Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Matrix and so nice to see those boots squarely on the floor, but it's a bummer the chair has to be inaccurately low to accomodate the figure.:gah:

I never did figure out exactly what it was that made the feet so far from the floor - some have suggested the Palps figure is too short.

Matrix, did you use a core cutter to drill out?
I used a 35mm Forster bit.
Nice work Matrix and so nice to see those boots squarely on the floor, but it's a bummer the chair has to be inaccurately low to accomodate the figure.:gah:

I never did figure out exactly what it was that made the feet so far from the floor - some have suggested the Palps figure is too short.

Yep HT are all over the place again when it comes to character height...Jedi luke was too tall and Palps is too short.

I'm enjoying old Palps again:)

DSC_0109.jpgDSC_0113.JPGDSC_0117.JPG

HT has done poorer in terms of likeness (not just human - helmets too; ROTJ Fett, various Vaders, both ANH and ROTJ stormie etc) with SW than they have with Marvel, hence the need to tweak and redo.

Question I posted a few pages back...

Star Wars is a life long passion for many of us, and we want the film representations of our favorite characters to look like they stepped right off the screen. Even though I own dozens of Marvel Hot Toys, I’ve never modded a single one of those figures (with the exception of using an already modded open faced MK VII helmet my best friend sold me). With DC, I’ve purchased custom capes and accessories for my Batman collection. For Star Wars, I’ve purchased custom head sculpts for Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Obi Wan Kenobi. I’ve purchased a custom dress for Princess Leia and new gloved hands for my Star Wars Darth Vader. I’ve made numerous mods and spent hours futzing each Star Wars character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would probably be a topic you could start in the Marvel section. No doubt it would see a lot more action. But it’s an interesting question. Seems like SW has more malcontents. :lol

HT has done poorer in terms of likeness (not just human - helmets too; ROTJ Fett, various Vaders, both ANH and ROTJ stormie etc) with SW than they have with Marvel, hence the need to tweak and redo.

Star Wars is a life long passion for many of us, and we want the film representations of our favorite characters to look like they stepped right off the screen. Even though I own dozens of Marvel Hot Toys, I’ve never modded a single one of those figures (with the exception of using an already modded open faced MK VII helmet my best friend sold me). With DC, I’ve purchased custom capes and accessories for my Batman collection. For Star Wars, I’ve purchased custom head sculpts for Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Obi Wan Kenobi. I’ve purchased a custom dress for Princess Leia and new gloved hands for my Star Wars Darth Vader. I’ve made numerous mods and spent hours futzing each Star Wars character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only collect HT/SSC SW so I feel you guys on all these mods, repaints, water treatments, and custom helmets/sculpts to make them look more off-the-screen. It just popped in my head while seeing everyone’s Palpatine repaints, “Are Marvel collector’s doing ANY of this to their ‘insert character here’ or is it just us SW collectors doing all these tweaks?” I understand that each collector has their own level (threshold?) for screen accuracy when it comes to one’s collection. I was just curious if the Marvel offerings needed as much... doesn’t even sound close! Thanks

Back