Hot Toys Spider-Man... on the way guys! teaser pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but it looks molded to me. But I guess they could also embroider the webbing on? That way it would never come off. Maybe easier too, but this stuff is so small. I don't know. Im still puzzled with the sculpting of texture on the Mark 4 Stark head.

Side note. They had a hard shell they used to cover up Tobe's facial features in the movie to keep the smooth look of Spiderman's head.

I'd guess they'd just do a 'ball' type head with no likeness just so the mask sits correctly and then a second interchangeable Peter Parker head.

Is it a rubber or is it just a thick thread like wool. If it's fabric then it could just be stitched to the suit and there would be no need for glue. I would also make it stretchy.

:lol Sorry mate I did not see your post until I posted the same thing

So I'm guessing.

Sculpted head with no likeness and stitched mask.
TM interchangeable head
Cloth mask that doesn't fit a head for posing with the TM head on like he has just removed it and it's in his hand.

Here are my 2 cents:

The seam you can see at the moment is the excess fabric which running off from the masked head, (to cover the neck and overlap the bodysuit piece). This will be permanently attached to the masked head, (with blank maskshape sculpt unerneath), and will not be removeable.

You will then get a separate TM head with sculpted hair.

Ya i'd say it will be done this way ..but the fabric on the mask would want to be really really thin or else it will look terrible where it meets the rest of the suit!

Ok new theory. Because the webbing is only on the red sections is could be applied when the fabric is flat. After the webbing is applied then the suit is sewn together. This would explain why there is a bit of red showing outside the webbing. The stitcher didn't align the edge well enough when it was sewn together. Could even be cast directly to the fabric, but Ill bet its glued after.

I hope they keep the dark areas more blue. I dont really like how black these shots make him look.

spiderman3leak05.jpg

The only criticism I have is the webbing is more like piping, as opposed to flat and angular cut.

Oh here is another thought. What if its printed using a heavy rubbery paint? Like silk screening but heavier using a puff paint?

My main concerns with this figure when they first announced doing these films are addressed, the blue and red are much darker like the film, where Medicom was more like the comics, and the webbing is unquestionably silver, where Medicom's was black. Medicom's is a nice figure, but it's more of a comic Spiderman, this will be unquestionably movie Spiderman.

I am fairly confident the costume and webbing will look amazing in hand

Only thing that concerns me is that ugly neck seam :mad:

My main concerns with this figure when they first announced doing these films are addressed, the blue and red are much darker like the film, where Medicom was more like the comics, and the webbing is unquestionably silver, where Medicom's was black. Medicom's is a nice figure, but it's more of a comic Spiderman, this will be unquestionably movie Spiderman.

You know HT are a stickler for accuracy. If it's dark colours in the movie it'll be dark colours on the figure. Personal preference plays no part in it.

I really think in hand it will be a lot different. That is 4 times the normal size.

Exactly do you normally looks at your figures from three inches from their chest? I have no problems with this first teaser.

I say we get full specs and pics tomorrow.

As for the hands, I've seen fabric screened onto plastic. Maybe they'll do that. Thay should also have strechy fabic extending from the glove so they can tightly fit on the arms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back