Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Infinty War - Star-Lord

I want those boots

Me too!

I'm not going to preorder... but in the early months of 2021 -- yes, the next decade -- I will be hunting this down for a deal.

$251 plus shipping for a reissue is a bit much... Not enough there.

I agree. Ridiculous price. Clearly they think its a bargain for people willing to pay $500 on ebay... but I think those people, the people with $500 for Star-Lord, have already got what they wanted.

Not too surprised to see this. Would have gotten more bites if they did a new sculpt I think. I would have been interested if it was a more barebones release with a corresponding price.

Is this version better than the previous GOTG 2 :dunno

The price is what it is. It’s high but not completely unexpected.

Is this version better than the previous GOTG 2 :dunno

That's tough. GOTG v2 has A LOT more stuff included: long coat, Walkman, scarf, necklaces, gloved hands, extra shirt, etc

But this one gives him back his rocket boots. I hated that they took away those signature boots so obviously in Vol. 2 just so the Yondu death bit would work.

I have V1 and V2, so not in need of another Star-Lord at this point.

I would like to see a new Falcon release as I don't have that character yet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The bubbles are a nice touch, but clear plastic would’ve been nicer. Looks pretty obviously fake

The bubbles are a nice touch, but clear plastic would’ve been nicer. Looks pretty obviously fake

I never use those plastic magic/lightning accesories on any of my figures anymore they just never looked right to me. The bubbles would look better on a statue IMO.

Way too high for essentially a reissue and some new accessories. I’m holding out hope that Vol.3 Starlord has a costume like Rockets in Endgame. Otherwise, and I might be in the minority, I think is still like the first version the best. Anything else needed can be found parted out.

I already have 3 Star Lords, would only be interested in another one if it was significantly different from the others.

As fun as the bubbles look, the fact they make their appearance in such a dark and heartbreaking scene between Star-Lord and Gamora makes them something I probably wouldn't want to use. And it's gonna be weird now seeing people create all these fun, lighthearted poses with the things. :lol

Very curious to see if this one actually ever gets put up for PO. It’s essentially a rehash of the Vol 2 with slight changes.

exactly, which begs the question why did it take so long to release? LOL

Maybe they could have just done an accessories pack with the infinity war accessories and called it a day.

exactly, which begs the question why did it take so long to release? LOL

Maybe they could have just done an accessories pack with the infinity war accessories and called it a day.

They probably had no plans on doing an IW Star-Lord...sat on it and then said F it, let's milk it while we can...hence the very long wait for a figure that's nothing more than a re-release.

If they had intentions on releasing this it probably would be coming out way earlier, but since it's most likely an afterthought that's why the release date is soooo long away.

If you could have this figure tmrw for 500, would you get it? Or would you wait a year and a half to get it at half price? Im the type that would probably go with the former.

Back