Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Nice for those who don’t have Starlord.

I'll wait for a Vol 3 version, but congrats for everyone having another chance to grab a short-jacket Star-Lord

Is this short jacket (and pretty much the rest of the figure itself) exactly the same as GotG V2 version. It looks like it. Except boots of course.

64332739_10156306058557344_7425005282251505664_o.jpg

Why are people still surprised hot toys will look at eBay prices and release basically the same figure in a greedy desperate attempt to grab at the cash?
I was more surprised to get another Infinity War release over a year after it came out. The others that they’ve done re-released were straight reissues but this one while reused has some differences over the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 version.

I don’t really see it as greed either. There’s a demand in the market and they’re filling that rather than allowing resellers to make big profits on sold out figures. It makes sense from Hot Toys’ perspective.

We got the Krennic from Rogue One preorder a full 2 years after the movie came out for release and it'll be about 3 years until it's actually released. And the MCU movies are way more popular, plus Star-Lord won't be in another movie for like 2 years? They've gotta take advantage.

We got the Krennic from Rogue One preorder a full 2 years after the movie came out for release and it'll be about 3 years until it's actually released. And the MCU movies are way more popular, plus Star-Lord won't be in another movie for like 2 years? They've gotta take advantage.

I agree. For these big popular movies there is really no rule as far as time. I mean we are getting PT & OT Star Wars figures. How many years after the fact is that ?

QUESTION 1: Why?

ANSWER 1: Hot Toys loves Marvel

QUESTION 2: Why so late?

ANSWER 2: Hot Toys loves Marvel

QUESTION 3: Isn't there another Guardians movie slated for 2021 or 2022?

ANSWER 3: Yes....and you'll get a figure solicited at that time as well (or a year later).

QUESTION 4: Wouldn't it be better to work on something like, I don't know....A member of the Black Order? Black Manta? Vulture?

ANSWER 4: Stay tuned for Iron Man Mark ??????????

QUESTION 1: Why?

ANSWER 1: Hot Toys loves Marvel

QUESTION 2: Why so late?

ANSWER 2: Hot Toys loves Marvel

QUESTION 3: Isn't there another Guardians movie slated for 2021 or 2022?

ANSWER 3: Yes....and you'll get a figure solicited at that time as well (or a year later).

QUESTION 4: Wouldn't it be better to work on something like, I don't know....A member of the Black Order? Black Manta? Vulture?

ANSWER 4: Stay tuned for Iron Man Mark XX!!!!!!

They already made Mark XX. Python. :rotfl

I just figured the focus would be more on Endgame is all. Plus the fact that Guardians 3 is coming soon I just figured they’d skip most of the Guardians. Groot seemed like an exception because his character changed the most in terms of his look, and Rocket goes with him so it made sense to pack them together. Curious if we’ll get Drax and Gamora as well (especially since Gamora has a figure upcoming). Either way I might get this so it’s not like I care. I was just surprised by it.

Glad I never bit the bullet on a super-expensive after-market GOTG V2 SL for my Infinity War collection. I already have the deluxe I got at retail for my GOTG V2 hero lineup, but really wanted one for the 'Battle on Titan' display with Thanos, Iron Spider, Doctor Strange and Iron Man - now I can do just that! And with the rocket boots and Strange magic circle 'stepping stones' too! :yess:

Man that head does NOT look like Chris Pratt.

Also, with that release date, I'd rather just wait for Vol.3 Star-Lord.

Yeah I was just thinking the same - that’s not a good head sculpt. Just seen JCHongs painting of it on Instagram.

Until recently I’d been trying to find myself a V2 head-sculpt to update my V1 figure, but I don’t think I’ll bother now.

Glad I never bit the bullet on a super-expensive after-market GOTG V2 SL for my Infinity War collection. I already have the deluxe I got at retail for my GOTG V2 hero lineup, but really wanted one for the 'Battle on Titan' display with Thanos, Iron Spider, Doctor Strange and Iron Man - now I can do just that! And with the rocket boots and Strange magic circle 'stepping stones' too! :yess:

Just missing a proper Drax...

Unpopular opinion, but having both and then seeing this one, I still think Vol. 1 is the best Starlord. Coat fits way better, has better weathering, pants are a better color, has much cooler rocket boots, and the head sculpt has more personality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unpopular opinion, but having both and then seeing this one, I still think Vol. 1 is the best Starlord. Coat fits way better, has better weathering, pants are a better color, has much cooler rocket boots, and the head sculpt has more personality.

I'm with you. This figure is cool, but I'm sticking with my V1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the V2/IW sculpt is a better portrait, but I do think the V1 is the best outfit/look.

I own both SL figures. Love the character, but there is no wow factor on getting this one. Still awesome for the ones who missed out.

Back