Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always put final order in at bbts or timewalker. Unless 100% sure on an item i order at sideshow first til decided until the nrds killed that. I dont see how they hold their own towards individual customers with nrds and bloated shipping costs - must be people still stuck in with reward points and exclusives. And majority of the stock.

Random depressing question.

If and when (probably a lot more when) this trade war crap includeds toys from China and there is a 10 to 25% tax on them will things already ordered and paid for be exempt? Or is it anything not in the country by a certiain date taxed xyz amount?

I just can't see HT or SS asking 25% more for figures that are almost done or a ship on the way but i can't see them eating the cost on thousands of figures either.

Hopefully will not happen but was not 100% sure how it works if it did.
I’m pretty sure most retailers wouldn’t change the price after you already have an order locked in or even after it’s already been put up for order. I’d imagine if anything happens it’ll pertain to new products.

I’m pretty sure most retailers wouldn’t change the price after you already have an order locked in or even after it’s already been put up for order. I’d imagine if anything happens it’ll pertain to new products.

I think their margins can handle it

There is about 3 bucks of materials in those things

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Considering we have Jedi Luke (well I do :lol) and an earlier than planned release for the Emperor and Guards I thought this thread needed some pics prior to SDCC.

How awesome is this going to look all together. Luke, Vader, Emperor and Guards !

I also completely forgot how many light up functions the throne has !!

star-wars-emperor-palpatine-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903110-01-2.jpg

star-wars-emperor-palpatine-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903110-05.jpg

star-wars-emperor-palpatine-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903110-07.jpg

star-wars-emperor-palpatine-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903110-09.jpg

star-wars-emperor-palpatine-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903110-17.jpg

star-wars-emperor-palpatine-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903110-24.jpg

star-wars-emperor-palpatine-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903110-25.jpg

Funny you said Support small businesses then mentioned NRD, not feeling it, second thoughts etc. Yeah ordering and cancelling is a great way to "Support" small businesses.

Agreed.

Seems kind of hypocritical to advocate for supporting smaller businesses that don’t screw their customers, yet then wanting no NRD so that way you can cancel at any time you want with no repercussions, screwing the business.

Throne looks nice. But no deluxe for me. I have no room for it and i don't buy it for a later sell. And i want to pose Emperor standing anyway.

I’m making room for the throne. If I missed it I’d probably be kicking myself later and having the throne along with Luke, Vader, and a couple Guards completes the set up for me. I’m hoping to get a backdrop or something that looks like the observation window behind the throne too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20180712_170326.jpg

Have my Luke and Vader just killing some time before the emperor can move his throne into position :)

Man I can’t wait to have Palpatine sitting on his throne with the guards next to him. That’ll be one badass detolf shelf.

The throne would be cool but I also know I won't use it. I'm looking to go for a Emperor just landing on the Death Star vibe.
I'm also really darn excited for the Royal Guards. I always loved the design and mystery of them.

I can't wait for him to release. That was quick i have to say. Wish the Royal Guards were a two pack instead of Hot Toys screwing us by selling them individually

If and when (probably a lot more when) this trade war crap includeds toys from China and there is a 10 to 25% tax on them will things already ordered and paid for be exempt? Or is it anything not in the country by a certiain date taxed xyz amount?

I just can't see HT or SS asking 25% more for figures that are almost done or a ship on the way but i can't see them eating the cost on thousands of figures either.

Yeah I saw that weird clip where Trump mentioned Hot Toys and about supporting American-made Sideshow products instead.

:monkey3

I’m surprised at all the people who don’t want the throne. When I think Palpatine in the Original Trilogy the throne room duel with him watchfully sitting is what I think of.

As nice as the throne would be, actually what first comes to mind for me when I think of OT Palpatine is him using Force lightning.

Toys aren't included in the tariffs.

https://www.toyassociation.org/Pres...es-not-include-toys-on-china-tariff-list.aspx

I’m surprised at all the people who don’t want the throne. When I think Palpatine in the Original Trilogy the throne room duel with him watchfully sitting is what I think of.

Just to cut down on the price man. And I know I won't use it. I won't be getting a Luke so it's just Vader, Emperor and Guard.

Back