Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been a loyal SS customer for some time now but with the ever rising shipping costs I’ve moved several of my recent purchases to BBTS. I’m not sure of their return/replacement policy so if anyone has any info on that I’d be appreciative.

That being said I’ve never had a problem with SS or their customer service so I was quite reluctant to try a new avenue for my collectables.

BBTS has good customer service in my experience.

BBTS may be cheaper, but without some form of flexpay.. I go the SSC route. They need that.

Bbts gets their supply from SSC, i tried getting into the ht toys dealer business even going as reaching out to them, and they referred me to sideshow. Doesnt matter where you buy your figures from retail, indirectly they all get their supplies from ssc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bbts gets their supply from SSC, i tried getting into the ht toys dealer business even going as reaching out to them, and they referred me to sideshow. Doesnt matter where you buy your figures from retail, indirectly they all get their supplies from ssc.

Exactly. SS is the sole HT distributor in US and I think also Europe. So they make money on every sale whether direct or through their distributors. I'm sure this is why they have scaled down their 1/6 work. Why compete with Hot Toys on the product level when you're making easy money just sending them out.

If you have a bank account or even a jar then you have flex pay.

Some people, myself included, don’t have the discipline to set aside a couple or a few hundred when a figure releases. Flexpay forces is to have that small payment taken out automatically. Plus it helps when multiple figures hit the same month.

Some people, myself included, don’t have the discipline to set aside a couple or a few hundred when a figure releases. Flexpay forces is to have that small payment taken out automatically. Plus it helps when multiple figures hit the same month.

If you guys have flexpay, don’t forget to change your dates to the new release, mine was still set for the original release in feb 2018 and had to bump it up for august.

But you can call them at any time and make your monthly payment for the figure at any time. I am the same way though if i have the balance for the flexpay ill pay for the figure before i spend it on something else lololol

I'm pretty sure they look dark because of his gargantuan brows. You only see them lighted head on once in the movie, and its not like they are tiger eye yellow, more a sickly yellow, which makes sense.

Just send the money to TurdFurgusonsHat. He’ll keep it safe until the figure releases. He has the discipline. :lol

Just send the money to TurdFurgusonsHat. He’ll keep it safe until the figure releases. He has the discipline. :lol

Indeed :lol. Joking aside, managing your own money and living within your means are important things in life. If you are a Hot Toys figure away from being out in the street I would rethink things.

Random depressing question.

If and when (probably a lot more when) this trade war crap includeds toys from China and there is a 10 to 25% tax on them will things already ordered and paid for be exempt? Or is it anything not in the country by a certiain date taxed xyz amount?

I just can't see HT or SS asking 25% more for figures that are almost done or a ship on the way but i can't see them eating the cost on thousands of figures either.

Hopefully will not happen but was not 100% sure how it works if it did.

Indeed :lol. Joking aside, managing your own money and living within your means are important things in life. If you are a Hot Toys figure away from being out in the street I would rethink things.

I completely agree. HT is not a priority. Thankfully I don’t worry about that. Flexpay has allowed me to get every episodic SW figure release including the sequel trilogy. It allows me buy more figures than when they are ready to release. I’ll only owe a small balance when they finally release. Great thing Sideshow allows.

95cae37b89e7f2d138f6fccda64e153b.jpg

I will easily wait a few days/weeks on bbts or others with sane shipping prices because it's cheaper, you get to evaluate in hand photos if you are not feeling it, support smaller businesses that do not openly screew their customers (cheetah change snail speed mail) and no NRD if having said second thoughts. Did I mention cheaper?

Funny you said Support small businesses then mentioned NRD, not feeling it, second thoughts etc. Yeah ordering and cancelling is a great way to "Support" small businesses.

Back