1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
salut mattjack :) Bienvenue sur le side"freak"show forum !

Yes, you can def. pose her like she is walking. The only thing is, if you try to put her on a shelf like this, you should use a stand. She won't hold up to good by herself.

I do have Gamora and no problems so far, with the arms. I don't pose her for a long time, with "bent arms" though. You can't go wrong with this Black Widow version. She is beautiful and has great likeness. So grab her, while you can...but be assured...this won't be the last figure you will buy! ...muhahahahaha :-D

@dursocapjr78 , @ Sassafras , thanks for your kind words! :) glad, if i get you a little bit inspired!
@drawbak, thank your sir, yes the top and sleeves are from DAMToys Combat Girl Series Gemini. The Body is Scarlet Witch from Hot Toys

@OneSixFix : Thanks for the answer. I suppose I'll need a stand but I just wanted to know the possibilites. Maybe I'll buy some other figures, I'll see in the future. They are not cheap and I actually already collect some 6" figures, cheaper, to do some customs. But some Hot Toys figures make me want to have them.

The thing that creeps me out with Gamora is this review :

https://radtoyreview.com/2015/05/04/hot-toys-gamora-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

According to what the reviewer say, posing the figure like we can see on the photos was enough to make the rubber peel off. That's pretty creepy for me.
I think I'll avoid the figures that use rubber skin. I'm not a fan.

Hello everyone !
This is my first post here but I've been looking to this forum for a long time.
First thing, I apologize for my English, I'm from France and english is...well...not my first language obviously.

I read a good part of this topic to help me decide if I'll buy this Widow figure. I don't own any Hot toys figure yet but I really want at least one for a long time. I was wondering if I would go for the Gamora one, looked a ton a reviews of her, but the rubbery thing that makes the arms not bendable is a huge turn off for me.
And the Widows ones always seemed like they missed something in the likeness of Scarlet. This one seems pretty godd though.

But I have a question. I read that the suit is limiting the posability, but is it possible for example to "cross" her legs as if she was walking ? I don't know how to explain it very well but for example it seems possible for Gamora to have one leg in front of the other to gave the illusion that she is walking.
I don't know if I can put a link to a photo to show what I'm talking about but...is Widow stuck in a museum pose in the legs or is it possible to do this ? Nobody seems to gave her this kind of poses in the reviews.

Thanks.

Hi Mattjack! Welcome:)! For myself since I waited so long to get this one - and I quite like my Winter Soldier Black Widow - I think this is a very good choice:love! For me there is just a feeling of quality about the CW Black Widow - as Hot Toys go - at least on mine, she has very good stitching, beautiful paint, good tight joints. To me, she is elegant, really.

I am not sure what you mean re the pose? It is true, as far as I can tell, like many HTs the costume and material does cause some restriction. To me, the cloth part of her costume feels like a very good stretch cloth - like a bathing suit or maybe like athlete gear. It is not thin and cheap. But I think, out of the box, as cloth goes, I think it will "relax" a bit in time. I know folks worry about cloth stretching out and never stretching back:dunno, but I think the cloth easing a little will help in time with this figure.

I am not a great "pose" person and still learning - there are good vids on posing. Here are some quick cell shots with a bent leg and various stands:

CW_BW_SW1.jpg

CW_BW_SW2.jpg

But as OneSix says about stands, you will probably have to cheat with a stand or a shelf corner or something. For me, I have found a stand-alone pose also depends a lot on the fig's shoes - LOL that is probably obvious:lol. Hope you can get this BW she really is a beauty:):clap! PS. About Gamora tho there's discussion in the Thor thread and some say also Gamora has thin arms which may add to the issue? Not saying that is OK tho re Gamora. I am getting a Thor w. rubber arms anyway.

CW_BW_SW3.jpg

Thank you for the pics.
Concerning the pose, I was just wondering if it's possible to do what you can see in this picture of Gamora :

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/fe/0a/07/fe0a072369ed5d7a69c0d1f083b72c3a--hot-toys-action-figures.jpg

Some figures have their legs stuck "outspread". For example on many 6" figures, you can't put a leg in front of the other because of the crotch piece that restrict movement. I'm not familiar with the articulations of Hot Toys figures because...I have none yet^^

If I can find a cheap Gamora, I'll buy it but the rubber thing is too much of a problem for me to justify the current price on ebay.

Thank you for the pics.
Concerning the pose, I was just wondering if it's possible to do what you can see in this picture of Gamora :

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/fe/0a/07/fe0a072369ed5d7a69c0d1f083b72c3a--hot-toys-action-figures.jpg

Some figures have their legs stuck "outspread". For example on many 6" figures, you can't put a leg in front of the other because of the crotch piece that restrict movement. I'm not familiar with the articulations of Hot Toys figures because...I have none yet^^

If I can find a cheap Gamora, I'll buy it but the rubber thing is too much of a problem for me to justify the current price on ebay.

LOL Mattjack you got me curious. With a very quick attempt - IMO for this CW Nastasha - you can't exactly duplicate the Gamora pose that you posted, because of the outfit restricting articulation at the thighs, waist and also these boots don't have an ankle joint. It's not the body, 'coz the kitbash Winter Soldier Natasha I keep messing with could do that pose easily, and so could SW (thinner stretchy pants). With the CW Natasha you can't pull one leg over the other at the upper thigh re the costume.

CW_BW_SW4.jpg

You CAN get a remarkable duplicate of ScarJo's look as she walks across the airport tarmac in the CW film and says "This is going to end well" LOL it was a bit creepy there for a second:lol. IMO this is a great fig when it looks like a movie still.:love

I just looked at my *manly* guy figs:cool: and tried with my CW Bucky (he can move pretty freely re the pants) - nope. There's a plastic torso and they all have those muscle thighs. But overall, IMO the HT bodies have pretty good articulation. A couple of poses I just haven't been able to pull off (thanks to the costumes) are Winter Soldier in a super crouched position with a gun (like some of the comic covers); and ScarJo and that pose from Iron Man 1 - the iconic pose when she is on the floor with leg stretched to the side.

I think I need a KO Widow in a nice stretchy KO bodysuit for that one.:dunno

Ok thanks for the pic. I guess it's good enough, even if it's not like Gamora's pose. Maybe it'll work with the thinner suit of the Avengers version of Black Widow. It would be great to put the head of the CW version on the Avengers body. But as much as I like to make custom figures, these ones are too expensive for that...

I have a really hard time deciding if I buy Gamora or BW. I guess I'll have to get both of them one day. But I need good feedback concerning Gamora. Too many reviewers disappointed have left me worried about the green lady.

Ok thanks for the pic. I guess it's good enough, even if it's not like Gamora's pose. Maybe it'll work with the thinner suit of the Avengers version of Black Widow. It would be great to put the head of the CW version on the Avengers body. But as much as I like to make custom figures, these ones are too expensive for that...

I have a really hard time deciding if I buy Gamora or BW. I guess I'll have to get both of them one day. But I need good feedback concerning Gamora. Too many reviewers disappointed have left me worried about the green lady.

Which version of Gamora are you refering to?. I have Gamora from GoG Vol 1, I'd love her, she is not as slim as Zoe, but has nice proportions, cool outfit, beatiful head sculpt. Just be careful with her arms, don't let them bended for long or they will break. BW CW is a MUST if you're fan of the character or CW/Avengers completist.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

ScarJo just tweeted that she just wrapped A4. It indicates that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Futzing rooted hair is a long and difficult process. Kind of hate the stuff, but I admit it looks great when you take more time than you’d care to admit on it.

I leave it and come back to it every little while. It’s been a work in progress getting it closer to on-screen; almost done now.

e1eece9d5612b5f304074323e272f1eb.jpg

a95caa49a6b71cd19ca82c03d4018086.jpg

Have to deal with some fly-aways in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks both! There is some product present in the hair, but over time it gets diluted by the water I add in small amounts to activate it, so I also add tiny amounts of gel diluted with water.

Back