1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much would a fair price for a loose mark 46, just the base/core figure with no box, accessories, or batteries?

With it's current prices and the sold ebay listings, does 300 sound fair?

Yo, Tony Stark lookin' juicy with dem thick thighsssss. Damn, girrrrrl! :lol

Zmp12Il.gif

I have this figure and I will never get accustomed to the child bearing hips Hot Toys stupidly decided to give it.

It's not Hot Toys that gave it that proportion though. They're pretty much how they looked in the movie IMO.

It's not Hot Toys that gave it that proportion though. They're pretty much how they looked in the movie IMO.

The hips may be fine but the waist is too narrow. At least that’s how it appears in pictures. With the Stark head he looks emaciated, unless you get the angle just right.

Nothing earthshaking but finally sat down and took out all of the batteries - one of the them shot off and vanished into the Dark Dimension but it doesn't matter as I'd put fresh ones in, probably.

Kinda sucked as now and then I'd light him up but this thread and others re the rising prices - well, figured it was a good time to give the figs some love. Don't fuss a lot as where's the fun if you can't work with your HTs but it'd really hurt if I got battery leakage with this guy. Some day I'll get him wired. If there's a down side to this fig it's the insanity of lighting him up and pulling off the plates and replacing. Also he's too heavy for the clip, really.

Beautiful fig, no paint changes or issues. Probably gonna skip IW1 IM - hafta see what IW2 brings. Impressed when I bought him and still impressed.

Edit: got curious and checked e-bay price holy &^%$$!!!! :horror :horror:horror

Nothing earthshaking but finally sat down and took out all of the batteries - one of the them shot off and vanished into the Dark Dimension but it doesn't matter as I'd put fresh ones in, probably.

Kinda sucked as now and then I'd light him up but this thread and others re the rising prices - well, figured it was a good time to give the figs some love. Don't fuss a lot as where's the fun if you can't work with your HTs but it'd really hurt if I got battery leakage with this guy. Some day I'll get him wired. If there's a down side to this fig it's the insanity of lighting him up and pulling off the plates and replacing. Also he's too heavy for the clip, really.

Beautiful fig, no paint changes or issues. Probably gonna skip IW1 IM - hafta see what IW2 brings. Impressed when I bought him and still impressed.

Edit: got curious and checked e-bay price holy &^%$$!!!! :horror :horror:horror

They're going for Hulkbuster prices now!:thud:

Random question, am I the only one who can’t get the pole to screw in tightly to the base and still have it facing the right direction? Which I assume is angled over the base, not away from it, correct? Suggestions? Thought about trying some plumbers tape or something so it locks in place in the right orientation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They're going for Hulkbuster prices now!:thud:

Yeah I just had a look now as well. Wow. Whether they actually sell for those prices is another thing though I guess.

One guy has one for $1100, but last one sold by him was $550 or so.

Wish I didn't like mine so much :lol

It’s a cool figure, but at that price no way I’d pick it up. Heck, I may sell one.

It’s a cool figure, but at that price no way I’d pick it up. Heck, I may sell one.

LOL it crossed my mind but...it'd be rare (right now) for me to sell stuff. I collect less but for the long term - for me this was THE IM from one of my top films. Great sculpt. Great details.

Random question, am I the only one who can’t get the pole to screw in tightly to the base and still have it facing the right direction? Which I assume is angled over the base, not away from it, correct? Suggestions? Thought about trying some plumbers tape or something so it locks in place in the right orientation.

I've had issues like that - plumbers tape, silicon sealer, different "rubber" glues - I either leave slightly loose and oriented the right way or use what you are thinking or some sort of coating. Wouldn't call these stands premium machining:lol - they are just enough. As it is even the Sideshow poser guy on YT was using the foot blast effects to brace the fig so I did too re-setting him up.

As it is I'm gonna use some furniture pads inside the clip 'coz the fig keeps sliding down he's too heavy for the clip.

Back