1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance this will release any earlier? Feels like forever ago it went up for pre order.
We don’t have any indication one way or the other. Could be next week or two more months. But I agree it seems like we are moving toward the release window…which is why I don’t personally expect any changes to what was shown.

But the DX28 head has the ANH small chin vent as opposed to the ROTJ large chin vent -- probably the most significant difference in the masks at first glance.

And HT's ROTJ Vader proto did have the correct larger chin vent in the proto photos.
If they use digital sculpts for the helmet, could be a simple alternate lower half of the mask.

Any chance this will release any earlier? Feels like forever ago it went up for pre order.
It wouldn’t surprise me. They just finished AotC and went straight to RotJ 3PO and then 0-0-0 must have hit production right after to be in stock for the dark side event. Obi-Wan Kenobi Vader is shipping now so following that same logic of keeping some of the same tooling on the production line, RoTJ Vader could be happening now and ready fairly soon.

Pretty sure the Rotj helmet is going to be the ESB helmet, just modified for being dismantled. They might upgrade the mask to dx28 but I'm not holding my breath here.

how is the OWK version a DX and this is not??

c83d68aa80c80f36552f9b4e27bc500b.gif

Back