Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold my HT to settle for the kit; same with my two Royal Guards.

It’s a definite, almost monumental downgrade but perfectly passable for what I need when representing the Emperor in my collection.
View attachment 661761View attachment 661762

Water treat it, pin the hood down at the back, a little double sided tape inside the hood can also keep it in place- and you’re good to go.
Yeah the lining needs ironed down too it seems. Would love to hear more about how it’s a downgrade. How does the head compare, accessories etc. Give us the lowdown!

I sold my HT to settle for the kit; same with my two Royal Guards.

It’s a definite, almost monumental downgrade but perfectly passable for what I need when representing the Emperor in my collection.
View attachment 661761View attachment 661762

Water treat it, pin the hood down at the back, a little double sided tape inside the hood can also keep it in place- and you’re good to go.
I have one of these.. you made this kit look awesome. I’ll have to try this out.

My thoughts on this kit: the hood is just tailored very incorrectly. Everything else is serviceable.

Still one of the best, sinister headsculpt. Great tailoring and nicely detailed fauteuil.
What amazes me is its price tag when it was due. Just checked and it cost me something about $300. Nothing!

Today, I assume he (deluxe) would be priced at minimum $500.

Still the only toy to be featured on the poster of a "major motion picture"

This is still one of my favorite Hot Toys, if they ever did an upgrade with PERS, sharper mold like the artisan sculpts I would rebuy this no sweat, but we're likely to get a episode III version after the clone wars one, for me only episode VI matters. Or maaybe an episode IX version, the only figure I would consider buying from the prequels.

Still the only toy to be featured on the poster of a "major motion picture"

This is still one of my favorite Hot Toys, if they ever did an upgrade with PERS, sharper mold like the artisan sculpts I would rebuy this no sweat, but we're likely to get a episode III version after the clone wars one, for me only episode VI matters. Or maaybe an episode IX version, the only figure I would consider buying from the prequels.
lol. I remember that poster. What a major mistake to make.
Did you mean the sequels? Not the prequels.
I made the ROTS invisible hand Throne a while back and just ordered the CW Sidious so that I can have him to sit in it.

I have that D23 poster from the RoS panel lol.
Disney is proceeding as I have foreseen.

sith.png

Yeah. Within minutes of the image being released.
Of course, lol.
In the general scheme of things, I don’t hold a lot of TROS trivia in my head. This is likely one of the only pieces I have.
Meanwhile, I know the name of the senator that owned the yellow speeder that Anakin “appropriated” in AOTC. And the company that made it, lol.

Of course, lol.
In the general scheme of things, I don’t hold a lot of TROS trivia in my head. This is likely one of the only pieces I have.
Meanwhile, I know the name of the senator that owned the yellow speeder that Anakin “appropriated” in AOTC. And the company that made it, lol.
This and the whole German Burger King campaign for me. That was absolutely the craziest thing EVER.

Back