are close to HT and they have crap quality with bad paint apps and horrible bodies that are broken on arrival. I don't mind splurging on a figure like this once in awhile. When all of HT's 1/6 figures are $340, then maybe I will reconsider my purchases

I'm not one to stick up for collectible companies because they are out to make money. But, Hot Toys prices aren't as crazy as you think they are. Iron Man stuff has always been popular and they will continue to increase those prices as long as they sell.

When I bought my HT DX01 Joker in 2009, he was $159. The newest releases (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Obi-Wan, etc) are $220.00. That is an increase of $61 over 6 years. That's not bad in my eyes.

Figures like this IM with decals, translucent parts, extra paint, is going to be in demand and generate a higher cost.

Honestly, there are companies out there whose prices are close to HT and they have crap quality with bad paint apps and horrible bodies that are broken on arrival. I don't mind splurging on a figure like this once in awhile. When all of HT's 1/6 figures are $340, then maybe I will reconsider my purchases

No one is denying inflation. Look at the recent exclusives less than 6 months ago and they still weren't this pricey. It's the people that are going crazy over this and buying it that are cashing it inflate this fast. From here on out enjoy paying $340 for every IM release lol.

No one is denying inflation. Look at the recent exclusives less than 6 months ago and they still weren't this pricey. It's the people that are going crazy over this and buying it that are cashing it inflate this fast. From here on out enjoy paying $340 for every IM release lol.

It stinks but there are many reasons as we exhaustively discuss like we are CNN Money economists. I enjoy and support the line. It supports other endeavors HT wants to do. Everyone involved has to get their portion of the profits. I know people want to paint HT the sole villain, but Hell isn't only occupied by the devil!

This was waitlisted in 4 hours, clearly collectors don't care it it's $340. HT and SSC know what they can get for these promotional figures, especially with Iron Man, as it sells so well in Asia and everywhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back