Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Infinty War - Star-Lord

I own both SL figures. Love the character, but there is no wow factor on getting this one. Still awesome for the ones who missed out.

My 'wow' factor is that I have a complete Guardians display... with no Star-Lord.

I've been patiently waiting for this release.

My 'wow' factor is that I have a complete Guardians display... with no Star-Lord.

And that, is a great wow factor!
Just like how I'm waiting for Scarlet Witch

they teased the Scarlet figure with more orange-colored hair for Infinity War some time ago. Maybe they will end up releasing her as well.

Oh, I missed that. Good to hear. I'm sure hot toys would release one. With all the rehash figures they are doing.

I just figured the focus would be more on Endgame is all. Plus the fact that Guardians 3 is coming soon I just figured they’d skip most of the Guardians. Groot seemed like an exception because his character changed the most in terms of his look, and Rocket goes with him so it made sense to pack them together. Curious if we’ll get Drax and Gamora as well (especially since Gamora has a figure upcoming). Either way I might get this so it’s not like I care. I was just surprised by it.

I think any of the characters not made from Infinity War that returned for the final
Battle are essentially endgame characters. Same costume, look, so I expect to see the other teases IW figures intermixed with endgame for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I missed that. Good to hear. I'm sure hot toys would release one. With all the rehash figures they are doing.

1125x682_previewbanner_903731_ScarletWitchFig.jpg

Yep, she looks pretty good. I would love to have a version that comes with an angry head sculpt lol

I wonder if we're seeing more "rehashed" figures than usual from HT as an insurance policy against possible tariffs in the future?

A mostly reuse figure sold for the same or slightly higher price seems like a good way to build in profit rather than constantly raising your prices on completely new figures.

1530 HKD = $195.50.... does Sideshow mark up more than $50?

I figured this reissue would be about $225-$235

Previous figures like Alita that went for that amount in HKD were all $251 at Sideshow, so unless they arbitrarily chose this week to be charitable to us...

Previous figures like Alita that went for that amount in HKD were all $251 at Sideshow, so unless they arbitrarily chose this week to be charitable to us...

That sucks if that's their price-point... especially since that was the price of the original deluxe Star-Lord v2 which came with a lot more stuff.

If this new addition drives v2 prices back into the $300s it might be worth it to get the deluxe v2 and just pick up the loose v3 rocket boots.

I was more surprised to get another Infinity War release over a year after it came out. The others that they’ve done re-released were straight reissues but this one while reused has some differences over the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 version.

I don’t really see it as greed either. There’s a demand in the market and they’re filling that rather than allowing resellers to make big profits on sold out figures. It makes sense from Hot Toys’ perspective.

So many figures people are waiting for and hot toys extreme and irrational greed had them looking at eBay listings and planning their releases on that instead of focusing on clearing the huge backlog of figure people already paid deposits on. Instead of giving us new never released figures they are desperately chasing the dollars they see being spent in the aftermarket

My gaping hole is Drax......but I am patient as you have been for this Star lord.

Are they ever going to release another Drax? They had the prototype with blue pants out for ages...

I hope so ! But only, and really only if they change the upper body to a bigger Bautista like body. If they could do a body like Hellboy that would be what would sell figures and make people upgrade. Only a different colour pair of pants and it'll be very poor sales I think.

So many figures people are waiting for and hot toys extreme and irrational greed had them looking at eBay listings and planning their releases on that instead of focusing on clearing the huge backlog of figure people already paid deposits on. Instead of giving us new never released figures they are desperately chasing the dollars they see being spent in the aftermarket

One can't really fault them for revisiting a figure whose previous two releases have sold out. They are in the business of making money after all. And there seem to be plenty of folks who missed out previously & are excited to get this one, so it's not as if it's unwelcome. Plus, putting this up for order doesn't mean it will be pushed ahead of other figures already in the production pipeline. Now I agree, all new, never released figures would be preferable to most people, but given that they've released quite a few this year already I'm not going to get bent out of shape because of a couple of quick cash grabs like this and the Spidey reissue,

It’s business. If something that was produced by them is selling in the aftermarket there’s obviously a demand there for them to fill. Why would they let potential profit go to resellers instead? Frankly I’m surprised it seems like more recently they’ve wised up to this.

I thought this might be a quick turnaround. Guess I’m in no rush to pre-order if it’s a year and a half away.

Not out until 2021 practically I'll hold on to my Vol 2, PO the IW version then sell the Vol 2 when I get the IW(if I can sell the Vol 2 that is).

Since I have like a year and a half to think about it, I'll wait on this one.

Back