Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm perfectly happy with my SS Exclusive, but I'm sure that the HT will be a superior sculpt. However, the price point will probably keep me away.

I redid the sculpt on the ss emperor I think I did a decent job and it looks better as well. IMG_0236.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 403
The other part of me isn't really shocked because this is a character where Sideshow really turned out a stunning and complete effort, and a bar has actually been set for Hot Toys.

For me, the Sideshow Emperor came out perfect, the rob tailoring, the sculpt, the paint could be bested but it wasn't bad by any means. I loved taking photos of it and I hated having to sell mine. I also loved having the throne and I'm quite curious to see if Hot Toys will venture into diorama type pieces for Star Wars with it, frankly I consider it as important an accessory to ROTJ Palpatine as anything. I'm sure HT will likely include Sith lightning hands knowing them, maybe even with LED powered arms to make it actually glow, and I'm sure an HT throne would have working lights.

But the overall figure needs to meet or exceed this.

Those shots you took were what originally pushed me over the edge to buy the Sideshow version. :) You really made the figure look as good as it possibly could.

In the end, as with many of Sideshow's offerings, the sculpt was too docile for my taste though. Even when relaxed, Palpatine always had an intense stare in his eyes.
I tried to achieve that with a slight resculpt and total repaint. I sold him off about 1.5 years ago, but for me, this is what HT needs to top for me to buy him.

Palpatine_comparison.jpg

IMG_1306_2.jpg

I'd like to see thinner material used for the HT version robe and I also know they'll do a bit better job on the sculpt and paint work than SS did.
Hopefully they'll offer a sculpt with a good grimace, like MaulFan mentioned, and some force hands.

Same here. The fabric of the robe is what ultimately made me sell mine, it just didn't match the rest of my collection anymore. Changing the body and redoing the inner robe was easy, but for the outer robe, I lacked the skill.

IMG_6674_small.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the full reveal. Other than the Sandtrooper Sergeant (waiting for that PO as well), this and potentially ROTJ Luke are the only figures I currently have in scope for potentially buying.

My ideal scene is to have him chasing rebel fools with lightning like in Battlefront.

YOU will all DIE as ONE! bzzzzzzzzzzhddjsjdhkgkshfgfk

I don't have any rebel soldiers tho

You did an exceptional job customizing Palps, agonistes. :clap Looks like what I'm hoping we get from HT.

I do have the two Emp sculpts coming that scottyb offered though. I plan on using just the clothes from SS and putting everything on a Slim.

My ideal scene is to have him chasing rebel fools with lightning like in Battlefront.

YOU will all DIE as ONE! bzzzzzzzzzzhddjsjdhkgkshfgfk

I don't have any rebel soldiers tho

I'm gonna have Palps spinning towards his enemies. It might be hard to capture that motion in one pose.

I'm gonna have Palps spinning towards his enemies. It might be hard to capture that motion in one pose.

And maybe I'll have mine melting to the ground like the Wicked Witch of the West when he's defeated.

Kidding aside, I'm thinking of getting this figure. I don't need him, but he's a big part of ROTJ and would look great with Vader and Luke.

I wish this pic was clearer but I love the posture of him so far. Good narrow shoulders. I think HT may be making the robe too thick though.
IMG_1104.JPG

The robe WAS thick! Go back and watch Jedi!

It has to translate properly to a 1/6 fabric though. How fabric drapes on a figure is more important than making it thick just because the original was thick.

EDIT: I forgot to add these - !!!!

:lol

It has to translate properly to a 1/6 fabric though. How fabric drapes on a figure is more important than making it thick just because the original was thick.

EDIT: I forgot to add these - !!!!

:lol

Yeah, but have you seen the sideshow one? It definitely isn't as thick as that one was.

Yeah, but have you seen the sideshow one? It definitely isn't as thick as that one was.

I've got a couple SS Palps. Defitely thick duds on him. I've used his robe to dry my car after washing it before. I can't say for sure if HT's is the same but it appears it may be on the thick side from the limited pics I've seen.

It looks awesome just in that blurry picture from a distance. Can't wait for this one.

How can people say they don't "need" the primary antagonist of the Star Wars films? Well, the ones that matter at any rate.

Back