1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To this day I can't begin to understand what they attempted with the AOU hairstyle. Its so bad, they could have gone sculpted. And its a real shame too, because the makeup work on that sculpt is way way better than WS, even being the same sculpt underneath.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

To this day I can't begin to understand what they attempted with the AOU hairstyle. Its so bad, they could have gone sculpted. And its a real shame too, because the makeup work on that sculpt is way way better than WS, even being the same sculpt underneath.

It's true/it's awful rooted hair. But also an easy fix. I also think it's a great sculpt. So I got a red hair kumik wig and switched it. Superglue and five minutes.

TWS and CW have (basically) the same outfit. I still haven't purchased CW but I've heard it comes with more weapons. So if you have that version but want it to look like TWS, all you have to do is change the head/hair peice. Pick up a WS knockoff and it will work. One of the things that has prevented me from buying CW is the long curly hair. Is it a pain to work with?
As I said in my previous post, TWS version is my fave Nat coz of the hair, not the face. That's why I want the CW Widow with TWS hair. ^^ If TWS head was as good as the CW one, I'd just get one parted out and change it but it isn't. The CW head sculpt is perfect and I don't necessarily need TWS outfit coz the CW one doesn't look too different. I really just want the CW head with TWS hair. :lol

DSC_0783-3c.jpg

And the CW hair is no pain at all. It's great and needs no fussing at all. Looks great right out of the box and I didn't have to mess with it once. :dunno

Nice pic!
Great picture.
:) Thank you! She's just so pretty, it's hard to take a bad pic.

Cool. Thank you all for answering. A1 and AOU to this day require work. From all the feedback, sounds like HTS did this one right top to bottom!!!!

Well, missed delivery yesterday but managed to get her in today:clap - well, OK, for me, even tho luv my TWS widow and that sleek assassin look - well, this CW Widow - for me, she's the one. Just beautiful:love. It's not like TWS is BAD (don't have any other to compare to) but IMO the CW sculpt has all those nuances that really capture a portrait. On top of that, a stellar paint job. She's gorgeous.:love

Guess that explains all those other BWs on the 'bay and what seems like a flood of KOs:monkey3. Feel mildly stupid for not getting her earlier, but whatever. I feel like I'm lucky to have gotten her new at all at a *decent* price (like, not 300$+ OMG).

Anyway, if my purpose was to have the last "classic" BW released (tho I kinda think for IW 2 there will be some sort of last hurrah and everyone will be in their "classic" looks more or less like Thor's hair will grow back) really, really, happy I got her:). Some VERY quick cell shots as fast nods/"Bucky hacks" to the comic cover art WS "Journey to Asgardia" and "the Longest Winter". She's pretty much fresh out of the box here:

BW-CW2.jpg

BuckyNat.jpg

BuckyNat2.jpg

(LOL re Bucky I am not ripping off a whole sleeve from a 1/6 jacket for a quick cell shot)

Tho I think in the end, she'll be with the other Civil War figures. Hadn't planned really on trying to imitate cover art with my HTs, but I may get some printouts done.:dunno Really trying to imitate the comic art would be pricey$$$ and take a while....:horror

Having TWS Widow too IMO makes for a nice set of looks. Re the similar outfits *shrug* for me there's enough differences while still having a "classic BW" look, so I'm good with it. No real issues - her batons in back will pop off, and gonna try some fabric softener sheets on the hair to tame any wisps, but IMO, HT did real good here.:clap

Just a couple random photos taken today while I rearrange my space for the eventual arrival of Jyn Erso. Notice the hair looking just fine.

Kasumi from Dead or Alive will take temporary anti-dust privileges in the meantime...
71b8ceb2f2c97bb8f1228442c93a3806.jpg
4de4622a8ee494a27350962de1516fd7.jpg
d29c0d3135b929c89f9a28efda4992f2.jpg

Just a couple random photos taken today while I rearrange my space for the eventual arrival of Jyn Erso. Notice the hair looking just fine.

Nice. Haven't had a problem w. my SW hair either or maybe I'm just not bothered. I like rooted hair, depending. But I didn't like the BW hair in Ultron movie. Don't have the fig so not sure if folks are sayin' Ultron hair comes out of the box frizzed or it just spontaneously sort of messes itself up.

Wish I had the Ultron power effects for her arms tho but parted out evilbay prices too high. But she does zap BP in film. Am gonna source the blue Ultron batons tho not that I can remember BW using them in CW.

Well, missed delivery yesterday but managed to get her in today:clap - well, OK, for me, even tho luv my TWS widow and that sleek assassin look - well, this CW Widow - for me, she's the one. Just beautiful:love. It's not like TWS is BAD (don't have any other to compare to) but IMO the CW sculpt has all those nuances that really capture a portrait. On top of that, a stellar paint job. She's gorgeous.:love

Guess that explains all those other BWs on the 'bay and what seems like a flood of KOs:monkey3. Feel mildly stupid for not getting her earlier, but whatever. I feel like I'm lucky to have gotten her new at all at a *decent* price (like, not 300$+ OMG).

Anyway, if my purpose was to have the last "classic" BW released (tho I kinda think for IW 2 there will be some sort of last hurrah and everyone will be in their "classic" looks more or less like Thor's hair will grow back) really, really, happy I got her:). Some VERY quick cell shots as fast nods/"Bucky hacks" to the comic cover art WS "Journey to Asgardia" and "the Longest Winter". She's pretty much fresh out of the box here:

View attachment 367652

View attachment 367653

View attachment 367654

(LOL re Bucky I am not ripping off a whole sleeve from a 1/6 jacket for a quick cell shot)

Tho I think in the end, she'll be with the other Civil War figures. Hadn't planned really on trying to imitate cover art with my HTs, but I may get some printouts done.:dunno Really trying to imitate the comic art would be pricey$$$ and take a while....:horror

Having TWS Widow too IMO makes for a nice set of looks. Re the similar outfits *shrug* for me there's enough differences while still having a "classic BW" look, so I'm good with it. No real issues - her batons in back will pop off, and gonna try some fabric softener sheets on the hair to tame any wisps, but IMO, HT did real good here.:clap

Your background (the fences) in pics are very cool. Is this a real fence or did you make a 1/6 diorama? Either way, great pics. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

...Wish I had the Ultron power effects for her arms tho but parted out evilbay prices too high. But she does zap BP in film. Am gonna source the blue Ultron batons tho not that I can remember BW using them in CW.

That's a great idea to use the AOU Widow energy parts! I'll have to try that one of these days when I recreate the BW vs. BP scene. (Come to think about it, BW stopping BP is a bit ridiculous, but not entirely impossible. I don't have BP either.) As for those blue batons, she never used them in CW...

Great Pix to all!!

Hey has anyone ever switched out your BW's boots from original to a pair that makes the figure taller? If yes, how easy was it? Which boots did you use?

Your background (the fences) in pics are very cool. Is this a real fence or did you make a 1/6 diorama? Either way, great pics. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Thank you very much:)! The fence is "real" or real metal but it's part of the Toys City rooftop diorama (here I was just playin' with IM) -

rooftopIM.jpg

My review of the dio here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/show-your-shelves-/181684-toys-city-1-6-scale-rooftop-diorama-base-quick-review.html

but while I luv it even with the stability issues:love IMO the effect is easy to re-create w. stuff from hardware and garden stores, and probably better (like the upper pipe being polystone is way too heavy). Plus you could do custom size for a Detolf and make it lighter. Looks great but I wouldn't pay full price (and I didn't got mine from Monkey Depot a while ago - this is still on Ebay tho).

I'd love to put some small lights on the dio and give it a creepy night roof effect:

RooftopIM_Bucky_CW.jpg

LOL some *experimental lighting:lol*

rooftop_blu.jpg

Er, no.

rooftop_close.jpg

Popping on an "OK" KO head - er, no. Lots of custom heads but IMO for me this one is going in the parts box for a while...

rooftop_KO.jpg

Re the boots - keeping CW ScarJo as is but I got some boots for TWS Widow kitbash:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KUMIK-1-6-Black-Widow-Catwoman-High-Heeled-Boots-For-Hot-Toys-SHIP-FROM-USA-/191838651294?hash=item2caa79839e:g:5lIAAOSwJQdW~EGn

(had good luck w. this seller BTW)

I think these boots make her slightly shorter:dunno but there are other higher ones you can get. (I just wanted her in something a BW fugitive could actually run away in if needed; e.g stilettos IMO are not PRACTICAL:lol for this kitbash in-work) As I remember the boots were no problem but getting the TWS BW suit off was a nightmare:(.

boots_BW.jpg

For me think I am leaving this beautiful CW:love fig as is - she seems to be in demand on the 'bay, I feel lucky I got her and she is perfect!
rooftop_BWant.jpg

That's a great idea to use the AOU Widow energy parts! I'll have to try that one of these days when I recreate the BW vs. BP scene. (Come to think about it, BW stopping BP is a bit ridiculous, but not entirely impossible. I don't have BP either.) As for those blue batons, she never used them in CW...

Great Pix to all!!

Thanx for that! CW is one of my all time favorite films so I re-watch a lot and LOL don't remember her using the electric batons:dunno. But. I figure for display it's kinda iconic for the Widow. I don't have AOU Widow, so I am sourcing the batons but folks want too much IMO for the "effects" pieces. Anyway I think the blue batons will look cool.:cool:

Re BP - LOL well, he wasn't stopped, just kinda slowed up:monkey3. Hafta give the BP character props LOL for just giving BW "a look" after she zapped him a couple of times:monkey3. Great body language. Hmmm - I like my BP a lot and not sorry I got him, but hafta say getting a custom sculpt on him really elevated the fig$$$. For me he's like CW Bucky - great solid fig, but could be better with more accessories and other stuff - Bucky's pants need to be a bit longer so they don't pull out of the boots when posing and a less "generic" sculpt; IMO BP costume needs body padding to smooth the body ridges and more hands, and stuff like that.

On the other hand so far I feel like CW Widow is a "perfect" purchase - completely happy with her:). Wouldn't even mind a second one but the prices are ridiculous and I'm scared of what may come with IW $$$$$:horror

I like this one a lot, too! That's why I'm in the process of arming her to the teeth...Hopefully I can find sometime to put it all together...but way too busy right now. *sigh*

Hear that.:gah: Just got in a Russian sniper rifle (Bucky) and an HK (Natasha, probably) and misc stuff but no time to work with them. For now, anyway.:(

wow, this thread is so alive! :) great pics, you all! Also very interesting thoughts and intentions from everyone. I do have all 5 of the Ladies and i like each and every figure for it's own design. I mean just look at the progression, Hot Toys took over the years. That's really amazing! CW Natasha has the best likeness to me, but i also see a lot of ScarJo in the others, if just not perfect, though.

As for the different , parted out head sculpts...if you get lucky, you can find IM2 for about $120 bucks, the A1 and WS about $90 and the AoU about $60 - 70, as this figure was sold in large amounts. That was also the reason, why i assumed, the CW head sculpt would take the same direction....i was wrong, big time ... i only watched about 2 asian sellers, parting the hs out about 5 times, or so. The heads always gone for $80 bucks or more ... so i snagged one for $80, but don't regret it. Will bash it sometime. Talking about bashing, i got this KO 5.0 with white blond , short hair and did a quick bash with stuff that was laying around. I prolly do another one, that could resemble BW in IW better :)

blonde Black Widow Infinity War by Bumble Bee, auf Flickr

wow, this thread is so alive! :) great pics, you all! Also very interesting thoughts and intentions from everyone. I do have all 5 of the Ladies and i like each and every figure for it's own design. I mean just look at the progression, Hot Toys took over the years. That's really amazing! CW Natasha has the best likeness to me, but i also see a lot of ScarJo in the others, if just not perfect, though.

As for the different , parted out head sculpts...if you get lucky, you can find IM2 for about $120 bucks, the A1 and WS about $90 and the AoU about $60 - 70, as this figure was sold in large amounts. That was also the reason, why i assumed, the CW head sculpt would take the same direction....i was wrong, big time ... i only watched about 2 asian sellers, parting the hs out about 5 times, or so. The heads always gone for $80 bucks or more ... so i snagged one for $80, but don't regret it. Will bash it sometime. Talking about bashing, i got this KO 5.0 with white blond , short hair and did a quick bash with stuff that was laying around. I prolly do another one, that could resemble BW in IW better :)

Love this bash!!!! Great job. That's (one of several reasons) why I love the HTs Black Widows. The sculpts are so incredibly authentic looking (remember I still don't own CW), each can be used to make a Scarjo bash from any movie (outside MCU). Regarding Knock-offs-there are a few really good ones. 1) the short hair version made to mimic A1, 2) the long hair version that combines Iron Man 2 and A1 (it doesn't have a mole on its face) and 3) the 5.0 AOU. Those three are great and close enough to the real thing to satisfy waiting time or a bash need et. AND Sassafras! How are you my friend!?!? Thanks for answering questions about the boots and the diorama. I want/need "movie accurate" heeled boots to give her a little height. The BVS Wonder Woman (btw : Scarjo is still the Queen of Hot Toys regarding the realistic facial portraits - anyone can hate on me if they please but side by side BW is the winner!!!!) is soooooo incredibly tall it makes me feel the need to give BW some extra inches. And thanks also for the info about your diorama. I love it. I can't afford to spend a lot on one but via your description, it's sounds like something I can reproduce easily inside my budget. Very cool. Hope ur doing well and thanks again.

Love this bash!!!! Great job. That's (one of several reasons) why I love the HTs Black Widows. The sculpts are so incredibly authentic looking (remember I still don't own CW), each can be used to make a Scarjo bash from any movie (outside MCU). Regarding Knock-offs-there are a few really good ones. 1) the short hair version made to mimic A1, 2) the long hair version that combines Iron Man 2 and A1 (it doesn't have a mole on its face) and 3) the 5.0 AOU. Those three are great and close enough to the real thing to satisfy waiting time or a bash need et. AND Sassafras! How are you my friend!?!? Thanks for answering questions about the boots and the diorama. I want/need "movie accurate" heeled boots to give her a little height. The BVS Wonder Woman (btw : Scarjo is still the Queen of Hot Toys regarding the realistic facial portraits - anyone can hate on me if they please but side by side BW is the winner!!!!) is soooooo incredibly tall it makes me feel the need to give BW some extra inches. And thanks also for the info about your diorama. I love it. I can't afford to spend a lot on one but via your description, it's sounds like something I can reproduce easily inside my budget. Very cool. Hope ur doing well and thanks again.

Ur welcome re the dio!:) For sure, having it in hand - folks could absolutely build their own and get the same effect - and make it lighter too. I've thought about extending mine lengthwise across a board (like a train layout, kinda) using wall joint compound over styrofoam or wood to extend the base, painting, and adding more fencing and "roof junk". So the whole thing fits on a shelf and I can fit all the CW figs on it. Just think the gritty industrial look works really well with either TWS or CW figs.

I love OneSixFix's bash too - THAT is beautiful!!! :clap::clap::clap Amazing and I will probably steal some ideas from that...:monkey3 IMO its the little details and color like the arms and the hand wrap, and great face and glasses. Sexy in the right way, too.

Re the BW height issue, would an extension kit work like:https://www.ebay.com/itm/OneSixthKit-1-6-Height-Adjusting-Leg-Extension-Set-Compatible-with-Hot-Toys-Body-/142251292111 ?

I've seen lots of female 1/6 boots on the 'bay - also HTs. Lots of good stuff from Asian sellers tho sometimes I hafta wait a while. (I only buy from high rated sellers too - usually who have lots of feedback. So far, so good, and a lot of the Asian sellers really pack stuff well *impressed*)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KUMIK-1-6-Scale-Female-Accessories-Sports-Sneaker-Shoes-Boot-F12-Action-Figure-/361940050115?var=&hash=item54454ee0c3:m:mz7yYunlq-Q1y1FxfusHytw

boots.jpg

I agree, the China based ebay stores are fully "locked and loaded" with all things 1/6 scale and have a tendency towards being less expensive. But sometimes my local post office gets confused when they see an international shipping label. They lost an e-packet of mine once (it completely disappeared from their system after it was put on truck for delivery). When I inquired the people who work at local USPS didn't know what an e-packet was!!!! So, maybe. And I've used extensions on male figures before. But never on a female. Thanks for the info. Have a great weekend. JD

What body is that? I saw a ... DAM body? with that top.
Pants are nice too. All around good bash.

Hello everyone !
This is my first post here but I've been looking to this forum for a long time.
First thing, I apologize for my English, I'm from France and english is...well...not my first language obviously.

I read a good part of this topic to help me decide if I'll buy this Widow figure. I don't own any Hot toys figure yet but I really want at least one for a long time. I was wondering if I would go for the Gamora one, looked a ton a reviews of her, but the rubbery thing that makes the arms not bendable is a huge turn off for me.
And the Widows ones always seemed like they missed something in the likeness of Scarlet. This one seems pretty godd though.

But I have a question. I read that the suit is limiting the posability, but is it possible for example to "cross" her legs as if she was walking ? I don't know how to explain it very well but for example it seems possible for Gamora to have one leg in front of the other to gave the illusion that she is walking.
I don't know if I can put a link to a photo to show what I'm talking about but...is Widow stuck in a museum pose in the legs or is it possible to do this ? Nobody seems to gave her this kind of poses in the reviews.

Thanks.

Back