Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Into a Sith trap....

INTO A TRAP.jpg

Just enjoying some figures on a hot summer night....

I'm amazed at the degree of love ol' Palps has gotten. I didn't think he had such a depth of fan love.:lol:clap

Yeah, what a temptation for Luke to join the dark side, right?

A creepy cackling old grandpa who looks like his dad was the elephant man and a half-robot psychopath who didn't even remember he had kids. "Yeah, where do I sign?":lol

Hot Toys, Hot Toys, Hot Toys :slap

It finally arrived.

Both shots taken in natural light (just used a shot of the throne room on the desktop).

I only collect HT/SSC SW so I feel you guys on all these mods, repaints, water treatments, and custom helmets/sculpts to make them look more off-the-screen. It just popped in my head while seeing everyone’s Palpatine repaints, “Are Marvel collector’s doing ANY of this to their ‘insert character here’ or is it just us SW collectors doing all these tweaks?” I understand that each collector has their own level (threshold?) for screen accuracy when it comes to one’s collection. I was just curious if the Marvel offerings needed as much... doesn’t even sound close! Thanks

Don’t know about marvel but I’ve seen plenty of people modding their DC bats and jokers, so I think the incitement to mod still is present in other universes.

Don’t know about marvel but I’ve seen plenty of people modding their DC bats and jokers, so I think the incitement to mod still is present in other universes.

I don't collect Marvel specifically, but yeah, I mod pretty much all my figures, whether it's from HT, SS, Asmus, etc., regardless of license. There's always something to improve.

Hot Toys, Hot Toys, Hot Toys :slap

It finally arrived.

Both shots taken in natural light (just used a shot of the throne room on the desktop).

Just found this thread

Hey mate, he looks awesome in his robes with the hood up and the eyes look like they still stand out well under the shade of it too

You happy with him ? And what did you think of the ig-88 touch up is it ok ?

Pete

Just found this thread

Hey mate, he looks awesome in his robes with the hood up and the eyes look like they still stand out well under the shade of it too

You happy with him ? And what did you think of the ig-88 touch up is it ok ?

Pete

Phenomenal work as always, sir!!!!!!!!!! :duff

ooh that has me wanting Dooku now.....damn you Irezumi !

edit : I'll replace him with Anakin ;-)

Everytime i look at the Dooku figure i hear in my head Christopher Lee's commanding voice, all his quotes from the PT..."Brave of you boy, but I would've thought you had learned your lesson.":)

Back