1/6 Hot Toys - PPS004 - Spiderman: Homecoming - Mark XLVII Power Pose Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I'd like to see that.

IMG_7229.JPG

I love it. Clearly a nod the the Ultimate armor...

View attachment 337765

You know, as a "nod" to "the Ultimate armor" it just seems kind of lazy on the filmmakers part, though maybe Marvel didn't want investment made in a totally new armor for a Sony film. That paint scheme is so linked to the Ultimate armor it's a shame they didn't actually include some of the actual design elements beyond just the paint for the armor in the film.

To clarify, I don't think it's lazy just to repaint an existing armor design; half step upgrades are a reality in real life where internal aspects and functionality is upgraded and the only cosmetic change is a new paint job. We see this between the 42 and 43 and I am fine with it. But I do think it is lazy to miss an opportunity to honor a comic armor by just repainting an existing one. The 46 design is a true nod to the Bleeding Edge armor; repainting it as a supposed "nod" to the Ultimate armor just seems cheap.

You know, as a "nod" to "the Ultimate armor" it just seems kind of lazy on the filmmakers part, though maybe Marvel didn't want investment made in a totally new armor for a Sony film. That paint scheme is so linked to the Ultimate armor it's a shame they didn't actually include some of the actual design elements beyond just the paint for the armor in the film.

To clarify, I don't think it's lazy just to repaint an existing armor design; half step upgrades are a reality in real life where internal aspects and functionality is upgraded and the only cosmetic change is a new paint job. We see this between the 42 and 43 and I am fine with it. But I do think it is lazy to miss an opportunity to honor a comic armor by just repainting an existing one. The 46 design is a true "nod" to the Bleeding Edge armor; repainting it as a supposed "nod" to the Ultimate armor just seems cheap.

That's my problem with it. They could have at least tweaked the design of the helmet, face-plate or arc-reactor port a little bit to make it unique. Instead we get this. It doesn't look terrible, but it could have been better. But I do understand them not wanting to bother with that for a movie like this.

Ultimate armour colour scheme holds no sentimental value for me, and find the design rather unappealing here. Wouldn't expect the 47 to be a big seller, particularly not this PP version.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ultimate armour colour scheme holds no sentimental value for me, and find the design rather unappealing here. Wouldn't expect the 47 to be a big seller, particularly not this PP version.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

When it looks like an unfinished MK 46, who would be interested?

I remember how this totally wasn't gonna happen, lol.

tumblr_inline_o0dx1fzzIW1r19lhp_500.gif

I was worried they wouldn't make an iron man for the Spider-Man movie seeing as they didn't make spidey for civil war. I know that iron man is a huge seller but is anyone worried about the Sony/marvel license agreements? Perhaps this might be the only iron man from homecoming?

Bizarrely all the other Iron Man figures for the movie so far are only being released in box sets, not unlike Spider-Man last year.

This is the first Iron Man I can definitively say:

DO NOT WANT!

And I'm not even mad cause my wallet is for sure happy! :yess:

Yeah, unless you're a particularly big fan of the Ultimate colour scheme or you want to complete the Homecoming line I don't really see the attraction.
I'm not interested myself, but I imagine there are some fans out there who fit the criteria you mention.

Back