Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remeber paying $165 for war machine.

All they really keep doing is testing the waters. When something sells out at $340, it tells you whats on the horizon. Im just so glad im on the exit side of this rather than starting. I feel for guys just getting into 1/6. Or if youre like 24 with student debt with an entry job.

I remeber paying $165 for war machine.

All they really keep doing is testing the waters. When something sells out at $340, it tells you whats on the horizon. Im just so glad im on the exit side of this rather than starting. I feel for guys just getting into 1/6. Or if youre like 24 with student debt with an entry job.

Try 19 and in college :lecture

Here are grips with this figure, forgetting the price for a moment. They say its a limited edition but don't list an edition size. Also the fact that these are scheduled to release until Nov-Dec, meaning that these figures haven't even been made yet, again leading me to question the "limited" part of them. This figure has no justification to warrant a $340 price tag. The BD Mark VII was a limited run of 3000, cost $40 less and came with a hell of a lot more. But what turns out to be more shocking to me than the price is the willingness of buyers to go after a $340 repaint but claim that $300 diecast figures are overpriced. I'm at a lost over the popularity of this figure.

I'm at a lost over the popularity of this figure.
g8mh3J9.jpg

Mark VII BD was not limited to 3000. They never gave a number and have given an edition size since the Mark VI Movie Promo figure.

The only reason why TH is making so many IM because Iron Man is hot right now. In 5-10 years from now they won't be so hot and prices will drop . Just a guess.

I gotta say it's getting a bit ridiculous. I like Iron Man, not a fanatic or need to collect every version of Iron Man but I am not knocking anyone who does. The thing I don't get though is #1 constantly hiking the price with no real reason that I can see. Its not a new design, its not loaded with accessories etc, so what the heck. Its basically a repaint of the Mark VII mold. Seriously $340 for a repaint???

This is why I passed on the Mark 43 cause its nothing but a reverse paint scheme of Mark 42 which I have.

The suits used to have a signature design about them, the Mark II all chrome, the Mark IV slight mods to the over all design, the Mark VI slight design mod and triangular arc reactor chest. Different enough to make even an non completest say I gotta have that. Now it almost seems insulting that they just repaint the same thing over and over like they are saying "these suckers will buy anything". Like the Hot Rod edition aka Iron Patriot with different color scheme, etc.

It just seems like laziness on the design team to come up with a new twist on the suit.

I have this preordered but the paint on this better be EXTRAORDINARILY GOOD and unique or I'm dropping this like a bad habit . Hot toys must be smoking crack if they keep these price hikes.

I have this preordered but the paint on this better be EXTRAORDINARILY GOOD and unique or I'm dropping this like a bad habit . Hot toys must be smoking crack if they keep these price hikes.

Hot Toys is the Nike of the toy/collectible industry. I used to buy all kinds of LeBron shoes, and they would get higher and higher each year, and still are! I think the last pair I got a couple years back were $260.. lol. To put that into perspective, the first pair I got right when he got to the Miami Heat, were $160.

Everything rises.

Passed. Have the MK VII. Good enough for me. The prices are ridiculous. Passed on the MK 43 as well. Maybe order the MK 45.

Its not that hard

1) People want keep comparing this to the original $250 Mark 7 price wise but they shouldn't, it should be compared to Midas if anything- which was $300 when it shipped 15 months ago and sold out in days. Stealth also comes with a dynamic stand, which is worth a premium. Movie Promos and Exclusives have a higher price point- this is reality, they charge it because they can as demand will no doubt be higher for a rarer item and also because they have a smaller amount of product to sell to make a return.

2) Its not just a straight repaint, there was some reworking involved (not much, but still). This figure has a finally improved eye size on the face plate (ala the Workshop Accessories Set), and it also includes some clear plastic parts in the design. The paint app includes gloss and matte, there are also decals. A bit more involved than just painting an existing figure a different color.

3) Its closest cousins are Gunmetal and Secret Project. Figures that are either owned by people who bought them for retail when they had the chance or bought them for up to 5x the price later. Secret Project was $210 in 2011. I'll bet if you went to that thread now you'd find the exact same mewling about how dare they charge such a premium for a repaint, etc etc. The Special Edition War Machine cost $240 compared to the standard $180 version. Well now it costs twice that.

Like it or not, this can be a "blink and you miss" it hobby. Deciding you want something months or years later will more often than not cost you a whole bunch more money, and this hobby is full of ever more people that have first hand experience coming in late and are faced with the gigantic prices on older pieces and are probably quite determined to not to get burned again.

Its $340, and that is expensive. But if it is worth it to you, then you buy it. If it is not, shrug and move on. Being loud about I don't want this and you all need to hear it in a way that belittles your interest is no more constructive here than it is when the exact same sentiment is expressed about someone else favorite movies, tv shows, music, sports, or books.

The more popular a collectible becomes, the more people want it and so the prices rise. They can never fill the demand, so it's only the die hard collectors that are willing to pay the increased costs that stay in the game.

I just want to know what the AoU exclusive figure/s are going to be.

The more popular a collectible becomes, the more people want it and so the prices rise. They can never fill the demand, so it's only the die hard collectors that are willing to pay the increased costs that stay in the game.

I just want to know what the AoU exclusive figure/s are going to be.

It does say AoU exclusive even though its not in the movie. I just hop we get another promo. I had high hopes that it would be a vested hawkeye...or a BD Mk 43

:goodpost: :exactly: I was debating about it over night and really happy that I didn't. Still hoping that HT will make a Mark 45.

Haha, me too. I am not going to fall in that trap of buying the figures that just look good lol. I've resisted the urge to buy any of the Iron Man figures so far, that will change with AoU.

:goodpost: :exactly: I was debating about it over night and really happy that I didn't. Still hoping that HT will make a Mark 45.
I'm kinda in that boat... I spotted it very late last night after getting in from A&E with the little one... decided if it were available next morning I would consider it. It isn't but I'm not overly upset about it;

It's a gorgeous figure and I would be lying if I said I wouldn't buy one but now wasn't the best time for me (do have a slight collectors itch going on in the back of my head).

On the other hand it's a forgone conclusion they will do the 45... good news is if they end up not doing it as a DC this Stealth model shows off how shiny a paint job they can do.
They actually gave the edition size number for how many were produced. We haven't gotten that since the Mark VI Movie Promo figure.

BvZlFQx.png
If this had been based on the VI and especially of it had the head it would have been more of a bummer to have missed it. There are other figures which I missed out on due to starting after the first Avengers.

Back