Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Yeah the pants should definitely be a whole lot darker and grayer, although there does still appear to be a hint of red in the EW pic.

If this was more accurate I'd probably trade in my Vol2, since I prefer the grayer pants and rocket boots, but as it stands it just doesn't seem worth the trouble. And the Vol2 does at least give me a lot more display options than this one would. These new accessories might be kinda fun but I really doubt I'd use them.

avengers-infinity-war-thor-star-lord-nebula-n4-2560x1700.jpg

Avengers-Infinity-War-EW-covers-avengers-infinity-war-1-and-2-41311724-1800-2399.jpg

Definitely wasn't expecting this...great news for those who didn't manage to get the Vol. 2 figure. If it's similarly priced to the Tech Suit re-issue, I might grab it for the repainted HS and accessories.

They also darkened up his stubble a lot more on the sculpt which I like. But im happy with my deluxe. Tho id love a way to get those rocket boots and glue em on to mine lol

I will probably only get this one since I returned Vol. 2 due to the slightest of neck stain issue...however I feel like Vol. 2 def offers more value in terms of accessories/looks than this Vol. 3 version will provide. I really don't care for any of the IW accessories...the bubbles, the Strange stepping plates, the Iron Man magnet...I will legit not be using ANY of those...and the gray shirt he has underneath is kinda blah compared to the cool alien writing one he had for Vol. 2.

I wanna say that this one will cost around low $200 due to FFH Spidey re-release being cheaper...but who knows how HT operates...hopefully this one is cheaper cause then I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger despite the lack of appealing accessories.

I'd like a Star-Lord but I definitely want him to have walkman etc for his look and probably the coat. But this is probably the cheapest way to get the base everything, so may get it.

The one thing I will miss from the earlier offerings is Star-Lord's Walkman and headset. Not happy they didn't include that.

If this was more accurate I'd probably trade in my Vol2, since I prefer the grayer pants and rocket boots, but as it stands it just doesn't seem worth the trouble. And the Vol2 does at least give me a lot more display options than this one would. These new accessories might be kinda fun but I really doubt I'd use them.

If you have v2, then no reason to get this one. Maybe snatch the boots when the sets are broken up.

We'll have to see if HT gets sloppy with this release in regards to painting, but I actually like the eyes to one side on the v2 head sculpt.

What's up with the v2 eyes? This looks like the exact same sculpt.

Yeah, like Bjjer said, the V2 eyes are not looking straight ahead. I’m not a fan of HT doing that since it really limits how you can pose figures.

Honestly the sculpt has never really worked for me and I hardly ever use it. Especially when the helmet looks so much cooler anyway.

Honestly the sculpt has never really worked for me and I hardly ever use it. Especially when the helmet looks so much cooler anyway.

I'll definitely have a hard time trying to figure out which head to use, that's for sure. I even like the half-activated helmet.

At least I don't have to worry about the long coat or short coat choice.

Spidey and now Star-Lord. I’m totally expecting that IW Scarlet Witch any day now as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, the release date on this one is quite far out...

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2020 – Q1, 2021

A couple of thoughts:

The dude that made the slingring portal decal should have trademarked his idea, i dont recall the thread it was in but this looks like a straight ripoff of his idea.

I realize hot toys is looking to make 251 + off of what is mostly reissued, but if they were going to make an accessory pack for a figure it should have just been the accessories that come with this, but for the GOTG2 figure.

Besides all of that, I'm a little relieved by this release because i almost bought the GOTG2 pants, belt, and boots just yesterday for $100 to make another quill figure. the deluxe vol2 figure is almost 2 figures, but those boots are pretty hard to find. So I'm probably in for ordering this.

Damn, the pants are bad on this. The Vol 2 has almost maroon pants but these are pretty much scarlet. Way off, Hot Toys.

Spidey and now Star-Lord. I’m totally expecting that IW Scarlet Witch any day now as well.

That was exactly what I was thinking when I saw this. I was lucky enough to get the CW version right before the price exploded, but $600 is outrageous. She seems right in line with Star Lord and Tech Suit Spidey to get another release. Especially after Endgame, an orange haired version would be great, be it from IW or EG.

Yeah I was tempted to pick up this head sculpt for the Vol 2 one along with maybe the foot mandalas but I don’t really need the new paint since I’m not really a fan of the sculpt itself.

Man, the release date on this one is quite far out...

Release date: Approximately Q4, 2020 – Q1, 2021

I think 2021 is when the next GotG film is supposed to come out. So there might be a better one up for PO shortly after this is in hand........it never ends.

Back