Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just going to say it. He looks like Palpatine when he puts up his hands in the fight with yoda in the Senate chamber. I'm actually disappointed. I'll just stick with the angry sideshow version though I admit, the robe is much better.

Dann that Guard looks so good next to him. Love the colour contrast.

Im definitely going to get him a lumbar pillow !!

a5aaace1b63299162e004bace5e4dc0b.jpg

For me, IF I get this I think to really do it justice, you have to get the chair. Palps in that chair alone is a disturbingly great display. And I have no doubt the production piece will be... impressive.

I'm just going to say it. He looks like Palpatine when he puts up his hands in the fight with yoda in the Senate chamber. I'm actually disappointed. I'll just stick with the angry sideshow version though I admit, the robe is much better.

I think I'm in the same boat here, I'm not sure there's enough changes to justify me scrapping my sideshow versions and absorbing the additional cost. I think the paint and the robe is better but again not sure if it's worth the extra cost.

I bet they do 2 heads and force lightning. But man, I really want to see the face, and him just, well, standing.

I bet they do 2 heads and force lightning. But man, I really want to see the face, and him just, well, standing.

Looking at the preview pics of Jedi Luke and the Emperor figure shown in some of the pics has a more stoic expression so I wouldn't be surprised if we either get 2 head sculpt or at least one ends up being an exclusive.

I think I remember noticing in my Costumes book that that was actually the case on the original costume as well. Not 100% sure though.

Yes, both Yoda and Palpatine's arms sleeves are stitched shut. I remember reaching for my Costumes book to nitpick that, then much to my chagrin, found it it was screen accurate.

You'd hardly notice it in the films but on figures, it just looks wrong.

⚡⚡⚡⚡️Not that important to me. I doubt it's make it out of the box

I feel the same way, I can't see displaying him with the lightning as i think it would look more like a toy. Two head sculpts would be great though.

...........I like it. But I also still like my old SS Emperor and chair so this is probably a pass for me. Just as well, this isn't shaping up to be a cheap year with everything else getting previewed.

Palps is a bit like Bib Fortuna - he's not as pure white/pale as you think when you look at closer on-set type pics. They are more a light flesh than pale white, though both were shot under really contrasty lighting so appear more white.

I'd rather Palps be almost white though - not that sort of pink slime meat filler color HT has done. Same with the old Sideshow Bib - they went a bit too peach-pinkish which I guess was correct but Bib "feels" more pale-white.

Is there seriously not going to be any further reveal of Palps? Don't understand why they wouldn't show it fully - unless it's like Sideshow with the Luke Snowspeeder helmetless sculpt - it was clear they took it out at the show and went "ehh, let's not show that.":lol

Back