1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i bought mine using my reward points for $230 shipped awhile ago, i never thought he’d shoot up to eBay prices now :eek:

doubt i ever sell mine, him & mk III WM are one of my favorite combinations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked at ebay sold, holy hell, I think I might have to sell mine now :lol

Is it really that high now? I’m really surprised the 2014-15 figures have gone up so much in price. They where all pretty readily available and didn’t sell out fast, save for like battling Cap.

Is it really that high now? I’m really surprised the 2014-15 figures have gone up so much in price. They where all pretty readily available and didn’t sell out fast, save for like battling Cap.

Yeah, I remember wondering for a while why the Mark 46 wasnt sold out. It took a long for for it to sell out.
I almost even didnt buy it. The only reason I did cause that was when Sideshow sent the random $50 to people.

lol, if it wasnt for that, I probably would have been kicking myself today for not buying it. Its my favorite IM suit.

Infinity War hype cleared out a lot of stock. Especially seeing as it felt like some would die in IW (and they still might in A4). Folks wanted iconic versions of characters from Phase 1-3 before the end. Captain America certainly, since his appearance moved away from the stars and stripes and shield.

Plus the Civil War line up was very strong. I'm surprised some of those figures stuck around for as long as they did.

A coworker wanted to check out this figure in person so I brought it to work. We took it to the company photo room to take some photos of it. I posed the figure and my coworker took the photos and added the lighting effect. 69C5684A-0D80-4239-A04D-98E8C8C80059.jpegCF944813-EE3E-4312-A66F-91377A11A324.jpeg85CB38B4-3702-408A-A0E6-7F5F45627A71.jpeg

So does the bend pole really work for flight poses? I think my instructions say so, but previous diecast suits I’ve had said not to use the flex poles for slights.

I don’t see really any flight poses in recent pictures, so it makes me wonder if it wasn’t intended, or if so, doesn’t work.

I’m just curious because I’d like more options to pose him in, and he has a bunch of flight accessories.

Please let me know

So does the bend pole really work for flight poses? I think my instructions say so, but previous diecast suits I’ve had said not to use the flex poles for slights.

I don’t see really any flight poses in recent pictures, so it makes me wonder if it wasn’t intended, or if so, doesn’t work.

I’m just curious because I’d like more options to pose him in, and he has a bunch of flight accessories.

Please let me know

The waist grabber mine comes with is hardly strong enough to hold him up in a flying pose. I did have him up for a short time, but one shake and he could fallen easily so I ended up using a basic dynamic iron man stand from an older figure since it took up less room anyway. The waist grabber on that was much more firm and is able to hold him up decently.

The waist grabber mine comes with is hardly strong enough to hold him up in a flying pose. I did have him up for a short time, but one shake and he could fallen easily so I ended up using a basic dynamic iron man stand from an older figure since it took up less room anyway. The waist grabber on that was much more firm and is able to hold him up decently.

That’s what I thought. Thanks. Good call on the replacement stand. I love dynamic bases, but it should have a standard option. He is hard to pose on the rubble.

Definitely not a huge fan of the recycled rubble stand. Looks alright but it's massive and like you said, difficult to get him to pose on it.

Nice Chronos. I have mine all packed up to move. But this makes me want the move to be over so soon and to set them up properly. Have both these guys and they are my favs of the core Marvel set I have. Oh and first Avengers Hulk !

I think I'll also steal that helmet in hand pose idea. Didn't think about that option.

Anyone happen to have any extra leg battery covers?

I may or may not have snapped mine putting the batteries in :gah:

Sorry to hear that. They really need to come up with a new system for lighting these figures. Having to open a ton of individual areas is a pain. Specifically the leg covers that you mentioned. The other covers on this figure all seem to have a specific area to lift from to detach them without damaging the clips. Unless I'm missing something that doesn't seem to be the case with the leg covers.

Those plastic clips definitely need to go. Happy to see that some of the interchangeable pieces use magnets. Hope they start doing that for all removable pieces.

Yeah a couple of the King Arts figures, Iron Monger and the Mark 46, have push button systems to activate the lights. The one on the 46 activates the chest and 8 other lights. It works great and you can’t tell it’s a button by looking at it.

Last edited:
Back