Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both V1 and V2 so I can't see any reason to get this one, as I can already create almost any conceivable combination. If the sculpt was Yondu quality I'd consider picking it up loose, but that's not the case. Still, this finally releasing is good news for those who missed out on him in the past. :clap

Yeah, you are set with absolutely everything. If you really need it, you can pick up the bubble gun loose.

I never managed to snag the v2 for what I thought was a reasonable price... but I expect I will with this one. Despite the fact that HT made very few of these probably, I still think most everyone has their Starlord, so the price should drop on this by Christmas.

I also missed out on the Vol. 2 one, so I already have this one on pre-order. I'm glad it looks like he turned out well.

Hopefully the inevitable Vol. 3 one comes loaded with accessories, though that one won't be out until 2023 at the earliest.

Actually, I just realized that the pants are NOT the v1 pants but are in fact a completely new v3 pair unique to IW.

The jacket is the same as GOTG2 though.

Actually, I just realized that the pants are NOT the v1 pants but are in fact a completely new v3 pair unique to IW.

The jacket is the same as GOTG2 though.

The jacket is new to me, it's looser, thinner and doesn't bunch up at the back.

I'm still a big fan of the long jacket so my Vol2 isn't going anywhere.

Wonder what they'll change for GotG 3 outfits ?

I'm still holding out for Drax and Mantis my favourite wierd couple !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have it?

Got these off Hot Toy's FB page. Definitely is a new jacket, the V2 one is too tight for any sort of dynamic posing.

117686783_10157430127442344_1128536790204851173_o.jpg

117212047_10157430127712344_1307189875291960840_o.jpg

hot-toys-star-lord-deluxe-6-scale_1_c8c3c36c8e94aa341eb9267dcc0952db.jpg

I'll probably get this even though I have the v2. My v2 has the helmet and long coat on at the moment. The only accessory i dont understand is the bubble gun add on, it was in the movie but is anyone planning on using this?

IDK, I have my V2 posed with both both guns drawn, arms extended forward at chest height and the jacket isn't riding up or bunching. Not an extreme pose, but the jacket doesn't look to be significantly tighter than in those photos. Maybe we'll see some side-by-side comparisons soon to confirm one way or the other...

Thinking about getting IW Star-Lord and Endgame Rocket, however, maybe it will be better to wait for GOTG 3 releases instead with more or better accessories? What you guys think, I am not in a hurry.

Thinking about getting IW Star-Lord and Endgame Rocket, however, maybe it will be better to wait for GOTG 3 releases instead with more or better accessories? What you guys think, I am not in a hurry.

Depends a bit on how quickly you want/need them. No doubt they'll want to swap up their looks a bit in the final movie.

Personally I just want a new Drax from GotG 3. Oh and Mantis.

Depends a bit on how quickly you want/need them. No doubt they'll want to swap up their looks a bit in the final movie.

Personally I just want a new Drax from GotG 3. Oh and Mantis.

I am not in the hurry and I try to be patient when I know another movie is in the works.

I just started collecting and have around 12 pre-orders (few IW, many Endgame, Far From Home, Cable). But so far zero Guardians of the Galaxy figures even when it is my most favorite team. The previous solo movie figures are just too expensive so I decided to wait.

Endgame rocket looks really nice and I am able to get him cheap but I am somewhat sad about lack of neutral head sculpt and lack of some big iconic weapon. Star-Lord is also looking great from the early previews but has no interesting accessories (long coat, headphones) and I do not care about IW related accessories.

I went back and forth on Endgame Rocket. I really like the look of his costume for that one but I don't like the screaming sculpt, so I ultimately passed and am hoping that Vol. 3 one turns out well. I thought Rocket screaming while everyone else looked neutral next to him on my shelf would look goofy.

Right now I have Nebula, Gamora, and this Star-Lord on pre-order. Hopefully by the time they finish producing Vol. 3 figures I'll be able to round out my team with Drax, Mantis, Rocket, and Groot. I'd also definitely pick-up Yondu if they ever re-released him.

I went back and forth on Endgame Rocket. I really like the look of his costume for that one but I don't like the screaming sculpt, so I ultimately passed and am hoping that Vol. 3 one turns out well. I thought Rocket screaming while everyone else looked neutral next to him on my shelf would look goofy.

Right now I have Nebula, Gamora, and this Star-Lord on pre-order. Hopefully by the time they finish producing Vol. 3 figures I'll be able to round out my team with Drax, Mantis, Rocket, and Groot. I'd also definitely pick-up Yondu if they ever re-released him.

Yeah I can totally understand people not wanting a screaming Endgame Rocket. I guess it's more for those also getting the Iron Patriot. Then it would fit.

I luckily started relatively early on the Guardians. But have been holding out on and informing Hot Toys we need a new Drax with beefier upper body. Maybe we'll get lucky ?

My only concern is that people probably haven't shown much interest at cons etc for the IW version prototype. So they probably think this signifies generally low interest in the character so as not to justify a new upper body and the expense which goes with that.

What I just can't understand is that they did new body for Hellboy. So perhaps there is a ray of hope.

Back