Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sentence ends up at my point. Business model sucks if it makes you go elsewhere.

And you don't have to give Sideshow your money directly -- go thru AE or Timewalker. Until they too become strangely delayed.

Yes but I’m not sure BBTS is anymore delayed than other vendors. It looks like Sideshow is shipping to their vendors in later batches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried AE either to be honest but many here swear by them. Sometimes they have free shipping, otherwise its not worth it.

What's AE? I get they're a 3rd party distributor but I'm newish to the collecting game so I don't know all the distributors yet.

I think it depends on if they get all their stock at once. Sometimes BBTS ships within a week or two of SS (i think the IM MKV shipped a little over 10 days after SS) and other times it can be a month later if they get orders in batches.

I think it depends on if they get all their stock at once. Sometimes BBTS ships within a week or two of SS (i think the IM MKV shipped a little over 10 days after SS) and other times it can be a month later if they get orders in batches.

Doesn't explain the three month wait on Jack Sparrow. I have PTSD from that.

I still wonder if it's something to do with the $4 shipping. It's not cheap or free to move packages around this country they have to be making it up someplace. Using slower cheaper ways to get stock and to mail out stock. I don't know just thinking out loud :dunno

I still wonder if it's something to do with the $4 shipping. It's not cheap or free to move packages around this country they have to be making it up someplace. Using slower cheaper ways to get stock and to mail out stock. I don't know just thinking out loud :dunno

It is pretty cheap when you get the kind of bulk rates a company like Sideshow gets. And despite way overcharging for shipping they still use about the slowest UPS service they can. It takes almost a full week to make it from Cali to the Midwest. The Pony Express was able to offer a similar speed of delivery back in 1860.

It is pretty cheap when you get the kind of bulk rates a company like Sideshow gets. And despite way overcharging for shipping they still use about the slowest UPS service they can. It takes almost a full week to make it from Cali to the Midwest. The Pony Express was able to offer a similar speed of delivery back in 1860.

But 1/1 scale figures, 1/6 scale vehicles, five 20 pound statues or a full semi trailer for $4? A week is strange it takes 3 days at most for me.

I'm in omaha, ne and totally agree. The hot toys yoda was 19 to ship, and it took 7 business days to get to me. Pretty unreal. Thats when i decided to switch to bbts unless i had to go through SSC.

Still waiting on Luke from Timewalker, looks like 2 weeks outright now.

Ssc definitely capitalizes on nerd impatience. And I positive that they hold back stock for themselves and delay orders from secondary distributers...but why wouldn’t they ?

I mean they COULD compete by offering lowest shipping prices or lower prices on their items..... but nah, thats not the way of business now. Dont bother with better service, just squeeze out your competition....the Walmart Way.

Honestly, at this point, I would rather pay more, and wait a few weeks longer, and not support SSC business practices. I wish HT would find another distributer here in the US. After SSC doing Jedi Luke on the heals of HT, I was hoping that would be the end of their relationship.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

With money they are making, they can easily open their own branch in the US. I know it's way more expensive, not that easy and all, but everybody would benefit from cutting off the middle man.

I will easily wait a few days/weeks on bbts or others with sane shipping prices because it's cheaper, you get to evaluate in hand photos if you are not feeling it, support smaller businesses that do not openly screew their customers (cheetah change snail speed mail) and no NRD if having said second thoughts. Did I mention cheaper?

Dang. Was hoping this would be released over night [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what sort of creative licence HT will take on the head for the Emperor as it was never shown in ROTJ. Curious if even the hood will be removable from the head!

There's photos of Mcdiarmid with the hood off, so I recon they will go for a similar look as did the old SS release.

dcd8beeaaf4ea13fc39a82a66df3ffc4.jpg

Still waiting on Luke from Timewalker, looks like 2 weeks outright now.

Ssc definitely capitalizes on nerd impatience. And I positive that they hold back stock for themselves and delay orders from secondary distributers...but why wouldn’t they ?

I mean they COULD compete by offering lowest shipping prices or lower prices on their items..... but nah, thats not the way of business now. Dont bother with better service, just squeeze out your competition....the Walmart Way.

Honestly, at this point, I would rather pay more, and wait a few weeks longer, and not support SSC business practices. I wish HT would find another distributer here in the US. After SSC doing Jedi Luke on the heals of HT, I was hoping that would be the end of their relationship.

That makes no sense they are the supplier. Why squeeze the competition when you could just stop selling to them? It's not like HT is selling straight to BBTS so i would not consider them true compitition to SS. Ford vs Chevy is competition and this is nothing like that.

SSC gets money from every HT that BBTS sells.

Also the SS does not get paid if they just sit on orders. They need to get stock out the door to clear warehouse space and put money in the bank account.

They need BBTS. They dump stuff that is not selling over to them that's why BBTS has a ton of old HT stock.

I have no idea about shipping some people pay $10 and get their order a couple days some pay $20 and get their order in a week.

Last edited:
That makes no sense they are the supplier. Why squeeze the competition when you could just stop selling to them? It's not like HT is selling straight to BBTS so i would not consider them true compitition to SS. Ford vs Chevy is competition and this is nothing like that.

SSC gets money from every HT that BBTS sells.

Also the SS does not get paid if they just sit on orders. They need to get stock out the door to clear warehouse space and put money in the bank account.

They need BBTS. They dump stuff that is not selling over to them that's why BBTS has a ton of old HT stock.

I have no idea about shipping some people pay $10 and get their order a couple days some pay $20 and get their order in a week.

Ah, well SSC is a distributer and supplier.
So they legally have to distribute. But I am sure in their contract with HT they have exclusivity for a specified time.

I’ve been a loyal SS customer for some time now but with the ever rising shipping costs I’ve moved several of my recent purchases to BBTS. I’m not sure of their return/replacement policy so if anyone has any info on that I’d be appreciative.

That being said I’ve never had a problem with SS or their customer service so I was quite reluctant to try a new avenue for my collectables.

Back