Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All in for this and any other Palpatine related stuff that Hot Toys release.

Still love my SS Emperor and Throne set but I have no doubt HT will really improve on all aspects.

It has to translate properly to a 1/6 fabric though. How fabric drapes on a figure is more important than making it thick just because the original was thick.

+1

To me it looked like SSC patterned the robes after the ROTS robes, not the ROTJ robes, maybe due to lack of proper reference.

I always remember that waffle print style fabric from ROTJ that the SCC was lacking. I had my figure posed sitting in his throne, and the robes wouldn't lay right, and didn't hang off him, they were just kinda. . . there. The ROTJ robes hung off the Emperor and really seemed to imply that he was skeletal under all that material.

Here's to hoping they include a sound feature complete with evil laugh and "do it" sound bits:pray:

+1

To me it looked like SSC patterned the robes after the ROTS robes, not the ROTJ robes, maybe due to lack of proper reference.

I always remember that waffle print style fabric from ROTJ that the SCC was lacking. I had my figure posed sitting in his throne, and the robes wouldn't lay right, and didn't hang off him, they were just kinda. . . there. The ROTJ robes hung off the Emperor and really seemed to imply that he was skeletal under all that material.
The Darth Sidious costume utilizes the same waffled fabric. The major disparities between oufits are the tailoring (the measurements of the hood and sleeves), the waist sash on the inner garments, and the boots.

Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor

Hi all, with the release of the ROTJ Luke, we get a slight better view of the Emperor figure that was teased before.

ROTJ_Vader_03.jpg

May be time to sell my Sideshow throne if thats the case.

I sold mine right after I got back from the Orlando Celebration... I figured the value on the Sideshow figure and throne would be plummeting. I did alright on them; I think I got around $500 for the set and my throne was loose w/o any packaging.

Back