Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Infinty War - Star-Lord

I mean I have the Vol 2 one. I am keeping that, and have it displayed for my IW display. For people that missed that figure this looks great, but overall its basically a reissue, losing a lot of accessories, but gaining a few back.

Probably going to sell my Vol 2 Star Lord and grab this ... I’d much rather have the IW accessories since I don’t use any of Vol 2’s. Late 2020 though ... ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this might be a quick turnaround. Guess I’m in no rush to pre-order if it’s a year and a half away.

Since I have like a year and a half to think about it, I'll wait on this one.

Yeah, I'm the same. The hefty price tag isn't making me eager to PO... which might mean a lower number of these gets made, but that's fine. Even if this gets released on time, I won't have it until Feb 2021... we'll have a new President by that time.

I’ll bite just to round out my infinity war collection. But for those collectors buying this figure because you missed out on the vol2 I’d wait. This has a long release date and the GOTG VOL3 movie will be out around that time. It’s James Gunn last movie at marvel before he goes to overseeing the whole DCEU. Starlord and all the characters will have upgraded looked for the send off.

Holy **** why not re-release every damn figure with an ounce of resale value left? What are the top five or so Hot Toys figures with the highest prices nowadays? I barely keep track because I rarely sell anything.

Yeah, I'm the same. The hefty price tag isn't making me eager to PO... which might mean a lower number of these gets made, but that's fine. Even if this gets released on time, I won't have it until Feb 2021... we'll have a new President by that time.

I have V1 with with the HS and a couple other parts from V2 but was thinking about getting this but the really long wait has killed any excitement for this. I will wait and maybe order it when it releases.

Glad for those who missed Star-Lord. This has very little to offer people who own Vol.2. I'm shocked they didn't rework the headsculpt because a lot of people would have purchased for that.

My 'wow' factor is that I have a complete Guardians display... with no Star-Lord.

I've been patiently waiting for this release.

Glad for those who missed Star-Lord. This has very little to offer people who own Vol.2. I'm shocked they didn't rework the headsculpt because a lot of people would have purchased for that.

Yeah like the old "identical sculpt with eyes looking to the left" sculpt.

When I saw this early this morning I was somewhat excited since the only Guardian I have is Gamora, but I just checked the price and the wait and am no longer interested. I don't get these extremely long waits. In a year and a half who knows where I'll be? I may not want any figures at all by that time.

Looking at the accessories, I love the portal. Really needs a bird-flipping hand. “Boom!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean I have the Vol 2 one. I am keeping that, and have it displayed for my IW display. For people that missed that figure this looks great, but overall its basically a reissue, losing a lot of accessories, but gaining a few back.

My feelings exactly.

This figure look great, however, I love my GOTG vol 2. version, he is fantastic and since I am trying to limit myself to one representation of each character in my collection there is no reason to supplant my GOTG vol 2 figure for this one.

That said I am sure plenty of other people will find a good place for this in their collections

I decided I’m going to buy him for the boots, base and accys and will part out and sell the rest. I want those boots

Back