Hot Toys Spider-Man... on the way guys! teaser pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The figure looks good, but I'm probably gonna pass on it. However, the building corner is an awesome idea and would be great for posing.

I need to figure out a way to hang him upside down like that one picture. Will look great hanging down behind wolverine.

Lately, HT seems to be bent on making things harder for themselves. It's like (and bear in mind this is a rough reenactment):

HT decision-making dude 1: "Hmm... well, the rest of the figure is covered in fabric. Pretty slick, pretty slick. Articulation will be in-SANE on this sucker!"

HT decision-making dude 2: "Hells, yeah. Poseability will be through the ROOF! So um, what'll we use for the boots?"

HT decision-making dude 1: "Just use plastic. I mean... yeah. It's totally... yeah, plastic."

Nah, itd be more like:

Ceo 1: let's use the rubber boot or cloth boot.

Ceo 2: no, let's use plastic first, and save up the better rubber/cloth boots for the DX or BD version so these guys could see our improvement! They'd buy the obsolete plastic version anyways. Lol.

Yes on the hands and boots, although glad to see the neck connects to the chest and is one piece. Not a fan of that seam on the top of his head though. Also, they don't show the back at all, large zipper/seam? Arms seem a little too buff for my liking too, more than Tobey for sure. Pretty amazing other than that.

Yep, I agree... And I would like to see the back too...

The feet need to be flexible, which they don't appear to be. Still gonna buy.

... And one more, my friend!... One more! :D

It's not bad... but the body could use a bit more bulk in certain areas.

The main problem (and one I can't believe they didn't think of) is that they used plastic for the "boots." First of all, that takes away the consistency of the fabric deal. I'm all for using plastic hands (eh, kind of), but why use plastic all the way up the shins? This SERIOUSLY takes away from ankle articulation.

Any baby with a brain would've gone with using fabric there. You actually have to put in effort to make a decision as dumb as that one.
Could've done it like the DX Batman with full rubber boots. Those allowed for great ankle articluation.

:exactly:

Finally a worthwhile Spidey!
It's been a while since I expected that... And I know I am far from alone... Huh, guys?!

But even if for sure I will order it, I would still like that Hot Toys really give their best even in the design of this model... And they are able (after, it is just a question of will and of big bucks...).

- At first glance the head seems to be in a real cowl with same tissue than rest of costume and that's fine like that. The mesh of the eyes, by cons is really rough and should be corrected.

- Spiderman is very often represented on tiptoe. When you tackle a project like this to want to represent a character figure, one must be attentive to all the faithful representation of shapes, materials used, as the iconic poses that characterize it. HT should use the same technique as for their DX02 Batman (rubber boots / ankle joint) with an additional articulation of the feet).

- And as long as to make, to use the same technique for gloves (because plastic hands with the joint of the wrist visible, that's not dreadful)

Come on, Sirs from HT, a small effort, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back