Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg can't wait for this and the royal guard!!! he's looking wasted reclining back in his throne , just smoked a blunt :lol

Having Sideshow's version, i can tell it's hard to get a figure sit straight in that chair. If can't have both Palpatine sitting straight and having his feet resting flat on the floor.

P1040191.JPG

To be honest, I'm not really impressed on my first reaction.

I won't give up on this though. A few initial unflattering photos (in my opinion) of what is only a prototype don't make or break a figure.

Looks like they stitched the sleeves to keep them up. Don't like that. Will snip-snip.

I think I remember noticing in my Costumes book that that was actually the case on the original costume as well. Not 100% sure though.

I hope he has that proper Emperor silhouette when standing up. That was something I couldn't fix on my custom even with a new body, and was one of the main reasons I ended up selling him.

Am I the only one loving this guy? Material used looks fantastic, and than god for a decent expression. Sure, it's hard to say for sure when 65% of the head sculpt isnt show, but lovin what we are shown so far.

And Royal guard looks fantastic

I think I remember noticing in my Costumes book that that was actually the case on the original costume as well. Not 100% sure though.

I hope he has that proper Emperor silhouette when standing up. That was something I couldn't fix on my custom even with a new body, and was one of the main reasons I ended up selling him.

What silhouette were you after, I felt I was able to get the Sideshow figure to really capture ROTJ Palpatine.

5533568996_a1247ddf56_b.jpg

What silhouette were you after, I felt I was able to get the Sideshow figure to really capture ROTJ Palpatine.

5533568996_a1247ddf56_b.jpg

I'll have to get some comparison shots when I'm not on my phone, but I felt the SS version's neck was too short, and the shoulders too wide in proportion to the rest of the body. The whole thing looked more Darth Sidious and less Emperor Palpatine.

He looks great from that angle in your shot, but on display, he bothered me.

Being corrected about his posture by his piano teacher is what pushed him to the dark side. It's in the return of the Jedi novel.

On a side note, if nearly everything is priced at "TBD", you can just leave it off that little placard.

I'll have to get some comparison shots when I'm not on my phone, but I felt the SS version's neck was too short, and the shoulders too wide in proportion to the rest of the body. The whole thing looked more Darth Sidious and less Emperor Palpatine.

He looks great from that angle in your shot, but on display, he bothered me.

I'm guessing you're aiming for something like this?

79e1dcf180b4610311d3528be0e7b760.jpg

palpatine1.jpg

What the hell is with Hot Toys and their hands this year ? Do Palpatine and Tarkin both suffer from hand elephantitis ??

(Ok is probably the angle and glass but other shots also show quite large hands)

Nice throne though. Good to see that's confirmed.

Has anyone seen if he comes with the throne as the standard edition ??

151f03a317eeee1235737530309f368f.jpg

I'm getting a "Weekend at Bernie's" vibe so far.

Back