Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessing comic con at the same time as luke. Howard likes to make it rain to announce his arrival.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a ROTJ Vader revealed along with Luke and have all 3 in one section of the display.

That's been my guess also for a while. It's certainly time for HT to crank out another Vader, though I expected ESB first... but with Luke Jedi and Emperor both partly revealed, seems pretty likely for ROTJ Vader... unless they go the SS route and do a merging of ESB/ROTJ Vader with partial and full reveal helmet. But knowing HT, they want to milk Vader so merging two potential versions doesn't seem like they're style.

Not to mention, HT are open to ideas and don't hold back on coming up with ways to get people to buy a certain figure. If they do Jedi before ESB with Vader, I'm sure they'd have something up their sleeve to give ESB enough appeal down the road. Sideshow doesn't go too far with accessories and dio pieces so they were limited by their ability to sell just a figure.

Yeah, but since they have t burn full reveal on ROTJ, they'll definitely need something extra for the ESB like you said. Maybe part of the carbon freezing chamber floor or something. His meditation chamber would be just too damn big.

See I am the opposite! I think the angry face is amazing and didn't rate the neutral face much!

Looking at those images above he looks amazing, but I'll be honest mine doesn't look that good so I am wondering if lighting / editing has played a part in makin the above photos look so good.

Same here, I totally prefer the grinning face over the regular. We also need to understand that the Emperor was never shown in the movies under direct light, he was always in some kind of shadows.

I had the SS Ex version of emperor, but sold a big chunk of my 1/6 SS Star Wars figures, mostly all the human characters since face sculpts were lacking back then, to a friend at retail (full price + S&H). At the time they weren't selling for too much over retail, even the EX versions. The emperor hadn't shipped yet but I told him he could have him when I got him since he missed the EX version. It was one of the better likenesses, but still wasn't great to me. The only ones I kept were Jedi Luke, being my favorite Luke and the very 1st SS 1/6 Star Wars figure, Darth Sidious/Senator Palps 2pk, and Assaj Ventress which will never see a HT version. I still have a bunch of the SS figs, but aliens (Jabba, throne, his creatures, Gamorrean Guard), droids and troopers (including Vader's and Fett). Most have never been displayed too, still NIB.

I think I'm interested in this, but the Jedi Luke & Royal Guard definitely take priority over the Emperor. I like the Darth Sidious outfit from ROTS better than the drab black cloak from the OT. I guess it depends on the price. I'd be more interested in this too if they made his throne.

SS version will look like a 70's mego toy compared to the HT version when it hits. Despite the nostalgia from SS fanboys. (SS version cane didn't even hit the ground right for scale. )

/truth /sorry

This along with Thrawn on his chair were the two big misses that I have in the SSC SW line, so I'll be buying this and hoping for his throne has well. The question is cost.

After seeing that HT was making him I opted to cash out on the Sideshow figure and throne before the value tanked.

I have every confidence HT will be able to improve upon what Sideshow offered. And if I'm wrong I can probably buy the figures back for less than what I sold them for :lol

SS version will look like a 70's mego toy compared to the HT version when it hits. Despite the nostalgia from SS fanboys. (SS version cane didn't even hit the ground right for scale. )

/truth /sorry

Of course. He was made 8 years ago in 2009!! And for $95. It's pretty much a given any new release by SS or HT will be superior to the previous one. People really need to stop comparing the new SS figures to the old one's. Unless it's only a couple years and a few dollars apart. The main question is if it's worth upgrading for up to as high as 4x the cost! (Original SS Maul $60, new SS Maul $240!! With NO accessories.. That's 4x the cost!!)

I don't think anyone will think their 2009 stock Corvette or Mustang will outperform the newer 2017 models.... :dunno

Not singling you out... Too many same comments in many threads for different figures...

My Sideshow Emperor looks great alongside the newer HT Star Wars figures. My preference is the angry sculpt, though. I haven't changed it since it was initially set up, so many years ago.

Good point regarding the cane being a little short but you just hunch him over a little more.

I pulled out my Sideshow Palpatine today since I haven't in a while. I'm fully confident Hot Toys can knock this out of the park. Even if ends up not being a perfect likeness like HT Obi Wan, I am super excited for this figure. Day zero preorder lol.

After seeing that HT was making him I opted to cash out on the Sideshow figure and throne before the value tanked.

I have every confidence HT will be able to improve upon what Sideshow offered. And if I'm wrong I can probably buy the figures back for less than what I sold them for :lol

I'm too lazy to bother doing that... The SS is good enough at the moment.

If there was ever a character that begs for 2 head sculpts and expressions.......this is it.

e57e1d2c611592200a37976424916a16.jpeg

db3f139f4b982fcf9dd1f0283fabae3c.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the hasbro 12 inch emperor cane which is taller and gave it to the sideshow Palps and kept the sideshow version in the box.

If there was ever a character that begs for 2 head sculpts and expressions.......this is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And there isn't much else you can include with him... cane, a few hands... that's it. 2nd head makes for a great item and it really made the Sideshow figure.

Who knows...maybe Howard Chan will be feeling good and include the Throne...I look at all of the stuff that comes with the post DX release of Sweeney Todd and am reminded that Hot Toys can still do DX quality releases without the DX label...wishful thinking but it would be nice...

SS Palps is awesome but never really dug the drape of the robes, short cane, and broad shoulders.
I sold it a couple of years ago for 4 bills. However, the face sculpt was one of SS's best.

Back