1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

So I just Pre-ordered this guy from SS. Really torn over waiting a year on the 46 or getting the 45 now. Justified the 46 choice as it has a similar look to the 45, but with all the Tony head sculpt, crazy amount of LED's and the proportions just look better On the 46 (is it me or is the helmet on the 45 too small). Now hoping the articulation and paint on the 46 live up to the 45 as we know that the 45 excels here. Fingers crossed?

So I just Pre-ordered this guy from SS. Really torn over waiting a year on the 46 or getting the 45 now. Justified the 46 choice as it has a similar look to the 45, but with all the Tony head sculpt, crazy amount of LED's and the proportions just look better On the 46 (is it me or is the helmet on the 45 too small). Now hoping the articulation and paint on the 46 live up to the 45 as we know that the 45 excels here. Fingers crossed?
Save up for both?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ha! Yes, getting both is an option and my weakness for wanting what is available now is strong. Really looking at pairing the 45/46 (which are very similar) with the Mark VI Die Cast since they are such different core looks. In a perfect world, I'd like a DC 45/46 a VI and either a IV or VII (just a matter of time until those are announced, right?). To me, that represents the best core IM styles, until Infinity War comes along! :rotfl

The wait for this is excessively long lol. After watching civil war again, I really cannot wait for this thing.

I'm really interested to see how all of the lighting is going to work out on the final product.

Its not just you, the helmet looks too small to me too... Its kinda an unpopular opinion, but while I do really like the 45 I prefer how it evolved (or some say devolved) into the 46 with the mix of organic design with the simpler shapes and panel lines, plus I really like the darker colour and like you say the proportions look good.

Ha! Yes, getting both is an option and my weakness for wanting what is available now is strong. Really looking at pairing the 45/46 (which are very similar) with the Mark VI Die Cast since they are such different core looks. In a perfect world, I'd like a DC 45/46 a VI and either a IV or VII (just a matter of time until those are announced, right?). To me, that represents the best core IM styles, until Infinity War comes along! :rotfl

For me it would be, if we were picking 3, VI, VII and 46 (as of right now anyway). If we were talking about figures that have already been announced and I can own without silly aftermarket prices (so taking VII out of the equation) then VI, 43 and 46.

For me it would be, if we were picking 3, VI, VII and 46 (as of right now anyway). If we were talking about figures that have already been announced and I can own without silly aftermarket prices (so taking VII out of the equation) then VI, 43 and 46.[/QUOTE]

I believe we are in alignment on this one.:duff

I wonder if we are going to get a bigger helmet for the 1/4 scale XLV

I would personally go with the 46. Sounds like in getting the 45, you're just getting something to have right now that resembles the 46 because that's the one you sound like you really want.

The wait for this is excessively long lol. After watching civil war again, I really cannot wait for this thing.

I'm really interested to see how all of the lighting is going to work out on the final product.

I'm skeptical. I imagine it will be another light bleed effect off the main reactor. Unless each light point has it's own LED people are going to be let down by the effect.

I'm skeptical. I imagine it will be another light bleed effect off the main reactor. Unless each light point has it's own LED people are going to be let down by the effect.

Dude.. Stop raining on my excitement lol.

I was looking through photos of it the other day and he's got lights right above his legs on the waist.. Those areas these days are generally where they've been adding flaps for improved articulation. So I'm really curious to see how those lights in particular affect the figure.

As much as I love the light up features I rarely use them. If they do in fact have a bleeding problem, I won't be too bothered by it. But it'll definitely impact my over opinion of the figure (not by much though).

After this deadpool suit debacle I'm a leaning a bit more towards you being right about this. I haven't had too many problems with lights bleeds. The only things I can think of that have that type of problem are some of the hands. It'll depend on which materials they use for something like this.

The prototype just looks so nice. I hope whatever worked for that makes it to the final product.

I can't wait to get this. Was going to skip this and get the 45 but the shoulder gap on the 45 is more than I can live with.

Im now the other way, if I had seen this before I ordered the 45 I would probably have waited... Not that the 45 isn't a great looking figure but I just prefer the looks of the 46 a little bit more and the unmasked Tony sculpt makes it the better option for me. Not that I won't be happy to receive my 45 when ever he arrives in the UK but right now the extra wait till the 46 vs some additional figure money to buy something more immediate would have been a good trade off.

:exactly: Too long!! :lol Looking forward to getting this one :)

I can't wait to get this. Was going to skip this and get the 45 but the shoulder gap on the 45 is more than I can live with.

there is no shoulder gap if it's posed properly

there is no shoulder gap if it's posed properly

Yeah, I never even notice it. I love the 45 even more now than when I first opened it up.

I decided to pick up civil war captain america as well to pose with the 46.

Why are the Roman numerals still being used?

Really buzzing for this, it'll be my only 1/6 iron man in my collection. Decided this will be the suit to have for me. Very intrigued to see how the lights work. If it were all done by one switch on a remote, that would be really cool. But I think it'll probably be along the lines of the 1/4 scale iron man. Wait and see I suppose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im now the other way, if I had seen this before I ordered the 45 I would probably have waited... Not that the 45 isn't a great looking figure but I just prefer the looks of the 46 a little bit more and the unmasked Tony sculpt makes it the better option for me. Not that I won't be happy to receive my 45 when ever he arrives in the UK but right now the extra wait till the 46 vs some additional figure money to buy something more immediate would have been a good trade off.
Hi - are you going to order the 46 closer to the time of release? I'm curious what your approach to this is as I'm also in the UK, I normally preorder my figures from Collectibles Direct but I missed the chance on this one so in a bit of a quandary. Leaning towards waiting til we're within the 6 month release window then seeing if any eBay sellers ( Timcent hopefully) still have P.Os available. I don't want to miss out but really don't want to end up paying way over the odds. Opinions and experience appreciated! Thanks.

Hi - are you going to order the 46 closer to the time of release? I'm curious what your approach to this is as I'm also in the UK, I normally preorder my figures from Collectibles Direct but I missed the chance on this one so in a bit of a quandary. Leaning towards waiting til we're within the 6 month release window then seeing if any eBay sellers ( Timcent hopefully) still have P.Os available. I don't want to miss out but really don't want to end up paying way over the odds. Opinions and experience appreciated! Thanks.

With this one I loved it so much I ordered it a couple of days after it went up on preorder with Collectibles Direct (along with the new Black Widow), which was lucky as I waited too long with the recent Batman (and I might be risking with Cap right now) and ended up ordering from Forbiddenplanet.co.uk (who still has the Mark XLVI). If t were me I would go with FP.co.uk as its not much more than CD had it for, but thats partly because I have always been wary buying pre-sale or stock/second hand off of Ebay.

I Normally use forbidden planet uk, Never had any issues with them. And I'm sure they still have this guy up for preorder. Plus you don't have to pay a deposit and you can cancel at any time!
Maybe secure one with them and if you find it cheaper, cancel the forbidden planet order :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back