1/6 Hot Toys - PPS004 - Spiderman: Homecoming - Mark XLVII Power Pose Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just FYI, SSC doesn't collect deposits for items less than $199.99. I POed the PP Mk. 46 and noticed no deposit needed so cancelling for the MMS was No problem.

Yea, I know. But it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't released before they even announce a MMS version. It actually say June-Aug 17. So that would put me in yet another decision making situation.

Uhh, SSC did charge a NRD for this. It is a $19.00 NRD.

Okay, tricked myself into preordering and used the free Sideshow reward points. I would hate myself for missing the opportunity if this is the only version of 47 that Hot Toys makes. Plus this is a movie promo, so I'm afraid it might sell out. Hope I made the right decision.

Okay, tricked myself into preordering and used the free Sideshow reward points. I would hate myself for missing the opportunity if this is the only version of 47 that Hot Toys makes. Plus this is a movie promo, so I'm afraid it might sell out. Hope I made the right decision.

The bonus points also expire today... so you made a good choice.

I hope.. because I made the same choice.

The bonus points also expire today... so you made a good choice.

I hope.. because I made the same choice.

Good luck to us both.
I can sleep easy now... until the diecast comes out... and I'll end up getting both versions... then my wife will hate me and elbow me in my sleep...

I ordered as well because of the bonus points. I would have no interest in getting a diecast version of this, so the powerpose is a good cheaper option just to have this armor in my collection.

..The 46 came about as someone in the production said to add a bunch of arc reactors so it looks like extremis because fans want that. They aren't actually doing Ultimate, they aren't doing Extremis. They just fold in comic looks as it gives nerds something to clap about and gives the art team something to start with.

Right. I don't think anyone here thought they were actually doing "Extremis" or "Ultimate Iron Man". I think everyone understands that various comic designs are inspirational starting points for what they are doing in the films and have nothing really to do with the stories those comic elements they are using came from. Still, it is fun to see armors which seem to be significantly influenced design wise from specific comic armors. I personally would not have picked up the Mk33 if it didn't remind me of the Silver Centurion of the 80's comics. I know they weren't telling that story, and even though it shares the same name it's not narratively the same thing. The look was inspired by the comic and as a fan I appreciate it and purchased a representation of it even though many many people watching the movie would have had no idea of the potential meaning as it only lasted a minute and a half on film.

So when it comes to collecting I like the figures that have meaning for me both in terms of the movies and what inspired the various designs. I have the DC Mk III because I love the first Iron Man film and I love how it reminds me of the classic comic look. I have the MK 33 for similar reasons as I have already described. I have The DC Mk VI on pre-order because I love its appearance in IM2 and the Avengers, but also because of the Adi Granov influence (which he also contributed to the first IM movie) which most resembles Granov's comic version design wise introduced in Extremis comics (even though I know the Mk VI is in no way "Extremis" in IM2). I am also tempted to pick up the 46 because of it is clearly drawing inspiration from Bleeding Edge, even though I know it isn't actually trying to be that armor either.

So I get that the 47 is just an alternative paint app used to use existing CGI while also trying to show some "evolution". I get that paint may be inspired by the Ultimate comic, and I know that doesn't mean it IS somehow that armor. For me though, it isn't enough of a nod to the actual design of the ultimate comic to be interested in it as a figure. I am not saying the film makers did anything wrong with the design they used, they are trying to tell a story and present an Iron Man which serves that story; any coincidental design elements which serve as a call back to the comics is just gravy. But, when I am picking which armors I want a figure representation of the "gravy" factors in for me.

Okay, tricked myself into preordering and used the free Sideshow reward points...
I don't see the free rewards points explicitly mentioned anywhere on Sideshow's site (I am logged in, and I got the email saying I had the free rewards points, too). I can't tell how many free rewards points they gave me and I don't see it listed anywhere. How did you determine how many free points they gave you? I've looked all over my account and don't see them expressly mentioned anywhere.

I don't see the free rewards points explicitly mentioned anywhere on Sideshow's site (I am logged in, and I got the email saying I had the free rewards points, too). I can't tell how many free rewards points they gave me and I don't see it listed anywhere. How did you determine how many free points they gave you?

They gave us $10 worth. When you check out, go to the drop down list that has promo code/reward points and select reward points.

Thanks. I saw that option but wasn't sure if they were lumped in with my other points. Sounds like they were.

Everyone got $10?

I think they are lumped together. I used all my other points, so I only had the free $10 showing. I think it's $10 for everyone.

I wonder if this will also go up in price like they did. I wish I'd gotten Cap when I had the chance. Thankfully I picked up Scarlet Witch.

It's hard to say. IIRC both of those were already wait-listed by this time the day they went up. I managed to get both before they sold out... This is still available. I would imagine most people are waiting for the MMS or maybe these just aren't as limited.

I decided I don't need an MMS of 47 and ordered this. But if this is their go-to summer movie, I would anticipate another "Movie Promo" figure at some point.

Last edited:
Right. I don't think anyone here thought they were actually doing "Extremis" or "Ultimate Iron Man". I think everyone understands that various comic designs are inspirational starting points for what they are doing in the films and have nothing really to do with the stories those comic elements they are using came from. Still, it is fun to see armors which seem to be significantly influenced design wise from specific comic armors. I personally would not have picked up the Mk33 if it didn't remind me of the Silver Centurion of the 80's comics. I know they weren't telling that story, and even though it shares the same name it's not narratively the same thing. The look was inspired by the comic and as a fan I appreciate it and purchased a representation of it even though many many people watching the movie would have had no idea of the potential meaning as it only lasted a minute and a half on film.

So when it comes to collecting I like the figures that have meaning for me both in terms of the movies and what inspired the various designs. I have the DC Mk III because I love the first Iron Man film and I love how it reminds me of the classic comic look. I have the MK 33 for similar reasons as I have already described. I have The DC Mk VI on pre-order because I love its appearance in IM2 and the Avengers, but also because of the Adi Granov influence (which he also contributed to the first IM movie) which most resembles Granov's comic version design wise introduced in Extremis comics (even though I know the Mk VI is in no way "Extremis" in IM2). I am also tempted to pick up the 46 because of it is clearly drawing inspiration from Bleeding Edge, even though I know it isn't actually trying to be that armor either.

So I get that the 47 is just an alternative paint app used to use existing CGI while also trying to show some "evolution". I get that paint may be inspired by the Ultimate comic, and I know that doesn't mean it IS somehow that armor. For me though, it isn't enough of a nod to the actual design of the ultimate comic to be interested in it as a figure. I am not saying the film makers did anything wrong with the design they used, they are trying to tell a story and present an Iron Man which serves that story; any coincidental design elements which serve as a call back to the comics is just gravy. But, when I am picking which armors I want a figure representation of the "gravy" factors in for me.

Jaymas, I do believe we have finally (through the best way of communicating ideas, da intranets) come to an almost total agreement regarding the "comic nod" armors. The thing that just really bothered me was that it did seem Stark was heading toward the embedded nanotech armor in IM3 with the Extremis plot line but technologically hit a brick wall after the perfection of APPA suits (Mk. 41-47). If the nanotechnology was going to be introduced, I feel like that time has passed. Who knows though, maybe he gets spanked so hard by Thanos in Avengers 3 it makes him experiment to that level or higher. I can hope!

:hi5:

If they announce an MMS, so be it. I'll decide then which to keep on order, hopefully having seen Homecoming at that point.

In the meantime, jumped on this just in case. Given the licensing complexities with this film (Sony and Marvel sharing), I'd say all bets are off. While normally it would be a given that Iron Man in a movie = figures, I'm not sure I feel it's completely guaranteed here.

I wonder how many folks still buy every single HT figure related to iron man, it must be exhausting.

Back