Hot Toys Spider-Man... on the way guys! teaser pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the body will be like? ..this thing need's to be able to pull off poses past that of the normal truetype.

Like I said earlier about the fingers. I think the body will look horrid because it will have loads of joints for articulation. However they will all be covered by the suit.

Looks fake to me.:nono

:lol

Can't wait to get this. I didn't like Spider-Man 2 or 3, but I did like the first a lot. So I think just one regular Spidey will work for me. One more piece for my Hot Toys Marvel setup. Just hope they make Captain America and Thor next year.

They definitely will. They already hinted at it months ago. I just want a definitive Jackman Wolverine.

Look what I found:

supess.jpg

Now, to me, that looks like HT Supes photos. The blue suit, red cape and even the yellow 'S' on the back.

Last edited:
SWEET! I'll finally be able to have a true masterpiece of my all time favorite comic character! Can't wait to see more!!! :rock

Good eye, Tim. It does appear to be a full line up of comic superheros. 2011 should be another amazing year.

SWEET! I'll finally be able to have a true masterpiece of my all time favorite comic character! Can't wait to see more!!! :rock

Good eye, Tim. It does appear to be a full line up of comic superheros. 2011 should be another amazing year.

This figure looks very promising, I thought they'd go rubber with the suit to get the texture/pattern, very glad to see cloth as it'll avoid Batman-type issues, and the quality of the suit looks great, they got the silver of the webbing really nicely. I only wish Medicom figure was worth selling so I could unload mine. I want one top notch movie Spiderman figure and this will be it.

Hope that Trilogy Wolverine will be coming, he and Spidey are the most likely of the Comic movie figures I want, I'd really like Hulk but that's iffy and if it's based on Avengers and that's a new design I don't like, i won't care. I'd also like '89 Batman and Joker but those are iffy 2. Wolverine should happen.

The only thing Im not a fan of from the teaser is the how tall the spider sits off the chest. Im sure when these go into manufacturing that it will become part of the webbing, but currently not a fan. I am nervous about how well the webbing is going to stick to the fabric. HT is not know for having the best glue in the world. :)

HotToys_Spider-Man3-Spider-ManLimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine-Teaser.jpg

It should also be interesting what the headsulpt we be like under the mask, as it can't have sculpted hair like Toby's because that would mishapen it. Maybe it has two Toby head sculpts? One with a slick backed hair look, and one to look the way Peter Parker has it?

It should also be interesting what the headsulpt we be like under the mask, as it can't have sculpted hair like Toby's because that would mishapen it. Maybe it has two Toby head sculpts? One with a slick backed hair look, and one to look the way Peter Parker has it?

..or two hair sculpts like chris taylor ...but i guess his ears would need to be tucked back a bit when under the mask so i guess a second sculpt is the way to go.

Edit: Look at his neck in that pic ..look's to me like there is a break in the costume at the neck ..so i do think this figure has a removable mask.

Did someone confirm that the mask will be cloth or removable? Hot Toys doesn't go in that direction much, so I'm guessing it won't be.

I would think they would have too right? I would think it would be to jarring from clothes to sculpt. Unless they can recreate the texture of the fabric? Im sure they will figure it out.

You can definitely see the break from torso to neck, but this is also just a teaser.

I'd guess they'd just do a 'ball' type head with no likeness just so the mask sits correctly and then a second interchangeable Peter Parker head.

The only thing Im not a fan of from the teaser is the how tall the spider sits off the chest. Im sure when these go into manufacturing that it will become part of the webbing, but currently not a fan. I am nervous about how well the webbing is going to stick to the fabric. HT is not know for having the best glue in the world. :)

Is it a rubber or is it just a thick thread like wool. If it's fabric then it could just be stitched to the suit and there would be no need for glue. I would also make it stretchy.

..or two hair sculpts like chris taylor ...but i guess his ears would need to be tucked back a bit when under the mask so i guess a second sculpt is the way to go.

Edit: Look at his neck in that pic ..look's to me like there is a break in the costume at the neck ..so i do think this figure has a removable mask.

Did someone confirm that the mask will be cloth or removable? Hot Toys doesn't go in that direction much, so I'm guessing it won't be.

I guess they could make a cloth mask that is fixed permanently to a specially sculpted head that has no likeness underneath, and then include a headsculpt with a Toby Maguire likeness

Here are my 2 cents:

The seam you can see at the moment is the excess fabric which running off from the masked head, (to cover the neck and overlap the bodysuit piece). This will be permanently attached to the masked head, (with blank maskshape sculpt unerneath), and will not be removeable.

You will then get a separate TM head with sculpted hair.

Yeah it'll be really interesting to see how they are going to handle the head.

I want to be able to pull the mask up to reveal the mouth like he does a lot in the comics!

I don't see them doing a removable mask. Even in the film, McGuire wore a hard mask in the cloth in order to get a look more faithful to the comics. It'd be too tricky to do that on a figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back