Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you could have this figure tmrw for 500, would you get it? Or would you wait a year and a half to get it at half price? Im the type that would probably go with the former.

Don’t worry, there’s people who will pay 500 just to have it a month earlier than everyone because they have to have their toys before everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are always figure overlaps. Ragnarok Loki for instance was announced one, maybe two movies after Ragnarok… I'm a little surprised with Infinity/Endgame overlapping though, given they are such large ensemble movies.

Don’t worry, there’s people who will pay 500 just to have it a month earlier than everyone because they have to have their toys before everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ This. People were still paying $500 plus for the 1st Dr Strange after IW Dr Strange went up for PO.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Way too high for essentially a reissue and some new accessories. I’m holding out hope that Vol.3 Starlord has a costume like Rockets in Endgame. Otherwise, and I might be in the minority, I think is still like the first version the best. Anything else needed can be found parted out.

I agree totally!!
I have the GOTG version which I am really happy with. However if GOTG vol 3 or 4 has that costume I will probably have to get it

starlord infinity war is released!

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 1.42.43 AM.jpg

Seems really odd that none of the production shots they shared have Gamora in them... I know she wasn't an Infinity War figure, but I would've thought for sure she'd be in the pcitures from the scene on Knowhere. I don't know what it means, but still waiting for her to appear.

Seems really odd that none of the production shots they shared have Gamora in them... I know she wasn't an Infinity War figure, but I would've thought for sure she'd be in the pcitures from the scene on Knowhere. I don't know what it means, but still waiting for her to appear.

I don't believe Hot Toys ever gives out unreleased figures to the bloggers for these shoots. If they show other figures they're likely their own.

This came out well, though I'm still partial to the vol. 2. I can't unsee how oversized the activating helmet is now though, too bad they didn't integrate that into a different sculpt.

I don't believe Hot Toys ever gives out unreleased figures to the bloggers for these shoots. If they show other figures they're likely their own.

This came out well, though I'm still partial to the vol. 2. I can't unsee how oversized the activating helmet is now though, too bad they didn't integrate that into a different sculpt.

Yeah, too bad on the activating helmet as that had potential to be a really cool look. I'll wait to have it in hand to see for sure how oversized it looks. I think the sculpt is really good though, so unhelmeted would probably be the way to go.

I’m happy with the GOTG Vol 2 version, but I’ll probably pick up the head sculpt so I can have a star lord that’s not staring to the left all the time. Also the T-Shirt underneath the jacket looks different. Can anyone confirm it’s the same as GOTG 2 or not?

I am so excited to see this! The one GOTG character I've been holding off for...

I'm disappointed that he has the same maroon pants as v2. They should be dark grey.

Great paint app, but the Vol. 2 Deluxe version is clearly the winner...not these IW accessories, which are totally unnecessary and lame in my opinion.

That's the same jacket as V2, right? The fabric parts look more obvious there, but I think it's just the lighting...

I would imagine it is entirely the same jacket from v2 - the change is that they have used the v1 pants but dyed them maroon. Strange, because the pants were gray in IF.

v2 is definitely the best bang for the buck. You get everything. But I always wanted the rocket boots, which was the only damn thing the v2 didn't have.

For me, rocket boots and short jacket.

I’m still stoked with my OG Star Lord from the first Guardians. He is a great figure imo. My first ever Hot Toy... so there is significant sentimental value too :love

I would imagine it is entirely the same jacket from v2 - the change is that they have used the v1 pants but dyed them maroon. Strange, because the pants were gray in IF.

v2 is definitely the best bang for the buck. You get everything. But I always wanted the rocket boots, which was the only damn thing the v2 didn't have.

For me, rocket boots and short jacket.

I have both V1 and V2 so I can't see any reason to get this one, as I can already create almost any conceivable combination. If the sculpt was Yondu quality I'd consider picking it up loose, but that's not the case. Still, this finally releasing is good news for those who missed out on him in the past. :clap

Back