Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
413473523.jpg

Ha Ha those toe nails!

It's really hard to get good comparison shots on this figure but I think it's a good start. From what we've seen so far to me it looks like it will be better than the sideshow even though I have that one and still think it's a great figure especially with the right futzing. Almost the same case with SS and HT snowtrooper. Old one is still good but the new one is an improvement.

f67f48ba51901938853dd9127eac0387.jpg

b27d8d0baf31714ab68a2ce3624db7ce.jpg

I think they were going for this expression.
ce235fedefa4153878a263b91951219e.jpg

Maybe even this one if tilted up a bit.
I'd love to have a couple expressions for this figure otherwise why upgrade if you only get one face. Sideshow offered two.
3514c10b21df601099c787e71c8968ff.jpg

b5db2bf9be331f8ebffd41befd8e2338.jpg

Anyone of these would be great.
e3bedb1224750b04ef267054ab83bf44.jpg

I'm guessing there is still some work to be done on him... but they wanted to just give us a glimpse of what's to come. I have a feeling that chair will be an expensive item... probably double the cost of the figure. But, both will be mine.

Prob like Boba Feet - one with the Sarlacc base and one without. So chair/no chair.

They need to adjust the skin to be less fleshy coloured tho before I even consider this.

I'm guessing there is still some work to be done on him... but they wanted to just give us a glimpse of what's to come. I have a feeling that chair will be an expensive item... probably double the cost of the figure. But, both will be mine.
Yeah, unlike with Tarkin, the chair seems like a must with the Emperor.

Prob like Boba Feet - one with the Sarlacc base and one without. So chair/no chair.

They need to adjust the skin to be less fleshy coloured tho before I even consider this.
I think some of that might be the lighting at the show. We'll know more with the full reveal, but yeah, pastier than what we're seeing would be better.

I want the chair simply because I would display him sitting with Luke and Vader crossing their lightsabers right in front of his face (that sounds kinda wrong don't it?). Really hope that grinning head sculpt will be standard and not some kind of exclusive.

I'm very eager to get a better look at the head, the details looks great, but at the moment, it looks like a fatter/fuller face like ROTS.

Even though technically the reason the Emperor was thinner in ROTJwas because McDiarmid was thinner and younger at the time, I like to think it was the dark side taking a toll on the Emperor's body.

Even though technically the reason the Emperor was thinner in ROTJwas because McDiarmid was thinner and younger at the time, I like to think it was the dark side taking a toll on the Emperor's body.

I think Ian said in a celebration interview that he disagreed with the amount of prosthetics they were putting on him in ROTS. He kept saying they didn't need as much, especially around the neck.

I don't have the SSC version but how does that compare to this HT preview :dunno

Which looks more better

I don't have the SSC version but how does that compare to this HT preview :dunno

Which looks more better

As someone who previously owned the SSC version, I can say that I love the way the materials look on the HT version and if I still had him, he'd be going up for sale asap:lol

Which looks more better

So far, the costume looks a bit better overall on the HT than Sideshow, the sculpt has more fine detailing and the paint applications have better detailing.

That said, the costume on Sideshow is one of the best in the entire Sideshow Star Wars line and an overall good effort, if any visual flaw is there, it's the size of the base body impeding capturing McDiarmid's form from 1983. The neutral portrait, IMO, is perfection, it looks exactly like McDiarmid in ROTJ and allowed me to get some of the most realistic photos of a figure I've ever done.

Another positive for HT over Sideshow though would be that HT appears to be going with a neck sculpted to the head where Sideshow had it jointed for no reason, and with the unique lines and textures in Palpatine's skin, this looks better overall.

At this point, the Sideshow fetches nearly the same price as a brand new HT, so you might as well get the HT, unless there's no neutral portrait on the HT and you prefer that look.

So far, the costume looks a bit better overall on the HT than Sideshow, the sculpt has more fine detailing and the paint applications have better detailing.

That said, the costume on Sideshow is one of the best in the entire Sideshow Star Wars line and an overall good effort, if any visual flaw is there, it's the size of the base body impeding capturing McDiarmid's form from 1983. The neutral portrait, IMO, is perfection, it looks exactly like McDiarmid in ROTJ and allowed me to get some of the most realistic photos of a figure I've ever done.

Another positive for HT over Sideshow though would be that HT appears to be going with a neck sculpted to the head where Sideshow had it jointed for no reason, and with the unique lines and textures in Palpatine's skin, this looks better overall.

At this point, the Sideshow fetches nearly the same price as a brand new HT, so you might as well get the HT, unless there's no neutral portrait on the HT and you prefer that look.

Thanks I'll take this under consideration. Aside from the DC SSC figures of late..I still can't stand the SSC base body

The body was fine on Palpatine, if only too broad in the shoulders for McDiarmid, but sometimes that's the price of standard bodies. HT does a wider range of characters and has more based bodies available and seems capable and willing to use unique bodies for only a few figures.

Back