Hot Toys Spider-Man... on the way guys! teaser pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing ruining it for me is the "3". Just wish they had done it from part one. I hated part 3!!!! I guess it doesn't matter. Same outfit. Can't wait!!

The thing i hated about three was the horrible incredible's soundtrack they used.:slap

I'm sure I'll start collecting again one day. I guess I just got tired of pointless nature of the characters. Really, all this crap happens to them, but there is no real change in their lives (see Spider-Man). I'd just rather go back and read collected versons of the old Stan Lee stuff.

I'm sure it got stale for a while but the stuff I'm reading right now things have been pretty interesting. If you get the itch I suggest those titles.

Spider-Man > Iron Man

Keep telling yourself that.:nana:

That teaser looks really good. I guess I just don't care which movie he's from just as long as I get a decent Spider-Man on the shelf.

The one thing that bugs me about the movie is the continuity of the mask. When it's on you can clearly see that it's completely connected to the suit, so when Toby Maguire takes it off, it seems to become magically detached from the rest of the suit.
What are Hot Toys going to do about that, if they want to included a Maguire sculpt? And if they do make it separate will there be an ugly seem?

I remember being so bummed I didnt win this custom spidey on ebay. Judging from the teaser, it might be similar with raised webbing. Looking forward to this spidey.

2epu8wo.jpg

That's an AMAZING custom. Hope Ht's one to look like this one!!

I believe Spidey will be released before CR Supes... We've seen blurry pics of Spidey already and any pic of Supes.

The one thing that bugs me about the movie is the continuity of the mask. When it's on you can clearly see that it's completely connected to the suit, so when Toby Maguire takes it off, it seems to become magically detached from the rest of the suit.
What are Hot Toys going to do about that, if they want to included a Maguire sculpt? And if they do make it separate will there be an ugly seem?

That is the one and only question I have!

I really hope we don't get an ugly seem! I am not interested in displaying Spidey with a Maguire sculpt so for me I would like to see an all in one suit no ugly neck seem :monkey3

That is the one and only question I have!

I really hope we don't get an ugly seem! I am not interested in displaying Spidey with a Maguire sculpt so for me I would like to see an all in one suit no ugly neck seem :monkey3

If you look at the teaser picture you can see a part where the webbing doesn't line up perfect. I say that is it

If you look at the teaser picture you can see a part where the webbing doesn't line up perfect. I say that is it

Looks like you could very well be right, can't see any other reason why there would be that disconnect right there :(

IMO this is a major mistake to include this, I bet 90% of people if you polled it would say all in one suit

Looks like you could very well be right, can't see any other reason why there would be that disconnect right there :(

IMO this is a major mistake to include this, I bet 90% of people if you polled it would say all in one suit

Then how would you remove it ?

No doubt they will tweak it best they can for the final product. I can see them taking a long time to refine this figure. It's one that they know if they mess up on - people won't be happy.

Then how would you remove it ?

I don't wanna remove it that's my whole point :lol

Like i say i bet if you polled it 90% of people would prefer all in one suit with no ugly seam running around the neck for a pointless Maguire sculpt

All imo of course hehehehehehe

Considering PP can CLEARLY take off the mask ENTIRELY in the movies (and he most likely could in real life if he existed), why wouldn't HT make a removable mask? If it's well-made and carefully crafted, there's no reason why it shouldn't be this way. HT sure is capable of doing it.

Last edited:
In the movie I believe the mask comes off under the chin just before the neck starts.

Therefore the only issue would be the masks edge being shown on the back and sides. But under the chin it should be hidden if it is tight enough.

I, too, would have no reason to remove the mask.

But I still think HT will make it removable and include an alternate Maguire head. Because that's how they roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back